IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

If we walk in the spirit we will not live by the flesh. The only way to not live in sin is to walk in the spirit. The things of the spirit are love kindness long suffering  goodness knowledge godliness.  If we live by the spirit we will bear fruit.  The new nature in us is of the spirit. Put on the new man. And walk in him. Put off the old man the things of the flesh. Keep the commandment we had from the beginning to love one another. Put on love and walk in the light. If you say you have no sin you are a liar. Confess your sin and the blood of Jesus will cleanse you.  This is how you walk with GOd. No one does it perfect. When you stumble confess right away. We are righteous to God because of Jesus sacrifice . Not because of our works. Our works are because he gave us a new life in christ.

If we walk in the spirit we will not live by the flesh. The only way to not live in sin is to walk in the spirit

Wayne what you are not getting is WE DO KNOW THIS .    ITs been what I have been saying .   just because one comes and reminds

to walk Holy don't mean they under the law .  Its just reminders wayen.     

I did not see a response about the video .    That is worrying me wayne , for you.   OH dear you better not be agreeing with those false ones on that video .

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

If we walk in the spirit we will not live by the flesh. The only way to not live in sin is to walk in the spirit

Wayne what you are not getting is WE DO KNOW THIS .    ITs been what I have been saying .   just because one comes and reminds

to walk Holy don't mean they under the law .  Its just reminders wayen.     

I did not see a response about the video .    That is worrying me wayne , for you.   OH dear you better not be agreeing with those false ones on that video .

It not just reminders. People are posting we have to follow the law. We are now in Christ not law. I cannot view video on my smart phone right now. So cannot see it. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

It not just reminders. People are posting we have to follow the law. We are now in Christ not law. I cannot view video on my smart phone right now. So cannot see it. 

We are to follow CHRIST ,   we do not look to the law for salvation , only to Christ .   IF we simply keep HIS Sayings , not a one of them transgressed the law in any way.

See grace don't make void the law .   an example of making void the law.   here I will give an easy one .

If you or I were to tell one that gay marriage , man with man is sin , evil   and one repsonds with HEY that is old test stuff , we under grace now so its okay.

THAT is making void the law , and using grace to justify sin and evil .     Does that make more sense .    Its not that we look to the law to save us

nope ,   we look to Christ for that .   But Christ is no transgressor , his sayings do not make void the law .............they actually FULLFILL the law .   That is honest truth .

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

Do you believe we are to still love by Torah ? And do you believe we are to keep the seventh day Sabbath?

If you meant live by Torah, which I assume you meant, and if by Torah, you meant the Law of Moses, which includes the keeping of the Sabbath, then no. I'm not Jewish, so I never would have lived by the Law of Moses; and I'm also a Christian. I live by the New Testament's teachings and commandments, although I read the entire Bible for wisdom, insight, and instruction. The law of Moses had a purpose for a time, and it hasn't been done away with. It's still in place for unsaved Jews, but this is not the law I live by.

For He Himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in His flesh the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing the law of commandments and ordinances, that He might create in Himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross... (Ephesians 2:14-16)

Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. (Colossians 2:16, 17)

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness

1 minute ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

If you meant live by Torah, which I assume you meant, and if by Torah, you meant the Law of Moses, which includes the keeping of the Sabbath, then no. I'm not Jewish, so I never would have lived by the Law of Moses; and I'm also a Christian. I live by the New Testament's teachings and commandments, although I read the entire Bible for wisdom, insight, and instruction. The law of Moses had a purpose for a time, and it hasn't been done away with. It's still in place for unsaved Jews, but this is not the law I live by.

That's good  ! For many are promoting the law of Moses on this board. Christ is our law now. Like Jeff he keeps the Sabbath the fourth commandments. We are not under the ten commandments.  Thank you.

46 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

We are to follow CHRIST ,   we do not look to the law for salvation , only to Christ .   IF we simply keep HIS Sayings , not a one of them transgressed the law in any way.

See grace don't make void the law .   an example of making void the law.   here I will give an easy one .

If you or I were to tell one that gay marriage , man with man is sin , evil   and one repsonds with HEY that is old test stuff , we under grace now so its okay.

THAT is making void the law , and using grace to justify sin and evil .     Does that make more sense .    Its not that we look to the law to save us

nope ,   we look to Christ for that .   But Christ is no transgressor , his sayings do not make void the law .............they actually FULLFILL the law .   That is honest truth .

You say you are not under the law but really you promote it. Anyway good luck to that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

That's good  ! For many are promoting the law of Moses on this board. Christ is our law now. Like Jeff he keeps the Sabbath the fourth commandments. We are not under the ten commandments.  Thank you.

Well, if he does, believing that he should do so because he thinks the Lord wants him to and his desire is to please the Lord by doing it, the Lord will have to show him otherwise, which He is able to do. And I did make it clear in the original post that this thread is not to be used to advocate the keeping of the law of Moses, which is contrary to the teachings of Christianity. 

ROMANS 14

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

23 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

You say you are not under the law but really you promote it. Anyway good luck to that.

Isaiah 65:11 - Bible Gateway
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Isaiah 65:11
What will happen to you for offering food and wine to the gods you call “Good Luck” and “Fate”? ... “But you who abandon me, your God, who forget the holy mountains, Who hold dinners for Lady Luck and throw cocktail parties for Sir Fate, Well, you asked for ... You did the very things I exposed as evil; you chose what I hate.

49 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Isaiah 65:11 - Bible Gateway
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Isaiah 65:11
What will happen to you for offering food and wine to the gods you call “Good Luck” and “Fate”? ... “But you who abandon me, your God, who forget the holy mountains, Who hold dinners for Lady Luck and throw cocktail parties for Sir Fate, Well, you asked for ... You did the very things I exposed as evil; you chose what I hate.

Lol.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

For many are promoting the law of Moses on this board. Christ is our law now.

Sorry, you are misunderstanding others here.

In Christ, we live by the Spirit, not the law that is on paper, but the law that is written in our hearts.

The Spirit will not lead us to the works of the flesh: adultery, fornication, hate, uncleanness, bitterness, heresy, lies, envy, etc...

Keeping the sabbath will not condemn nor save anyone... It is your faith in Christ, it is His Spirit in you that gives you life and works in you.

For what profit does one have if they keep the sabbath and hates his brother?! Or if someone has nice clothes and cool bible in hands and is an extortioner?!

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." - Romans 10:4

It is only by faith that we can repent, surrender and become obedient to the Spirit.

"that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love" - Ephesians 3:17

Please, I hope you understand it now.