• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

Are we moving away from God?

So many different denominations! Different beliefs. Different ideas. Different Biblical interpretations.

I am not wanting to start a war here on which denomination is the right one. Lets leave that right here. This is not what i am interested in.

We have the Bible. "The Word of God". Written by men, inspired by God.

Religion has caused more wars than anything else. Not God, no. Man! Why cant we all love God together? Forget the nitty gritty of our 'beliefs'. Unite as one in our love of God.

I think, believe, that we are all moving away from God. We are not acting as God wanted. 'Religion' has taken over. God has been pushed to one side in sake of who knows best. Who can interpret scripture the best. Who can determine end times best. Its all wrong.

A Buddhist friend of mine said that 90% of the world does not truly know God. God is within us. God is around us. God is love and mercy. He is not in a building. He is not in a book. He is in our hearts and souls.

Since the time of Jesus things have slowly got skewed. The true message has got lost. Works has been forgotten. We need to do Gods work here and now.

Look at all the millions that have died because of religion. Where have we gone wrong?

I am hoping i can find the right way. How? Not 100% sure. I think that religion today is all messed up. We need to get back to the beginning of Christianity. 

So many different churches etc. So much confusion. Does the Bible contain what we need to follow God. I think some yes. But, we need to be more open to God from deep within too.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,682
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, Goldie said:

So many different denominations! Different beliefs. Different ideas. Different Biblical interpretations.

I am not wanting to start a war here on which denomination is the right one. Lets leave that right here. This is not what i am interested in.

Religion has caused more wars than anything else. Not God, no. Man! Why cant we all love God together? Forget the nitty gritty of our 'beliefs'. Unite as one in our love of God.

I think, believe, that we are all moving away from God. We are not acting as God wanted. 'Religion' has taken over. God has been pushed to one side in sake of who knows best. Who can interpret scripture the best. Who can determine end times best. Its all wrong.

A Buddhist friend of mine said that 90% of the world does not truly know God. God is within us. God is around us. God is love and mercy. He is not in a building. He is not in a book. He is in our hearts and souls.

Since the time of Jesus things have slowly got skewed. The true message has got lost. Works has been forgotten. We need to do Gods work here and now.

Look at all the millions that have died because of religion. Where have we gone wrong?

I am hoping i can find the right way. How? Not 100% sure. I think that religion today is all messed up. We need to get back to the beginning of Christianity. 

So many different churches etc. So much confusion. Does the Bible contain what we need to follow God. I think some yes. But, we need to be more open to God from deep within too. And actually God is in a building if an dwhen the saints in Christ jesus gather for corporate worship.

Are we moving away? I'm not. So no "we" aren't.

How many different churches are mentioned in the Bible? How many differing doctrines at those churches are discussed?

How many disciples mentioned that had to go to the local bodies of Christ to deal with  individual problems of those separate church bodies?

Your Buddhist friend is in serious error. God is not within "us". God the Holy Spirit indwells the saints in Christ Jesus as the comforter left  here by jesus so that we may  endure until He returns. 

God is in a building however, when God the Holy Spirit is among two or three gathered together for worship prayer praise and learning, if that gathering may be in a building, but the building itself is not to be worshipped nor are any  icons, altars, nor any idols. God does not reside in a seated Buddha statue for instance.

Plus God is a jealous God. His wrath is mighty against those that  place another god above him or split affinity between another god and Himself. 

If things were skewed they were skewed before Jesus manifested as Christ to an unbelieving world. For the world has been askew since at least the time Cain walked on earth and before that even  since Eve was deceived, and before that  when Lucifer's pride rose up.

The plan of God  has been known to God since before the beginning of creation. God is sovereign throughout all time,  from time before time through  time after time for eternity. 

There is no reason to be worried about conditions, for every day, is a day closer to the return of God the Son to gather all the saints from destruction to come for all of creation. God's mercy and grace is coming.

It does seem to be the time of the signs. How wonderful that is, time to eagerly share of the soon coming of our Lord, not a time to be in dispair at all. Rejoice rejoice rejoice!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Goldie said:

So many different churches etc. So much confusion. Does the Bible contain what we need to follow God. I think some yes. But, we need to be more open to God from deep within too.

God is only in us through Christ His Son.......IF we receive Him.  No man can come to the Father except by Him (Jesus)  He is the only way and truth and life.  There is no other name under heaven by which man can be saved.  He is not in those who reject Him, who reject Christ. 

The reason for all the differences and disagreements is simple......it is because of flesh and carnal mind.  It is only through the mind of Christ by His Spirit that we can have agreement and be in one accord.  Otherwise there are always twice as many opinions as there are people....because Satan's kingdom is divided against itself.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,268
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

God created the world. God created/inspired scripture. God, in His word to us said to expect what is happening, wars and rumors of wars, brother against sister, the world would hate those that love God.

"Look at all the millions that have died because of religion"    TRUE! Religion is of man, worldly.

But, Christianity is NOT religion. Jas_1:27  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

One do not have to move away from God Goldie, but you do have to be a child of God, and He will keep you close.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Junior Member

I didnt say we had to move away from God. I said i believe we are all moving away from God because of what is happening.

I believe, the kingdom of God is within us. God is in everyone. We are His creation. He gave us all souls. Each one of us are His sons and daughters.

A building does not contain God. We contain God. Jesus came and conquered. We do not need a building to be with God. God is everywhere!

Religion has a lot to answer for. I am sure Christianity, as it stands today, is not how Jesus wanted it. All the bickering, fighting, different forms of worship, money and riches (not just the CC) wars of religion.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, Goldie said:

I didnt say we had to move away from God. I said i believe we are all moving away from God because of what is happening.

