IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

13 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

If anyone is following a gospel that only preaches/teaches half the gospel and denies the rest of it, then yes it certainly is a false gospel.

19 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

multitudes in the valley of decision.

Exactly, as it is written... Many, many will say to Him in that Day.

"Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able." - Luke 13:24

@Davida

Just make a decision, and follow the Lord. He wants you decided.

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." - James 1:7-8

"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also
    will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels." - Mark 8:38

Love, receive, and embrace the Lord in your life. He loves you very much!

"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, 
    and We will come to him and make Our home with him." - John 14:23

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

27 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Sorry, but a born again cannot lose salvation. There is a possibility they can walk in disobedience for some time?! Yes, and they are chastened if they do so.

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44

But losing salvation for such is not possible. It is the Lord that keeps them.

"This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He
    has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day." - John 6:39

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
    And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand." - John 10:27-28

We all know that born again believers love the Lord; and love does not fail.

"bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:7-8

"He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

The problem today is that many people think they are born again, and they are not. They are deceived.

"Do not love the world or the things in the world.
    If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." - 1 John 2:15

It could be that some of this gets into the issues of foreknowledge and election.

There is also the issue of needing to be perfected in love.

And even those who are fully matured saints, have tasted the heavenly gift and the powers of the world to come, they are warned that if they should fall away, it is impossible for them to be renewed, the same as it is impossible for the angels who fell to be renewed.

It's a real war we are in, in which there can be real casualties....spiritual fatalities....and God knows from the beginning how it is going to end up with each individual.  This is why we each need to run our race with intent and seriousness/sincerity.......Satan prowls around like a roaring lion seeking who he may devour for real.  It's also why those who only heed and believe half the gospel message are in serious danger, especially now at the end of the age when the devil knows his time is short......the battle is intensifying, so maybe it could be said that we need to get more intense and intentional too.

• Praise God! 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

39 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

It could be that some of this gets into the issues of foreknowledge and election.

There is also the issue of needing to be perfected in love.

And even those who are fully matured saints, have tasted the heavenly gift and the powers of the world to come, they are warned that if they should fall away, it is impossible for them to be renewed, the same as it is impossible for the angels who fell to be renewed.

It's a real war we are in, in which there can be real casualties....spiritual fatalities....and God knows from the beginning how it is going to end up with each individual.  This is why we each need to run our race with intent and seriousness/sincerity.......Satan prowls around like a roaring lion seeking who he may devour for real.  It's also why those who only heed and believe half the gospel message are in serious danger, especially now at the end of the age when the devil knows his time is short......the battle is intensifying, so maybe it could be said that we need to get more intense and intentional too.

And the early church knew that .    This is why BY HIS SPIRIT they would warn , remind , stir up ,  rebuke , correct .

IF the one who errs , repents of the error ,  THEY RESTORED RIGHT BACK.

But due to half gosples as if none fall away   ,  this has produced first a lazy church that got slow to correct, then it quit correcting , the leaven went viral

and yet many live in willfull sin ,  never able to come to the truth, yet FEEL saved and will find out at the end,  They were not saved .

The solution IS CHRIST , HIS SAYINGS and the same pattern the apostels taught .  We must examine our walk and see if it lines up with THAT PATTERN.

and if error is spotted,   Then correct and do so fast .   You loved sister .     you loved .  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

We NEED to KNOW who we follow .    is it men or CHRIST .     and oh dear it better be CHRIST only.

All men are capable of error .    BUT NOT JESUS .  thus HIS WORDS , HIS PATTERN on how to do ,  contain NO ERROR .

Error finds a way around those sayings .  And the apostels TAUGHT that pattern .   Our walk is not complicated.

I hear so many saying even now , the bible is so hard to understand .    NO its not .   What has made it hard to understand

is teachers have taught contrary to it , and thus when one who sat under those try and read it and see a clear contradiction to their churches teaching

THEY GET CONFUSED and to them it seems hard to grasp.  WHEN if we have CHRIST , its not , its simple .  

