• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

"Nazarite" comes from the Hebrew word נזיר nazir meaning "consecrated" or "separated"

Today,  are any Christians "Nazarite" ?  OR are any Christians consecrated or separated ?  Does their obedience indicate this, or is their obedience required/ a sign of consecration or separation ? 

i.e. if they have /live in /  rebellion,  a man with long hair or a woman shorn,  can they be consecrated or separated ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I took another look at this passage of scripture in my study Bible. From my understand of the passage, it has nothing to do with how long or how short a women's hair is. Or if a women cuts here hair or not.  It has to do with women having their head cover as they pray and prophesies.  We are pulling out one passage of the scripture and not looking at the whole. That I think is were the confusion is coming from.  Take a look at how the passage reads in my study Bible.  I am not going to keep going on about this. You can decided for yourself on this matter. But I just wanted to share with you all how this passage of scripture is written in my study Bible. I feel it gives it a bit for clarity and show that this is not about hair length, but about covering one's head. As I am guessing was the tradition at the time Paul wrote this. 

Every man who prays or prophesies with something on his head dishonors his head. 5 But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since that is one and the same as having her head shaved. 6 So if a woman’s head is not covered, her hair should be cut off. But if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, she should be covered.

• This is Worthy 1

3 hours ago, Butero said:

When women have short hair, it is a sign they are not following God's order to obey their husband

Seriously. Do you look at a women with short hair and declare them to be in disobedience to their husband? Frankly my husband dose not care if I cut my hair short or if I wear it long. Also I am not sure what Bible verse you get that from? As I have not come across anything saying that a women is disobeying her husband by having short hair. 

But if that is how you want to see people I guess that is on you. 

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Seriously. Do you look at a women with short hair and declare them to be in disobedience to their husband? Frankly my husband dose not care if I cut my hair short or if I wear it long. 

But if that is how you want to see people I guess that is on you. 

Did you read what is written (in Scripture) ?  it is not up to Butero, or me, or you to decide when YHVH (GOD) has spoken His Word concerning something.

Even your husband cannot change God's Word.

15 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

As I am guessing was the tradition at the time Paul wrote this. 

"tradition" ?   Or the command of Jesus through all the assemblies,  (like immersion in Jesus' Name) .

Yes,  the topics got mixed somewhat - as you noted - long hair vs covering (they are not the same , and got mixed).

This won't change though what YHVH says about long hair,

nor what Jesus says about covering in all the assemblies. 

(realize it is only the last hundred years or so in the USA that women stopped covering - before then  , apparently in all the churches, women wore a covering ;  many things that used to be done in line with God's Word are not even heard of any more)

3 hours ago, Butero said:

If a person wishes to be contentious and doesn't care about the message they are sending, and how it is bringing shame to their Lord, they won't go to hell for it, but I don't want to send that message.  

You are the only person I have ever heard who thinks this way. No one else I know of looks upon a women with short hair and considers her to be bring shame on the Lord.  If that is the message you are getting when you see a women with short hair, I think you are misunderstanding the message. :wacko:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

(realize it is only the last hundred years or so in the USA that women stopped covering - before then  , apparently in all the churches, women wore a covering ;  many things that used to be done in line with God's Word are not even heard of any more)

Well I think it is saying "look, women have hair, that can be their covering."  :D

Just now, LadyKay said:

You are the only person I have ever heard who thinks this way. No one else I know of looks upon a women with short hair and considers her to be bring shame on the Lord.  If that is the message you are getting when you see a women with short hair, I think you are misunderstanding the message.

I think you posted a day or two ago that you don't get out much. 

He is not , by far, the only person.

Many Ekklesia around the world believe God's Word is truth.   (instead of man's ideas or even lies or traditions)

Many more in society (opposed to Jesus, remember the world is still lost) see nothing in God's Word, do not seek Him, and do not care what God's Word says.

So it is no surprise if all the people in life we encounter opposed God's Word - this is what is written .

"as in the days of NOAH"  when only 8 people did not oppose God's Word....

Just now, LadyKay said:

Well I think it is saying "look, women have hair, that can be their covering."  :D

Yes,  a lot of churches teach that in error.

The real point is to come back to God's Way, God's Word, in Jesus, as He guides us and directs our steps.

He was born a man,  Jesus of Nazereth,  in the midst of an evil generation.

It is still an evil generation. 

He came to set people free from sin, from tradition, from the flesh, from the devil , and from the world's power.

Let Him.  Seek Him.  Trust Him.  No matter where anyone is,  seek Him, seek Jesus, and never , never stop seeking Him.

Be one of the eight people saved with NOAH,  so to speak.

Be one of the few, as Jesus says, on the narrow road to life.