IGNORED

THE EXHORTATION THREAD (For Christians Who Love Jesus)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

The more I read your posts the more I see you are using scripture wrong.

Another false statement.... building up in number - you have never showed that he nor I ever used Scripture wrong..... yet keep making false statements .... .without any basis....

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,573
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Another false statement.... building up in number - you have never showed that he nor I ever used Scripture wrong..... yet keep making false statements .... .without any basis....

My statement stands. If I did not think so I would not post it. You don't have a good grasp on theology.  No one is perfect. But I study books by John Mcarthur. NTWright. RCSproul. Dr Donald Barnhouse. Many others who are brilliant scholars of the scripture.  I know you study maybe Ellen White ? I am not saying I am anything because I am not. But I can see bad theology and grave mistakes. And you Jeff are not a good biblical teacher. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

That explains nothing good for you.   Several source you admit you study have been exposed for many years as false teachers.

Your own posts and testimonies so far likewise show nothing good coming from them - including just being able to know a true teaching from a false teaching by Scripture.    The statements you 'stand by' have been simply false,  and with no good purpose,  and not in line with any Scripture nor fact. 

I know I don't study Ellen.    And I know some of the ones you named that you study are false teachers known nationwide as false teachers.   (look up online if you want to know which ones).

"Brilliant scholars" ?  That's a standard you use ?   What did Jesus say about "educated ones" !?  Did you forget Scripture ! ?

2 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

My statement stands. If I did not think so I would not post it. You don't have a good grasp on theology.  No one is perfect. But I study books by John Mcarthur. NTWright. RCSproul. Dr Donald Barnhouse. Many others who are brilliant scholars of the scripture.  I know you study maybe Ellen White ? I am not saying I am anything because I am not. But I can see bad theology and grave mistakes. And you Jeff are not a good biblical teacher. 

• Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

That explains nothing good for you.   Several source you admit you study have been exposed for many years as false teachers.

Your own posts and testimonies so far likewise show nothing good coming from them - including just being able to know a true teaching from a false teaching by Scripture.    The statements you 'stand by' have been simply false,  and with no good purpose,  and not in line with any Scripture nor fact. 

I know I don't study Ellen.    And I know some of the ones you named that you study are false teachers known nationwide as false teachers.   (look up online if you want to know which ones).

"Brilliant scholars" ?  That's a standard you use ?   What did Jesus say about "educated ones" !?  Did you forget Scripture ! ?

Those are false teachers ? Lol really ? Name one that is on that list and show why if you could. And nothing good. Showing that we are saved through Jesus Christ and have a new life being raised with him. So that's not good huh.  Better then you and your friend saying you Better shape up people because your not going to be saved if you dont.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Those are false teachers ? Lol really ? Name one that is on that list and show why if you could. And nothing good. Showing that we are saved through Jesus Christ and have a new life being raised with him. So that's not good huh.  Better then you and your friend saying you Better shape up people because your not going to be saved if you dont.

Brothers, it seems to me that the disagreements here stem from confusion over a few things:

1. Which law the Scriptures are referring to when they speak about the law (whether it is the law of Christ or the law of Moses). Sometimes it is one and sometimes the other.

2. Who the law of Moses was given to and who is under it

3. Whether a Christian's conduct and choices after he or she is saved (by the mercy, grace, and election of God, through God-given faith in Jesus Christ) can put his or her salvation in jeopardy

We must be careful that we know the truth about these things, which God is able to show us from His word with the help of His Spirit, so as not to unwittingly embrace or spread error. Not everything is black and white; sometimes the truth is in fact some of both, and not either or. 

I won't share the answers to the 3 points above, but I will encourage the three of you to investigate them again and to ask the Lord to show you the truth about them, so as not to be confused, however you may be; and I will pray that He does.

• Thumbs Up 1

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and Godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us to His own glory and excellence, by which He has granted to us His precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the Divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with Godliness, and Godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.

For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins.

Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

(2 Peter 1:3-11)

• Thumbs Up 1

Good and upright is the LORD;

therefore He instructs sinners in the way.

He leads the humble in what is right,

and teaches the humble His way.

All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness,

for those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.

Who is the man who fears the LORD?

Him will He instruct in the way that he should choose.

The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear Him,

and He makes known to them His covenant.

May integrity and uprightness preserve me, 

for I wait for You.

(Psalm 25:8-10, 12, 14, 21)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

9 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

going about to establish our own righteousness apart from faith  is certain death

I tell you something, remember the pharisees were self righteous for living according to the flesh.

Now we live by faith, seeking the righteousness of Christ, through faith... And by grace we are free from the flesh.

If we still are under dominion of the flesh, then it means we are not free, but yet a slave. And those who insist in the flesh, they are the ones who is being self-righteous actually.

Reminder: Satan does not play.

Glory to God! Amen.

• This is Worthy 1

3 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Brothers, it seems to me that the disagreements here stem from confusion over a few things:

1. Which law the Scriptures are referring to when they speak about the law (whether it is the law of Christ or the law of Moses). Sometimes it is one and sometimes the other.

2. Who the law of Moses was given to and who is under it

3. Whether a Christian's conduct and choices after he or she is saved (by the mercy, grace, and election of God, through God-given faith in Jesus Christ) can put his or her salvation in jeopardy

We must be careful that we know the truth about these things, which God is able to show us from His word with the help of His Spirit, so as not to unwittingly embrace or spread error. Not everything is black and white; sometimes the truth is in fact some of both, and not either or. 

I won't share the answers to the 3 points above, but I will encourage the three of you to investigate them again and to ask the Lord to show you the truth about them, so as not to be confused, however you may be; and I will pray that He does.

Do you believe we are to still love by Torah ? And do you believe we are to keep the seventh day Sabbath?

If we walk in the spirit we will not live by the flesh. The only way to not live in sin is to walk in the spirit. The things of the spirit are love kindness long suffering  goodness knowledge godliness.  If we live by the spirit we will bear fruit.  The new nature in us is of the spirit. Put on the new man. And walk in him. Put off the old man the things of the flesh. Keep the commandment we had from the beginning to love one another. Put on love and walk in the light. If you say you have no sin you are a liar. Confess your sin and the blood of Jesus will cleanse you.  This is how you walk with GOd. No one does it perfect. When you stumble confess right away. We are righteous to God because of Jesus sacrifice . Not because of our works. Our works are because he gave us a new life in christ.

• Praying! 1