Don't compare the bible to your churches teachings and try and learn that way.    JUST read it for yourself , pray and ask GOD to give understanding .

THEN one in time sees very clear and can then go and correct others .     Its a simple walk that man has made complicated.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

All men are capable of error .    BUT NOT JESUS .  thus HIS WORDS , HIS PATTERN on how to do ,  contain NO ERROR .

Faith, faith, faith. Just trust in Him, it is what I have been doing since the start.

Just pray: "Father, do not let me fall in the hands of Satan. Guide me in all truth, just guide me and do not let me fall. In Jesus' name, Amen!".

"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray,
    believe that you receive them, and you will have them." - Mark 11:24

And just follow Him. Simple.

"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." - John 6:68

Glory to God! Amen. :laugh:

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Faith, faith, faith. Just trust in Him, it is what I have been doing since the start.

Just pray: "Father, do not let me fall in the hands of Satan. Guide me in all truth, just guide me and do not let me fall. In Jesus' name, Amen!".

"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray,
    believe that you receive them, and you will have them." - Mark 11:24

And just follow Him. Simple.

"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." - John 6:68

Glory to God! Amen. :laugh:

I love the humility with that brother.......so much better than the assumptions and presumptions that we so often see with those who are taking Christ for granted.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

A word of general advice: 

One very important key to having a correct understanding of Christian doctrine is knowing what is written about whom and what is written to whom: 

Is the scripture written to or about people who are born again, or is it written to or about those who are not? Is it written about people who have never known God but have professed to know Him, or about people who truly did know Him but fell away from Him and died spiritually as a consequence after having come to life in Christ?

The NT addresses each of these in different places, and sometimes with similar wording. Confusing them is very problematic with regard to a Christian knowing what Christianity teaches.

Unfortunately, these distinctions have been confused for centuries---thanks to too few disciples and a lot of unqualified, man-made and self-made pastors who taught what they thought was correct but wasn't. 

Most of what most Christians believe Christianity teaches comes from what they heard in church, or were taught in seminary, which may or may not have been correct, depending on what it is. Then, when they get home and read the Bible for themselves, they interpret what they read through the filter and lens of what they were taught.

So, if you can, read the word objectively and carefully and ask the Lord to teach you the correct meaning of what you are reading. It doesn't matter how widely taught or believed a teaching is, or how traditional, or how prominent, revered, or educated the teacher is or was: If the teaching is incorrect, it's incorrect. And embracing one false teaching impairs one's understanding of other truths, because the Scriptures build upon and relate to each other, and do not contradict each other, even when they seem too. In order for a person to make a teaching or belief that doesn't fit fit in with or agree with scriptures that contradict that teaching or belief, he or she has to twist those other scriptures too, in order to make the Scriptures make sense.

The Scriptures are as easy to understand as the Holy Spirit gives us the understanding of them, and as difficult to understand as He does not.

(This doesn't necessarily mean that if a Christian doesn't understand or accept a particular Christian doctrine that he or she doesn't have the Holy Spirit and isn't really a Christian, so please do not misinterpret what I am saying here. A Christian can be confused about a particular doctrine simply because the Lord has not yet given him or her the correct understanding of the Scriptures concerning that subject; and there are various reasons why He may not. So please don't go telling folks that they don't have the Holy Spirit and aren't saved merely because they're confused or deceived about a particular doctrine, when you don't know for certain that that is the case or the reason for their confusion.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

A word of general advice: 

One very important key to having a correct understanding of Christian doctrine is knowing what is written about whom and what is written to whom: 

Is the scripture written to or about people who are born again, or is it written to or about those who are not? Is it written about people who have never known God but have professed to know Him, or about people who truly did know Him but fell away from Him and died spiritually as a consequence after having come to life in Christ?

The NT addresses each of these in different places, and sometimes with similar wording. Confusing them is very problematic with regard to a Christian knowing what Christianity teaches.

Unfortunately, these distinctions have been confused for centuries---thanks to too few disciples and a lot of unqualified, man-made and self-made pastors who taught what they thought was correct but wasn't. 

