• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Butero said:

It is a question of doing the best we can to follow God.  There will always be exceptions where someone cannot help their circumstances.  What is so hard for people to simply trust and obey scripture as written?  The Bible states that if I as a man have long hair, it is a shame, so I keep it short.  If I was a woman, I would keep my hair long.  It is not a question of whether or not I appear outwardly in rebellion if my hair is long.  It is a sign of rebellion, not actual rebellion.  It brings shame to the Lord.  I didn't come up with this.  That is what the Bible teaches.  If you are just talking about personal preference, there are some women that look good with hair that is not what I would call long, but that is not the issue.  It is about obedience to scripture.  

Yes and in obedience I choose not to cause another to stumble by putting my restrictions on the servant of another to satisfy my understanding of what is right or wrong or best  for me.

I will choose to  defer to the Holy Spirit to lead each as the Spirit wills.

• This is Worthy 1

Guest Butero
Just now, Neighbor said:

Yes and in obedience I choose not to cause another to stumble by putting my restrictions on the servant of another to satisfy my understanding of what is right or wrong or best  for me.

I will choose to  defer to the Holy Spirit to lead each as the Spirit wills.

I don't choose to put my restrictions on them.  I simply choose to believe the Bible and hold to what it says.  God commanded me to "preach the Word," and that is part of the Word.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well Simplejeff said women are not to show their hair so is this what he meant? 

Why Christian Women are Taking Up Jewish Practice of Hair ...

Apr 1, 2016 ... Michaelson reflected on the value of modesty, which, for Jewish women, includes hair covering in all its forms. “I really believe that women are very elevated in Torah. When a woman dresses modestly and is completely covered, what's seen is her inner beauty coming out. So you can see her attractiveness ...

The Meaning of Hair Covering - Inner & Outer Beauty - Chabad.org

www.chabad.org/theJewishWoman/.../jewish/The-Meaning-of-Hair-Covering.htm - Cached - Similar

Jewish tradition also encourages modesty; not in order to detract from our beauty, but rather to channel our beauty and attractiveness so it be saved for where it belongs — within marriage. By covering her hair, the married woman makes a statement: "I am not available. You can see me but I am not open to the public.

Just for examples, a start for further searching to see what pleases YHVH.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Butero said:

The Bible doesn't say women can never cut their hair.  I don't think anyone here made that claim. 

This topic has confused me. Please bear with me as I try to understand what is being said. So what you are saying is women can cut their hair. But they can't have short hair. Though I am still not sure what is consider short hair and what is not. 

8 minutes ago, Butero said:

It is a shame for women to have short hair and men to have long hair.  That is what the Bible says.

Paul says it is a shame but not a sin. I don't see sham as being the same as sin. But yet when I tried to say that it was okay for a women to have short hair I was met with comments of "your in rebellion against God and your trying to ignore the word of God" both things that I myself would consider to be a sin. :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Davida said:

The reason muslim women are told to cover their heads is that even the sight of hair is sexual temptation & an invitation to a Muslim man which is the excuse muslim rapists have used when they have been arrested for sexually assaulting a non-muslim woman, so i'd be careful making the comparison because it does nothing to support your argument. 

YHVH always basically tells Ekklesia NOT to go by  (nor even consider as right in any way even to look at) what pagans do, not to study the ways of heathen nations/peoples,  and not to follow foreign gods nor idols.  i.e. discussing muslims is not even 'right' most of the time here.  (especially presenting a false gospel like badj*** came with and says he does, for a long time now)

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

o i'd be careful making the comparison because it does nothing to support your argument. 

I was asking Simplejeff if that was what he ment since he stated that women should not show their hair. 

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

discussing muslims is not even 'right' most of the time here. 

This has nothing to do with muslims but with head covering. You said women are not to show their hair. Therefor a head covering like the one I posted would be what a women would have to wear in order to not show her hair. 

Just now, LadyKay said:

This has nothing to do with muslims but with head covering. You said women are not to show their hair. Therefor a head covering like the one I posted would be what a women would have to wear in order to not show her hair. 

I know.   I did not even consider the picture you posted as muslim nor related to them in any way.

It showed a modest outward appearance ,  perfectly in line with an inward beauty of someone willingly obedient to Jesus and the Father.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Davida said:

You have short hair cut right? .... just a feelin i have. :laugh:

Why yes I do sister .     I cut it myself a number one all over .  simple and easy . 

But I think this is acceptable due to I am a man.     OH davida smile,   I know you was talking to Jayne.

But I had to come and say I loves ya and you be blessed.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

Obedience is desired more than sacrifice.  Since Jesus (God) says "My sheep hear My Voice",  this is the most important point.

Realize that most people never hear his voice is important , obviously.

No.  

"Going to church" is not the point also:  BEING Ekklesia (born again by the Father's Will) is the LIFE OF CHRIST, even if just 2 or 3, 12 or 20, in a house or forest or cave, gathered together in His Name to serve Him and talk to each other about Jesus.

Really, no,  the hair length at first is not an issue.   This is something , obviously that has to be learned in Christ,  that women of the world have no idea about, so they won't be "ready" in any case,  with long or short hair.

Simple jeff you be blessed.   Its quite obvious you simply desire the people to just have a closer walk with JESUS .     I see this .

You loved brother .   My oh my how I wish the people JUST desired CHRIST ONLY and oh how our gatherings could be so sweet they would make honey envious.