• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

other newer transaltions ,  and I found they omitted , twisted things .   That is the problem I have .     I said SOME I did not say ALL.

Because I was not raised in church and did not have a dog in the hunt, regarding which was best, I was able to study with an open mind. What I found was not that other versions twisted meaning or left stuff out. Rather, they were different than the KJV. But I also learned they were translated from more complete information that was not available when the KJV was compiled, but that evidence is strong that over-zealous scribes added their own words to "help clarify" in the KJV. 

So I look at the KJV kinda like I look at an early 20th century dictionary. When you find one, look up "computer". It's in there.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I'm a big fan of Graham. That's just a minor annoyance. :)

My mother tongue IS English. 20th century English. I suppose if I was raised in a church that was KJV only, I'd feel differently. I became a Christian at age 27. I'm married to no Christian traditions other than those actually in the bible.

If you attend most fundamental Baptist Churches, you would find that they use the KJV.  Also they use the old hymn books that contains those languages.  After years of attending you just get use to the words and their meaning.   Well at least the ones that I have attended.   The Pentecostals would use the NIV mostly and so each has their preferences.    Accuracy and the rest I leave that up to the theologians to trash out and I try to listen to their comments and see what makes sense and what does not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

58 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Isaiah 1 King James Version (KJV)

Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.

Woe to the sinful nation, a people whose guilt is great,a brood of evildoers,   children given to corruption! They have forsaken the Lord;  they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him. Isaiah 1:4 NIV

59 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.

Why should you be beaten anymore?    Why do you persist in rebellion?Your whole head is injured,    your whole heart afflicted. Isaiah 1:5 NIV

Just now, LadyKay said:

Thou go forth to burger king and receiveth thy cheeseburger. :happyhappy:

Funny, your post is.:)

13 minutes ago, LadyKay said:
  1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

Isaiah 1 King James Version (KJV)

Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.

Woe to the sinful nation, a people whose guilt is great,a brood of evildoers,   children given to corruption! They have forsaken the Lord;  they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him. Isaiah 1:4 NIV

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.

Why should you be beaten anymore?    Why do you persist in rebellion?Your whole head is injured,    your whole heart afflicted. Isaiah 1:5 NIV

I can understand both equally well.  However, the critics of Bible versions would point out the nitty gritty of verses mistranslated and omitted, which is a whole other subject by itself and which i don't get into.

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 1

edited.....

47 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

If you attend most fundamental Baptist Churches, you would find that they use the KJV.  Also they use the old hymn books that contains those languages.  After years of attending you just get use to the words and their meaning.   Well at least the ones that I have attended.   The Pentecostals would use the NIV mostly and so each has their preferences.    Accuracy and the rest I leave that up to the theologians to trash out and I try to listen to their comments and see what makes sense and what does not. 

When I became a Christian, I started attending an AG church for 18 years. Then the divorce forced me to change. I went to "Christian", pseudo-baptist, non-denominational and foursquare. Changing churches each time I moved (I was an IT contractor in the Seattle area and moved when I changed contracts)

Seven years ago I moved to rural KY and a couple years later joined a southern gospel band that tours all the small Baptist churches around here (millions of 'em). THAT was a real eye opener. If I hear one more fire breathing sermon on the pain and suffering of the fires of hell, I'll off myself - if only to prove it's wrong. (jk)

But yeah, they were all KJV only.

The first church we attended here in KY was one of those churches. The first time they asked me to read out loud, I read straight from my trusty NIV. Only later did I understand why I got the looks I did from everyone. And then never asked me to read again.:)

27 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

The first church we attended here in KY was one of those churches. The first time they asked me to read out loud, I read straight from my trusty NIV. Only later did I understand why I got the looks I did from everyone. And then never asked me to read again.:)

Your my hero! :rofl:

Those who have trouble with reading the KJV, would also have trouble reading the writings of the Puritans, which in IMO, are some of the best written christian literature.  Also reading the KJV helps you to sharpen or expand your vocabulary and maybe engage in some parallel comparisons to get a broader view on some topics, verses and chapters ect.    Bible students would surely have a parallel online Bible software that can quickly compare.

Here is one.

http://www.biblecc.com/

Edited by warrior12

1 hour ago, Abby-Joy said:

I never had an issue understanding it since it is Holy Spirit who inspired the Word of God in the first place and Holy Spirit is who quickens our understanding. 

Just a something to think upon. Wouldn't a comment like this cause someone to feel that they are not saved if they are having trouble reading a KJV Bible?  Like I said, just something to think about.