I believe, the kingdom of God is within us. God is in everyone. We are His creation. He gave us all souls. Each one of us are His sons and daughters.

A building does not contain God. We contain God. Jesus came and conquered. We do not need a building to be with God. God is everywhere!

Religion has a lot to answer for. I am sure Christianity, as it stands today, is not how Jesus wanted it. All the bickering, fighting, different forms of worship, money and riches (not just the CC) wars of religion.

To those in CHRIST alone gave he the right to be sons and daughters .     All else is just his creation and dead .   the walking dead .

All other religons are dead and all who are in them are the dead .    You see,  I am watching a big time wrong version of unity getting pushed into the churches

as well as other religons .   and in essence it is saying and playing on sensual emotions to have all just come together with good works

not doctrine ,   not Jesus only ,  not being holy , just a gathering and this is a false one .   

Put an old dogs mind at ease and tell me you don't believe buddists and muslims , or atheists are saved in that mindset .

And it don't matter if atheists, buddists , muslims , lukewarm christains are all gathering and doing good works .  That is not evidence of the HOLY SPIRIT

at work in them.    NO confession as JESUS as ONLY savoir and their is NO HOLY SPIRIT at work in them.    Cause the HOLY SPIRIT bears witness THAT JESUS is the only savoir

and all other ways or mindsets are vanity .     Can ya put an old dogs mind at ease and agree with that .    cause as  I said ,   a nasty delusion is at work

it focuses on good works , but  not on JESUS as the only way a soul can be saved .   and works save none .   ONLY JESUS can and if one denies HIM in mouth or heart

they aint Got no hope ,   and GOD is not with them either .  

• This is Worthy 1

Guest BacKaran

What does the Bible say? 
Jesus is returning for His Kingdom. His kingdom is NOT of this world. 
His Children are the Chosen elect who confess Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Many will fall away because the Gospel message is toooo simple, they “feel” they “must do” something for god but that’s not what the Bible says.
God loved us before we were born and His purpose was love and that we should love and give glory to Him and Him only.
He does say Hes a jealous God.

Pantheism is the belief that god is in everyone or everything.
That’s why theres a push for the one world religion, everyone will coexist and sing kumbyjah....is that what the Bible says?
No, there will be tribulation such as the world has never seen and many will run to the rocks in fear when the great and terrible day of the Lord has come. 
Pray to the Holy Spirit for discernment as the devil is everywhere, crouching and just waiting to devour you.
Know God then know His peace

No god and know no peace.

8 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

To those in CHRIST alone gave he the right to be sons and daughters .     All else is just his creation and dead .   the walking dead .

All other religons are dead and all who are in them are the dead .    You see,  I am watching a big time wrong version of unity getting pushed into the churches

as well as other religons .   and in essence it is saying and playing on sensual emotions to have all just come together with good works

not doctrine ,   not Jesus only ,  not being holy , just a gathering and this is a false one .   

Put an old dogs mind at ease and tell me you don't believe buddists and muslims , or atheists are saved in that mindset .

And it don't matter if atheists, buddists , muslims , lukewarm christains are all gathering and doing good works .  That is not evidence of the HOLY SPIRIT

at work in them.    NO confession as JESUS as ONLY savoir and their is NO HOLY SPIRIT at work in them.    Cause the HOLY SPIRIT bears witness THAT JESUS is the only savoir

and all other ways or mindsets are vanity .     Can ya put an old dogs mind at ease and agree with that .    cause as  I said ,   a nasty delusion is at work

it focuses on good works , but  not on JESUS as the only way a soul can be saved .   and works save none .   ONLY JESUS can and if one denies HIM in mouth or heart

they aint Got no hope ,   and GOD is not with them either .  

Faith without works is dead. 

Yes, we have to believe in Jesus. We have to have faith. Jesus showed us how. He did good works.

God is within everyone. All His creation. God loves EVERYONE. He wants us all to go to Him, to worship Him, to love Him. We, are his abode. He wants us all to call on Him. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

Love your neighbour as yourself. God loves us all. Buddhists, Muslims, Atheists. We are the ones who give titles to people. God doesnt. God wants all of His children to come to him. God is mercy.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

What does the Bible say? 
Jesus is returning for His Kingdom. His kingdom is NOT of this world. 
His Children are the Chosen elect who confess Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Many will fall away because the Gospel message is toooo simple, they “feel” they “must do” something for god but that’s not what the Bible says.
God loved us before we were born and His purpose was love and that we should love and give glory to Him and Him only.
He does say Hes a jealous God.

Pantheism is the belief that god is in everyone or everything.
That’s why theres a push for the one world religion, everyone will coexist and sing kumbyjah....is that what the Bible says?
No, there will be tribulation such as the world has never seen and many will run to the rocks in fear when the great and terrible day of the Lord has come. 
Pray to the Holy Spirit for discernment as the devil is everywhere, crouching and just waiting to devour you.
Know God then know His peace

No god and know no peace.

Now that had to get read again.

12 minutes ago, Yowm said:

We may be all His creation and He gave each of us souls,but do you have any scripture for the rest of your assertions (in red)?

It all comes down to scripture. Books in the Bible. Many were left out. They say because they werent inspired. Maybe they are?

Gospel of St Thomas is an example. In that it states that the kingdom of God is within us. Lift a stone and God is there etc. We dont need scripture to tell us that! God is everywhere! He created us, the earth, the Solar system.