GreyDestiny

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

This is more of an opinion piece, as i'm sure we all have different ideas of what it means to a Christian, but I figured i'd share my thoughts.

I was talking with a woman a while ago. We were talking about how crazy this world has become and that somehow changed into her talking about how she did not feel like a Christian. She believed that to be a Christian was to be "Christ-like," and that because she regarded herself as not being all that good, she didn't really think she could really call herself a Christian.

To me, to be a Christian is not to be Christ-like, it is the pursuit to be Christ-like. All of us, each of us but men, are nowhere near the Lord's level. We must be able to look inside ourselves and whilst we see the inherent evil therein, we must also see the inherent good. We must engage in inner turmoil, placing the good above the evil, and asking the Lord for forgiveness whenever evil happens to overcome weak, frail things such as we. We must repent of our sins, lest we be lost in them, lest they consume us. We must take joy in the Lord and all that which is good. We will never be perfect in this lifetime, we will always fall short and there will always be room for improvement... But the seeking of that improvement is what it means to be a Christian, I feel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Within that verse is pronounced ineptitude into full reliance upon Jesus

[4] For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

The narrow path is reliance upon Christ alone as we allow His Word through His Power in The Person of The Holy Spirit to bring submission through mind, will and emotions that very same Word... it is as Jesus was the Living Word so now we are becoming same...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, GreyDestiny said:

. We must repent of our sins

I believe all we are to do to be Christ like is follow his example of love.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,383
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Being a Christian is nothing else than living unto God in the power of Christ as He lives in us.

Nothing unites us to Christ or to one another but His Holy Spirit dwelling and working inwardly and outwardly in us as it did in Him.

Edited by Albert Finch