Most of what most Christians believe Christianity teaches comes from what they heard in church, or were taught in seminary, which may or may not have been correct, depending on what it is. Then, when they get home and read the Bible for themselves, they interpret what they read through the filter and lens of what they were taught.

So, if you can, read the word objectively and carefully and ask the Lord to teach you the correct meaning of what you are reading. It doesn't matter how widely taught or believed a teaching is, or how traditional, or how prominent, revered, or educated the teacher is or was: If the teaching is incorrect, it's incorrect. And embracing one false teaching impairs one's understanding of other truths, because the Scriptures build upon and relate to each other, and do not contradict each other, even when they seem too. In order for a person to make a teaching or belief that doesn't fit fit in with or agree with scriptures that contradict that teaching or belief, he or she has to twist those other scriptures too, in order to make the Scriptures make sense.

The Scriptures are as easy to understand as the Holy Spirit gives us the understanding of them, and as difficult to understand as He does not.

(This doesn't necessarily mean that if a Christian doesn't understand or accept a particular Christian doctrine that he or she doesn't have the Holy Spirit and isn't really a Christian, so please do not misinterpret what I am saying here. A Christian can be confused about a particular doctrine simply because the Lord has not yet given him or her the correct understanding of the Scriptures concerning that subject; and there are various reasons why He may not. So please don't go telling folks that they don't have the Holy Spirit and aren't saved merely because they're confused or deceived about a particular doctrine, when you don't know for certain that that is the case or the reason for their confusion.)

Amen....very much agree......and I know by experience that what you are saying is true as well, because of having gone through it in my life.  I know just how the teachings of man confuse and muddy the simple truth, because I was in that place for a long time.  Whereas the Holy Spirit helps us to rightly divide the scriptures and understand who/what is being addressed.

I also remember very well what it is like to not know how to rely on or have experience of the Holy Spirit, so that is why I sometimes can tell those who have not yet received the Holy Spirit since they believed.  That is not an accusation, it is just something we all very much need in the battle.......the church or denomination that some people adhere to does not preach to be filled with the Spirit, nor lay on hands and pray for it for their flock.....and I encourage any who are lacking in that area to seek the Lord about it.  People certainly may be saved without being filled with the Holy Spirit.....it is like when Jesus breathed on His disciples and said, receive ye the Holy Spirit....they were saved because they believed on Him and had the Holy Spirit......but just not in the sense of being filled yet, until it became possible at Pentecost.  So if I think that someone is not filled with the Holy Spirit, it doesn't mean I don't believe they are saved.  Paul asked some, "Have you received the Holy Spirit since you believed?"  He wasn't accusing them at all, but making known to them something that they needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, brakelite said:

My posts on this thread follow precisely the criteria laid out as guidelines for this thread...upholding the righteousness of Christ by faith....and encouraging others to do the same. In rejecting that it is you who perhaps inadvertently has placed herself in the hands of the Lord. 

Your preoccupation in rejecting the 4th commandment while upholding the other nine makes no sense, and is the reason God needs to remind everyone to remember it. However, as you wish. I will take my leave.

The Sabbath was given to Isarel as a sign.  Our sign is the Lord's supper and baptizing a believer.

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Yes, this is true. When we need to know of something it simply comes.

20 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

People certainly may be saved without being filled with the Holy Spirit

Sorry, but I do not believe it is possible. The Holy Spirit of God dwelling in us is what will give us life.

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you,
    He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." - Romans 8:11

The strategy of the enemy is exactly to prevent people from receiving the Holy Spirit in their hearts.

"Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name,
    cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" - Matthew 7:22-23

This way, they will remain in the flesh and take part in the resurrection of the condemnation.

"And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world,
    and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." - John 3:19

People can receive the Holy Spirit simply by believing in the words of the Lord Jesus, and they must receive Him fully for this.

"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him." - John 14:23

"that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
    may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height
        to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." - Ephesians 3:17-19

"But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive;
    for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified." - John 7:39