15 SIGNS YOUR PASTOR IS A DUD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

Its very hard to find a good and noble pastor these days...

The last church, I attended years ago that was close by to where i live, the pastor, drank alcohol and was a gossip.

Two things that a pastor should do or be known to do, and one of the reasons, i never set foot back into it..

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

36 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

(If there were a God-ordained pastor on earth right now, he wouldn't have a congregation, because God's apostate people would think him a heretic, judgmental, and over-strict, and no one would listen to him.)

"On earth right now" is perhaps best described by YHVH'S WORD in Malachi and Revelation -  brothers,  brethren, ekklesia, born ones of YHVH, sons of YHVH born by His Will, not the will of man nor of the flesh, but of HIm,  set apart by Him for His Testimony;   LIGHTS in this world of darkness,  talking with each other about JESUS,  not interested nor entangled in the affairs of this world (as good soldiers in Christ) ,   edifying, healing, and uplifting one another,  layind down our/their lives daily for one another , considering the needs of others as more important , to meet first even before our/their own needs are met, 

not even considering the troubles in this life as anything but light afflictions compared to the overly outrageous generosity from the Father in heaven>  of experiencing SALVATION IN JESUS and walking with Him Daily ....

12 minutes ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

This post did make me chuckle.

(I hope there isn't such a thread.)

There is such a thread in General Discussion.  I am 100 percent KJV only, so while I was sort of having fun over here, I was quite serious about my position.  I will not be part of a church that uses anything besides the KJV Bible.  If you want to know my objections to the other translations, it is there to look at.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

There is such a thread in General Discussion.  I am 100 percent KJV only, so while I was sort of having fun over here, I was quite serious about my position.  I will not be part of a church that uses anything besides the KJV Bible.  If you want to know my objections to the other translations, it is there to look at.  

Yes, I'm well familiar with KJV-onlyism. My profile description makes my position on the matter clear.

(In all my nearly 12 years of communing with our Lord and learning from Him, He has never once spoken to me in antiquated English; nor Greek, nor Hebrew.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,154
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

As an aside, it would be cool if you could post  fifteen signs your pastor is Sold out for God........

and there you have it. is there such a list! have they sold out to motivational / lecture speech that has secular/worldly knowledge/'wisdom'

i got tired of the full- on conveyor belt of information and no substance- bloated sheep syndrone

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

As an aside, it would be cool if you could post  fifteen signs your pastor is Sold out for God......

These are found in the Epistles, of course, (the 'signs') ,  but usually also including more as well that describes the chosen ekklesia of YHVH in a way that excludes most paid positions that most people ever see or hear of or are aware of .....

1 minute ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Yes, I'm well familiar with KJV-onlyism. My profile description makes my position on the matter clear.

(In all my nearly 12 years of communing with our Lord and learning from Him, He has never once spoken to me in antiquated English; nor Greek, nor Hebrew.)

How has he spoken with you?  He generally speaks to me using scripture, and it is in the KJV language because that is what I have read all my life.  If you haven't been reading from the KJV Bible, it would stand to reason God would not speak to you in that language.  Make sense?  

This topic is already being discussed in another thread, but I will give you my biggest objection to modern English translations, NKJV being the exception because the translators weren't guilty of this.  They have removed and in one instance, added to text that was supposed to be part of a closed canon.  If you can do that, take verses of scripture everyone considered the Word of God, and preached as such for thousands of years out of the Bible, then the canon is no longer closed.  It should now be open for debate whether or not to remove or add to any book of the Bible, and we should be able to consider adding books left out like Enoch or Ecclesiasticus (one of my favorite Apocryphal Books) and whether to remove other books we might find less important, like Song of Solomon and perhaps replace it with Wisdom of Solomon.  The canon is no longer closed if it is ok to add or subtract from what was called a closed canon.  How about placing Rest of Esther in the Book of Esther?  Esther is in the canon, but part of what was thought to be part of that book was not in the closed canon.  

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

How has he spoken with you?  He generally speaks to me using scripture, and it is in the KJV language because that is what I have read all my life.  If you haven't been reading from the KJV Bible, it would stand to reason God would not speak to you in that language.  Make sense?  

Simply, without fanfare,  He Reveals the Truth ,  by Revelation while reading and meditating on His Word,  Praying Constantly,

and He Reveals the Truth even when it is NOT obvious in the KJV, or other English versions.

(or would you expect Him to hide the Truth, when it is not shown in English versions including KJV ? )

SURPRISE !  YHVH Reveals Salvation !  Perfectly, His Way,  His Meaning, His Purpose, 

ALWAYS in line with His Word ,  and in Perfect Harmony with All of His Word !  Always !  Never contradicts Himself !

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Butero said:

This topic is already being discussed in another thread, but I will give you my biggest objection to modern English translations, NKJV being the exception because the translators weren't guilty of this.  They have removed and in one instance, added to text that was supposed to be part of a closed canon.  If you can do that, take verses of scripture everyone considered the Word of God, and preached as such for thousands of years out of the Bible, then the canon is no longer closed.  It should now be open for debate whether or not to remove or add to any book of the Bible, and we should be able to consider adding books left out like Enoch or Ecclesiasticus (one of my favorite Apocryphal Books) and whether to remove other books we might find less important, like Song of Solomon and perhaps replace it with Wisdom of Solomon.  The canon is no longer closed if it is ok to add or subtract from what was called a closed canon.  How about placing Rest of Esther in the Book of Esther?  Esther is in the canon, but part of what was thought to be part of that book was not in the closed canon.  

This isn't a subject I'm going to discuss.

1 minute ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

This isn't a subject I'm going to discuss.

I am fine with that.  It is a subject I am taking to the world through the internet, using this argument.  I teach a message on the topic, "Assault On God's Word," and describe how Satan is discrediting the canon and causing confusion with the multitude of modern English Bible translations.  I show how inconsistent they are in what verses they include and leave out, and how they don't say the same thing.