IGNORED

Bible Verses (taking turns posting a verse from a Bible book)

angels4u

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5

* Thank you 'In Him' for the emphasis you placed in Leviticus 4:1-3 which made me think of Hebrews 4:5  and Hebrews 5:1-10.

* Thank you 'turtletwo' also for your note against Leviticus 3:16-17.

Praise God!

Edited by Christine
  • This is Worthy 1

Guest In Him

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 5:1-10 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity. And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins. And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Called of God an high priest, after the order of Melchisedec.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

4 hours ago, In Him said:

If the priest that is anointed do sin according to the sin of the people;

then let him bring for his sin, which he hath sinned,

a young bullock without blemish unto the LORD for a sin offering.

:amen:The typology is completed in the:emot-heartbeat: One who is in a category all of His own. For Jesus was the ONLY High Priest who never had to bring an offering for His sin...being He was 100% sinless.  

"Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself." (Hebrews 7:27)  

• This is Worthy 1

Hello @'In Him' and '@turtletwo',

I find that my Bible version (KJV) is not in sync with the versions you are using. In fact quite noticeable differences are discernible, which alter what is typified, for instance in verses 1-3 of this present chapter (ch.4) the words, 'if  a soul shall sin through ignorance against any of the commandments of the Lord'.  When in your version, 'In Him', there is no mention of sinning through ignorance. I have found also that when I have attempted to use the MKJV during this present study, I have had to change my mind and go back to the KJV, because words of importance have been omitted. This I am finding disturbing, and feel that I cannot continue.  I hope that you will both understand and forgive this decision, and continue as you are led.

With love to you both, 
in Christ Jesus our risen Lord.
Chris

Guest In Him

@Christine I have always used e-sword KJV, thinking that is what you used, and that we were in sync all these months.

Hello @In Him. Looking again, I can see that the wording of your entry is the same as my own.  How strange!  Yes, we have always been in sync before.    I don't know how I got mixed up like this.  I ask that you and @turtletwo please overlook my mistake.   Within the love of Christ our Saviour, Lord and Head. Chris.

• Loved it! 1

Laws for Sin Offerings (cont...):-

'And he (the one offering
.. shall bring the bullock 
.... unto the door 
...... of the tabernacle of the congregation 
........ before the LORD; 
and shall lay his hand upon the bullock's head, 
and kill the bullock before the LORD.'

(Leviticus 4:4)

Praise God!

* Do you notice that the one who is offering the sin offering figures prominently here in this verse, and not the priest:  he has to bring the bullock to the entrance into the tent of assembly, before the Lord, lay his hand upon the bullock's head and kill the bullock before the Lord - not the priest.

And the priest that is anointed shall take of the bullock's blood, 
.. and bring it to the tabernacle of the congregation:
.... And the priest shall dip his finger in the blood, 
...... and sprinkle of the blood seven times before the LORD, before the vail of the sanctuary.
And the priest shall put some of the blood upon the horns of the altar of sweet incense before the LORD, 
.. which is in the tabernacle of the congregation; 
and shall pour all the blood of the bullock at the bottom of the altar of the burnt offering, 
.. which is at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.'
(Leviticus 4:5-7)  

Praise God

* Three times (denoting completeness) the words, 'the priest that is anointed,' are used: once in regard to his own need of to bring a bullock for his own sin,; and twice in regard to the taking of the blood, to sprinkle it 7 times (the number of spiritual perfection) before the Lord, before the veil of the sanctuary; then on the horns of the altar of sweet incense; and then pour what remains at the bottom of the altar of burnt offering, which is at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. 

* The veil: a type of the perfect humanity of Christ; which is of no avail without the blood, for we are saved by His death and not by His life.

'But now in Christ Jesus 
ye who sometimes were far off 
are made nigh 
by the blood of Christ.'

(Ephesians 2:13) 

Praise His Holy Name!

Edited by Christine
  • Praise God! 1

Guest In Him

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:10

Hence, when He returns, we must be found in HIS life, and not our own. (?)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, In Him said:

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:10

Hence, when He returns, we must be found in HIS life, and not our own. (?)

That’s a most interesting connection In Him. Will be chewing on that one. I think you just may be seeing something?? 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 1