• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, HisFirst said:

Hi LK,

I will also add that long hair isn't a reality for some ethnic groups eg: Afro hair (tight curls/frizzy)...

Does YHVH look at the heart,   or at the ethnicity ?  :)   At what is right, or what is superficial ?

With perfect Justice and Righteousness,  or by human standards (or religious standards) ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

2 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Considering this, though... look at who/where the world (even the Christian world) gets their cues from (Hollywood, Nashville, etc). 

Consider this then :  those who get there cues from JESUS,  Ekklesia born again by the Will of the Father, with no thoughts, not even one thought, of monark nor of ick ultra etc ...

Freedom in Jesus is rare,  but still the Gospel Message in Jesus is True, no matter how few....

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, HisFirst said:

That's right - not all women can have that idealised long beautiful hair that men like.

hahaha ..... men are beasts,  carnal and worldly, unaware of Jesus Will, not living Jesus' Life.  (mostly).

What "men like" outside of Jesus, (like hollywood already mentioned), is not to be desired.

Some follow Jesus.  Women too.  Sheer Grace !   ALIVE IN JESUS !  YES ! HIS LIFE ! 

• Praise God! 1

Guest Butero
1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

This man has no special affinity for long haired women.

I cherish women as sister's in Christ. I cherish all women because God created wo-man.

I am blessed to have had two of God's special creation for man as my own wives. One predeceased me the other is with me today, both are the blessing of God on me.

Never knew a woman to be rebellious against God nor obedient to God via her hair length. Nor have  I been especially blessed nor punished for my own hair length, or even in my present lacking of much hair at all, except I am blessed with a four days growth of beard  every morning ( Might as well be living  The Santa Clause experience. LOL). I can dull a razor just looking at it.

Obedience is of the heart and of the doing of the things done all to the glory of God. If one grows hair for God's glory I guess that is good, but it seems to me the things one does in an eleemosynary manner is the greatest glory, for no one but God knows of that and it is even ignored by the doer of it. The right hand not telling even the left of it.

It is a question of doing the best we can to follow God.  There will always be exceptions where someone cannot help their circumstances.  What is so hard for people to simply trust and obey scripture as written?  The Bible states that if I as a man have long hair, it is a shame, so I keep it short.  If I was a woman, I would keep my hair long.  It is not a question of whether or not I appear outwardly in rebellion if my hair is long.  It is a sign of rebellion, not actual rebellion.  It brings shame to the Lord.  I didn't come up with this.  That is what the Bible teaches.  If you are just talking about personal preference, there are some women that look good with hair that is not what I would call long, but that is not the issue.  It is about obedience to scripture.  

Guest Butero
2 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

That was kinda fun to read. My oldest son (age 21) learned the hard way (trial and error) how to cut his own hair with hair clippers. It took about a year for him to hone in his talents. He started when he was 17 and in high school. He went to school with a spot about the size of a half dollar on back of his head where he went a bit too close to the scalp. Lol

He is really good at it now. ;) 

Because I can't see it in the back, I have to go by feel.  I put one of those guards on it to get it about the length I want and keep cutting till it feels even.  My last self done hair cut was pretty good, but the one before was terrible.  When you wind up leaving those spots like you are talking about, somewhere on your head, I find it is best to just cut it as short as you can and let it grow back.  It is not the only time I have done that, and I will be able to go a long period of time without worrying about it again when that occurs.  I work a job where I am not generally home on weekdays, so it is hard to find an open barber.  I was convicted for allowing my hair to get too long, so I started cutting my own hair several years ago.  My wife cut it for me a few times when I first got the barber shears, but I do it myself now.  

51 minutes ago, Butero said:

..........  What is so hard for people to simply trust and obey scripture as written?  .....but that is not the issue.  It is about obedience to scripture.  

For most people on earth,  (etc),  tradition has replaced Scripture.  (tradition opposed to Jesus, and NOT in line with Scripture)  They usually grow up this way,  except for the few who are raised in the way they should go.

(Regarding all things, not just hair length)

UNlearning tradition ,  giving up all things to Jesus,  to know Him, to abide in Him, to be His disciple/follower , often takes years,  by His Grace and Direction,  to be forgiven AND obedient by faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

How long is long?  To the shoulder?  To the back?  To the thigh?  Where is the cut-off point - pun intended  - that makes a woman in rebellion against God because of her hair?

And if a woman came to your church with an unacceptable hair length, would she have to get up in the pulpit and explain that it's growing back from a bout with chemo or should she just abstain from going to church until it is "long" enough?

It's already been said - God knows our  hearts.  What hasn't been said it the context of the passage.  This isn't a mandate for women to  never cut their hair.  I know some of these women who refuse to cut their hair because they think short hair, even to the shoulders, is in rebellion against God, but yet they pile it all on top of their heads or put it in a bun and one cannot SEE the length of their hair.  And it - being piled up - is shorter than women with short hair.

What's the point?

Do long-haired women have to wear it down all of the time for everyone to SEE the length of it?

Edited by Jayne

20 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Do long-haired women have to wear it down all of the time for everyone to SEE the length of it?

This would violate the modesty that women of YHVH have internally,  resting in Christ,  always serving the Father in a pleasing way to Him,  with the beauty Scripture says:  inside.

Women of YHVH do not let men see their hair (at least married women do not, from what I have been able to find out),

and they are not seeking the attention of men, nor to turn their head/ tempt them in any way.

• Praise God! 1

22 minutes ago, Jayne said:

What's the point?

Obedience is desired more than sacrifice.  Since Jesus (God) says "My sheep hear My Voice",  this is the most important point.

Realize that most people never hear his voice is important , obviously.

23 minutes ago, Jayne said:

And if a woman came to your church with an unacceptable hair length, would she have to get up in the pulpit and explain that it's growing back from a bout with chemo or should she just abstain from going to church until it is "long" enough?

No.  

"Going to church" is not the point also:  BEING Ekklesia (born again by the Father's Will) is the LIFE OF CHRIST, even if just 2 or 3, 12 or 20, in a house or forest or cave, gathered together in His Name to serve Him and talk to each other about Jesus.

Really, no,  the hair length at first is not an issue.   This is something , obviously that has to be learned in Christ,  that women of the world have no idea about, so they won't be "ready" in any case,  with long or short hair.

• Praise God! 1

17 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Obedience is desired more than sacrifice.

Even if someone lived correctly according to Jesus Instructions for the hair and the covering,

yet lived in rebellion in other ways,  from their heart in rebellion,

keeping the hair 'right' perfectly,  and the covering,   outwardly "right",

but with inward rebellion and disobedience,

the covering and the hair,  outwardly obedient,  would not help at all.

• Thumbs Up 2