IGNORED

HOLINESS (Positional holiness is not a substitute for practical holiness)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

40 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Do you mean, 'how can a person who has taken Jesus as their savior turn around and save themselves? Good question.

This is all a strawman. I never said He doesn't warn unsaved people or saved people.

ditto..above.

You did not answer the questions.

Just now, Yowm said:

Neither did you answer my original question...

'how can a person who has taken Jesus as their savior turn around and save themselves?'

That question makes no sense. If you're not faithful to Jesus after taking Him as your Savior, you're not going to stay in Him. And you have to actually be in Him in order to remain in Him. (I explained this thoroughly in a previous response to you.)

Only God can give a Christian the correct understanding of this truth; it's as plain as He makes it understood and as confusing and apparently contradictory as He does not. But it is indeed correct and not a false teaching. You don't have to answer my questions. But hopefully others will consider them, and take to heart what I have explained.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

'how can a person who has taken Jesus as their savior turn around and save themselves?'

Sure it makes all the sense in the world when you consider the fact that HE is our Saviour and not WE. He is committed to lose none of His Sheep. We don't start off being saved and then become our own Saviors.

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
(Php 1:6)

Again, this was explained in a previous post. All the Scripture in the New Testament can't make someone understand something God hasn't given him the understanding of. It's not because this truth is not there (it's all through the NT), or because it's not correct, that many Christians do not grasp it, but because the Holy Spirit hasn't given them the understanding of it. I'm not being proud in any way in saying this, just stating a fact. Nor am I confused or deceived about this. Don't believe that a Christian can't do anything to forfeit or lose his or her salvation, because it's not true---no matter how many Christians think it is, and that that is what the Bible teaches. It's not. And there's no benefit in winning a debate if you're wrong. Winning the debate won't change the truth.

That's all I'm going to say about this. May God give understanding to those who need it concerning this truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

And why would He tell unsaved people who are already naked and have no garment to keep on garments that they do not have? The garment is Him. This is for Christians.

Again, to exhort those who are in the faith. It is the Spirit who works in every believer.

"for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." - Philippians 2:13

And it is not a burden to any born again believer to do what He commanded them to.

"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith." - 1 John 5:3-4

1 hour ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

Only people whose names are in the book of life (sheep) can have them blotted out of it.

The gifts of the Lord, when He gives it, is without repentance from His part. In this case, the gift of the Holy Spirit once the Lord gives to the repentant believer.

"For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable." - Romans 11:29

No people that received this gift will have their names blotted out of the Book of Life.

"He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life;
    but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels." - Revelation 3:5

The Lord will not give His glory to another; without His Spirit none of us can overcome.

"I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images." - Isaiah 42:8

People talk about free will, your free will is still there... You can choose light or darkness, Jesus or Satan.

And once you have chosen, there is no way back. Or it is eternal life, or eternal death.

"For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." - 1 Corinthians 6:20

The problem is that many people will not take the gift of eternal life, because they loved darkness rather than light.

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
    For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." - James 1:6-8

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

13 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

The Lord will not give His glory to another; without His Spirit none of us can overcome.

"I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images." - Isaiah 42:8

That is, without His Spirit we cannot overcome and with His Spirit we cannot fail.

"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them." - Ezekiel 36:27

"bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:7-8

And we cannot receive His Spirit if we ask in doubt.

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
    For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;" - James 1:6-7

And in the same way those who choose the other side with no doubt, there is no way back.

"Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter;
    but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation" - Mark 3:28-29

@LightShinesInTheDarkness

Please, how much do you agree?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Neither did you answer my original question...

Save yourselves from this untoward generation .     , they have to remain simply in the ONE who did the saving

and must always heed his voice for He will guide us  and teach us to walk in His way .   But if one stops heeding the voice , their end is not good.

For better is it to have never known Him , than to have known him and turn from Him.    All I am saying IS HEED the ONE WHO SAVED US to the end .

For it is HE in us that will unction us and give us the ability to do so.    But all that he warned about that can choke the word out of one

can happen.   IF we heed The SHEPARD we will not fall away .    But those who heed not his voice , refuse correction will not make it .

So let us encourage one another to die daily , to be focused on HIM , to be focused on His pattern , His sayings ,   on the pattern the very apostels taught .

Let us not heed anything that contradicts that .    Let us exhort daily  , lest any does become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .

Let us praise Him and be ever thankful unto Him and learn of Him and grow and bear good fruit .    

• Praise God! 1

14 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Save yourselves from this untoward generation .     , they have to remain simply in the ONE who did the saving

and must always heed his voice for He will guide us  and teach us to walk in His way .   But if one stops heeding the voice , their end is not good.

For better is it to have never known Him , than to have known him and turn from Him.    All I am saying IS HEED the ONE WHO SAVED US to the end .

For it is HE in us that will unction us and give us the ability to do so.    But all that he warned about that can choke the word out of one

can happen.   IF we heed The SHEPARD we will not fall away .    But those who heed not his voice , refuse correction will not make it .

So let us encourage one another to die daily , to be focused on HIM , to be focused on His pattern , His sayings ,   on the pattern the very apostels taught .

Let us not heed anything that contradicts that .    Let us exhort daily  , lest any does become hardened through the deceitfulness of sin .

Let us praise Him and be ever thankful unto Him and learn of Him and grow and bear good fruit .    

Amen.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

That is, without His Spirit we cannot overcome and with His Spirit we cannot fail.

"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them." - Ezekiel 36:27

"bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:7-8

For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;" - James 1:6-7

And in the same way those who choose the other side with no doubt, there is no way back.

"Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter;
    but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation" - Mark 3:28-29

Onward in the Lord peoples .      Raise those hands with thanksgiving unto the Lord .     Let us come bodly into the throne of grace and we will find grace

to always help us in all times .    The LORD is our provider and will not leave us in any trial or temptation that he will not also give us the way out

that we can overcome all things by our faith in Him.    Rise up peoples and praise the Lord , the guardian of our souls , the giver of life which is found IN CHRIST .

Raise up the shields of faith and be battle ready , for He is with us and in Him and by Him we shall overcome and do overcome and have overcome .  SING IT PEOPLES

Let none look to the right hand or the left,  but soley trust in HE alone and HE is our guide and will lead us always in the LIGHT , FOR HE IS THE LIGHT .

Be on guard for many false and vain ones have long arisen within and feed off the flesh and lusts and use grace as a covering for their lustful hearts desires .

They will increase in number and their agenda will spread wild through a false unity and many will fall fall away under this guise .

Our unity is with TRUTH and those who follow HIM in spirit and truth.    and we will by grace use His pattern for all things .    FORWARD MARCH PEOPLES . 

51 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I'm weary of the subject, brother. I've done my best to explain it, as I said to Yowm, and really don't have any more to say about it than what I have already said. It's not in my power to make plain to someone what God does not make plain to him or her. All I can do is repeat the Scriptures and pray that He shows people who don't understand them what they mean. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

(Christians who don't think they have to obey the Lord and who don't want to obey Him may accuse those who insist upon obedience to Him of being proud, self-righteous and judgmental, and of preaching salvation by works and a mean and angry God.)

Ain't that the truth.