• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 minutes ago, Butero said:

I see women in my local Wal-Mart wearing long dresses and head coverings, and I immediately think they are an example of true Christian ladies.  It caused me to ask one where she goes to church so I could visit it.  They were a type of Amish, but not the horse and buggy kind.  

Yes their are some amish who are very strong on evangelism and following the biblical pattern to a T.   its a beauty.   the true Anabaptist move early on

patterned to a T the teachings of JESUS .  oh their were some bad seeds in the group like munsters and so on .

But it was a beauty to read about .  No self defense a hunger for witnessing and just living like JESUS had said too.  By the Spirit . 

To me living for the LORD is not grievieous at all  .   IN fact His sayings are truly as heavenly manna to the soul ,such a rejoicing of the soul to just live and love those sayings.

Men who twist them have not the joy I do even now ,   and sure wont have that joy in the next life .    I mean living for Christ is more than what so many realize

ITS LIFE and ITS Abundant life , such joy and peace and happiness that nothing else can even hold a candle too.   IF we just lived that pattern ,  just imagine

how their would be no strife , just a happy group of beleivers ,who had joy no matter what they suffered .    ITS more than life ,  its abundance of life ,  its so pure and wonderful.

Man ,  I so deeply long for others to just have this .   But so many would rather sit under men who teach what pleases the flesh and that will never fullfill

them,  it will never give them the hope those who live for Christ will ever have , not in this life and not in the world to come .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Well since we are also talking of men and their hair, my own range has been from Mennonite, to hippie, to skin head, to Santa Claus. All as a saved by grace of God alone Christian.

I let my hair and beard grow  so long last fall that little kids were coming to me at airports last fall thinking I was Santa Claus. They would be with their family and dragging their own little luggage, see me at the food area, do a double take and  head straight for me all bugeyed.

Now that the hot season is approaching, I'm trimmed up and ready to go skinhead soon. Glad I'm not  from Nazarene, led to take a Nazirite vow, and having to let my hair grow without cutting for the duration of the vow. 

I think our God, that sacrificed himself and saved me, will not then turn me away for the length  of my hair. My shame is not in the length of it nor in the lack of it. My shame is in my inheritance of the wrath of God upon Adam and his all decendents. I was born into sin and of a sin nature and I embraced it willingly. I have no excuse. Yet My creator turned me about in a near instant. I saw of Him for the first time by the work of the Holy Spirit. 

My claim is on the mercy and grace of God who paid the price of my shame in full, that I shall be found mature in Christ and live eternally with Him, and not at all upon any  characteristic of me, certainly not my hair that dead tissue exuding from the fleshly body.

This thread did get me to wondering about Adam and his barber, or did he perhaps cut his own hair? Did it even grow? Did he have hair?

Seems to me Adam was still alive when  Jillah birthed  Tubal-Cain who was the first to  work with bronze and iron, and perhaps the first to create cutting instruments that could be suitable for trimming off hair.

In any case it seems Adam had quite a few years without having a barber or means to cut hair. Now I wonder just how hairy he was. Could he have looked like a Charlie Daniels band member? Hopefully not a near naked Charlie Daniels? Now there's a speculation the mind's eye could have done without, eh?

Triva question: ( Hint answer may be derived from Genesis 4) How old would Adam have been when Tubal-Cain was born?

How old might Tubal-Cain have been  if and when he first made scissors or cutting shears, if he did? Lets suggest it was after his reaching the age of maturity and personal responsibility. For children the immature are not usually allowed to play with scissors or shears. So lets add maybe 20 to 30 years after his birth. Would Adam still be around growing hair, if his hair grew at all?

Presuming Adam lived to see that first barber, Would he say just take a little off the top? Or might he say, hey just give me a shave take it all off?

Guest Butero
3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Well since we are also talking of men and their hair, my own range has been from Mennonite, to hippie, to skin head, to Santa Claus. All as a saved by grace of God alone Christian.

I let my hair and beard grow  so long last fall that little kids were coming to me at airports last fall thinking I was Santa Claus. They would be with their family and dragging their own little luggage, see me at the food area, do a double take and  head straight for me all bugeyed.

Now that the hot season is approaching, I'm trimmed up and ready to go skinhead soon. Glad I'm not  from Nazarene, led to take a Nazirite vow, and having to let my hair grow without cutting for the duration of the vow. 

