• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I am ending this discussion as I feel I am being unfairly bashed and judge.  It is clear by the comments to my post that no one whats to have an adult debate on this topic.  

Go ahead thinking that way, but remember why that happens.   It happens exactly as expected here and anywhere that some who know and hold to Scripture as Revealed by YHVH may speak..  

If you find a group of Ekklesia ,  they will judge (appraise, not condemn)  you also (in person), from all that you have said of your life.   They will do so according to Scripture, and gently as directed in Scripture,  and without compromise, as directed in Scripture. 

It will probably / or might still /  make you feeling unfairly treated,  but that's the cost of giving up things that are wrong,  in order to learn what is right and true and from YHVH'S WORD.

OR "to have an adult debate on this topic" with so-called 'adults' not concerned with Scripture,   there are many many forums and groups that might accomodate you,  though entirely outside of and opposed to Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, MMAlex said:
32 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Well, call me degenerate then and take away my church membership.

My hair length falls between my earlobes and the top of my shoulders.....

It seems in the land of internet Christian groups - men don't have to toe any sort of line like women do.  Just my observation for almost two decades.

It is (or seems) unlikely you will ever find a group, internet or in person,  that holds to Scripture and trusts and relies on Jesus.  

That would require turning truly to and seeking YHVH with whole-heartedness, seeking such an assembly (even if just 2 or 3 people),  and /or YHVH'S Gift to accomplish this.

Yet what is impossible with man, 

is possible with YHVH.  As He Pleases, so He Will DO.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Butero said:

I can't always get to a barber when I get a bit shaggy, but I was so bothered by the thought of shaming the Lord, I bought barber shears to cut it myself if necessary.  Sometimes those hair cuts don't come out good, but that is better than the alternative.  

1 Corinthians 11:14

Doesnt nature teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him

So does this pretty much mean Jesus did not have long hair? Sorry for these basic elementary question/thoughts. I am not well equipped in the word as a recent reborn-again Christian

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

Guest Butero
4 hours ago, MMAlex said:

1 Corinthians 11:14

Doesnt nature teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him

So does this pretty much mean Jesus did not have long hair? Sorry for these basic elementary question/thoughts. I am not well equipped in the word as a recent reborn-again Christian

I don't believe Jesus had long hair.  That idea comes because some think he was a Nazarite, as in having taken a Nazarite vow, but that was not the case.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I read the title of this thread and my first thought was "Oh boy. Don't tell me  that women are now going to have their righteous judge by how they wear their hair?"  

Hi LK,

I will also add that long hair isn't a reality for some ethnic groups eg: Afro hair (tight curls/frizzy)...

• Brilliant! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

My thoughts exactly! Even some white women can't seem to get their hair to grow. I had a pastor whose wife always wanted her hair long but it was short and frizzy. Her hair never grew past her shoulders. 

That's right - not all women can have that idealised long beautiful hair that men like.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Hi LK,

I will also add that long hair isn't a reality for some ethnic groups eg: Afro hair (tight curls/frizzy)...

Paul even said if its not a shame for a woman to let her be shorn, shaven etc.

The thing is having her head covered while she prays etc.    I agree that not all women , ethnic etc, they cant grow out hair .

And I have always known that the woman should have her head covered.   But also not to be contentious about it .

Years ago it seems that many things were done in churches that were more fitted to biblical patterns .   But even then

the dire importance is what is on the inside .   an example is while many women did cover their heads,  were all still living for Christ in daily action and deeds.

So what would it matter if her head was covered yet she was living in sin .  The dire importance is righteousness.   

While I agree with the pattern the apostels set in all things.   I take what they say with all seriousness, due to they had actually walked with Christ

paul may not have known Him in the flesh.  But he sure knew Him in the SPIRIT .    I really truly believe the simpliest thing for us to do

is just take their pattern and make it our own.    We KNOW they were OF CHRIST .   can no one argue that .

But we cant claim all who teach today are truly of Him.   Thus the best thing for us all, is to follow the pattern of those we KNEW followed Christ .

You are loved sister.    Be blessed and praise the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, HisFirst said:

That's right - not all women can have that idealised long beautiful hair that men like.

This man has no special affinity for long haired women.

I cherish women as sister's in Christ. I cherish all women because God created wo-man.

I am blessed to have had two of God's special creation for man as my own wives. One predeceased me the other is with me today, both are the blessing of God on me.

Never knew a woman to be rebellious against God nor obedient to God via her hair length. Nor have  I been especially blessed nor punished for my own hair length, or even in my present lacking of much hair at all, except I am blessed with a four days growth of beard  every morning ( Might as well be living  The Santa Clause experience. LOL). I can dull a razor just looking at it.

Obedience is of the heart and of the doing of the things done all to the glory of God. If one grows hair for God's glory I guess that is good, but it seems to me the things one does in an eleemosynary manner is the greatest glory, for no one but God knows of that and it is even ignored by the doer of it. The right hand not telling even the left of it.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 hours ago, Butero said:

I don't believe Jesus had long hair.  That idea comes because some think he was a Nazarite, as in having taken a Nazarite vow, but that was not the case.  

Butero  be blessed.    Nor do I.    I do believe this is a man made concept .    Some say, though I have no idea,  that this idea

promotes feminism in masculinity etc.     I have no idea why the concept came about .   My best guess was it was probably a concept

that came about in the time of what many call the age of enlightenment .    that word alone is so eastern religion.    

As I said ,  I have no idea why it came about .   But many ideals have , and those ideals should have just never been allowed in.

Most have the image of a long haired white Jesus.    but His flesh was of jew lineage .   thus his appearance would have been jewish and not English.

Many ideals and traditions of men have long ago entered in  to the churches.    Let us keep things simple .   We focus on Him, His sayings

and we correct others and encourage .   

45 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Most have the image of a long haired white Jesus.

:)  .......  "Most"   ?   Most U.S> citizens maybe......

I loved(probably not the right word!)  years ago seeing the pictures (even though forbidden as graven images) used in China of the Savior.....  He looks definitely Chinese to quite a few more Chinese than there are people in America ! 

• Thumbs Up 1