• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,641
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Wow, such a fun evening at the First Baptist Church at Ocala, Florida! Spent the evening with Bill, Bill Gaither and a few of his friends, as we all praised God together for three hours at Ocala Florida. Such fun to worship.Thank God for giving us such a talented dedicated man. And the musicians, they were really on fire with the Spirit as was the entirety of those in attendance.

Quite the nice church too!   We were so fortunate to be front and center just seven rows back. Close enough to have an intimate feeling just far enough back to feel the involvement of those in attendance.

Just got back home in time to go to the hit-a-thon and little league game. Grandpa is going to be tired pretty quick.

It is just so fine to worship with others at a local body of Christ, an evening of worship music is a real treat in this life of hardships and easy laments. It was so upbeat and encouraging, hard to state what it means and feels like. Except to say  - There is joy in worship, much joy.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

God is so good to lift us when we really need His touch and encouragement.  And there is nothing like praise and worship to lift us above our troubles and help us to see it all from His perspective.  He loves us all so deeply and has foreseen it all.   Praise God for blessing you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  7

My dad would have loved to have been there. A while ago they were selling some Bill Gaither DVDs at the library, I got them for my dad so he could enjoy it.

I love how music can come back and remind us of important truths and encourage us.

God bless :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, Neighbor said:

an evening of worship music is a real treat in this life of hardships and easy laments.

Learn to play an instrument, I didn't until I was 36, I've been playing hymns on the harmonica now 21 years, I almost always play on church steps during the week, it's another way of giving something, you can learn to read music on youtube free.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,641
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Learn to play an instrument, I didn't until I was 36, I've been playing hymns on the harmonica now 21 years, I almost always play on church steps during the week, it's another way of giving something, you can learn to read music on youtube free.

Oh would I love to do that.   But to give you an idea why it hasn't happened yet, though I have worked at trying to play bass guitar, my American Sign Language handle was "Stonefingers".

And that was long  ago before arthritis and finger injury took it's toll. None the less it is a great idea! Thanks Harmonica eh? Wow that reads like it is fun stuff!

• Thumbs Up 1