I think our God, that sacrificed himself and saved me, will not then turn me away for the length  of my hair. My shame is not in the length of it nor in the lack of it. My shame is in my inheritance of the wrath of God upon Adam and his all decendents. I was born into sin and of a sin nature and I embraced it willingly. I have no excuse. Yet My creator turned me about in a near instant. I saw of Him for the first time by the work of the Holy Spirit. 

My claim is on the mercy and grace of God who paid the price of my shame in full, that I shall be found mature in Christ and live eternally with Him, and not at all upon any  characteristic of me, certainly not my hair that dead tissue exuding from the fleshly body.

This thread did get me to wondering about Adam and his barber, or did he perhaps cut his own hair? Did it even grow? Did he have hair?

Seems to me Adam was still alive when  Jillah birthed  Tubal-Cain who was the first to  work with bronze and iron, and perhaps the first to create cutting instruments that could be suitable for trimming off hair.

In any case it seems Adam had quite a few years without having a barber or means to cut hair. Now I wonder just how hairy he was. Could he have looked like a Charlie Daniels band member? Hopefully not a near naked Charlie Daniels? Now there's a speculation the mind's eye could have done without, eh?

The Bible states a man having long hair is a shame.  If you don't think that is so, you don't believe the Bible.  You are not alone, but that is called being self-willed. 

14 minutes ago, Butero said:

The Bible states a man having long hair is a shame.  If you don't think that is so, you don't believe the Bible.  You are not alone, but that is called being self-willed. 

I think we are supposed  to discuss and or argue points of the Bible and not be personal in response to one another. So I will not respond  in kind, but instead will leave it to others to see some humor in my postings if they might, if they also try to put flesh to the word and visualize it all. I'll risk it.

God has a tremendous sense of humor, He uses His featured  characters of the Bible to share of it. He shares of it often. Why He is better than " the Bard " was.

Seems to me that on a more straight forward note, that there has been opportunity to have a haircut perhaps as early  as the maturity of Tubal-Cain.  Prior to that  what? Bang clam shells against each other with one's hair in between? Did no man please God before the scissors were invented? Seems Abel pleased God, wonder how long his hair was at the time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

6 minutes ago, Butero said:

The Bible states a man having long hair is a shame.

Yes, it is.

"But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her;
    for her hair is given to her for a covering." - 1 Corinthians 11:15

Yes, it is.

Guest Butero
5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I think we are supposed  to discuss and or argue points of the Bible and not be personal in response to one another. So I will not respond  in kind, but instead will leave it to others to see some humor in my postings if they might, if they also try to put flesh to the word and visualize it all. I'll risk it.

God has a tremendous sense of humor, He uses His featured  characters of the Bible to share of it. He shares of it often. Why He is better than " the Bard " was.

Seems to me that on a more straight forward note, that there has been opportunity to have a haircut perhaps as early  as the maturity of Tubal-Cain.  Prior to that  what? Bang clam shells against each other with one's hair in between? Did no man please God before the scissors were invented? Seems Abel pleased God, wonder how long his hair was at the time.

This is a New Testament teaching, so Adam wouldn't even have known about it.  In New Testament times, it has been revealed to us through the scriptures that it is a shame for a man to have long hair.  People can either believe the Bible or reject the Bible.  I choose to believe it.  

Continuing on after my morning read of Genesis; I now wonder if cain's offering might have displeased God because of his hair length. Was perhaps  his hair too long while Abel shavedsomehow and trimmed up his hair before making his own offering? Hmm, maybe my own offerings if and when given at the local body of Christ should be done with  a clean shave and crewcut. Now I wonder about my attire too- where does it all end?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I now wonder if cain's offering might have displeased God because of his hair length.

I believe it is a matter of heart. Abel's heart wanted to please God.

"For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." - 1 Samuel 16:7

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

19 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I believe it is a matter of heart. Abel's heart wanted to please God.

"For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." - 1 Samuel 16:7

And whoever chooses to serve YHVH (God) ,  obeys Him, and loves His Word, from the heart outward, 

with a perfect conscience, cleansed by the blood, a new creation the world cannot comprehend.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

29 minutes ago, Butero said:

This is a New Testament teaching, so Adam wouldn't even have known about it. 

Adam walked with YHVH and spoke with YHVH ;   even though Adam sinned,  he knew what was true better than anyone today.