• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Giller said:

So....how? What spiritual exercises can one do to actually walk totally pleasing to God in this world? How does one purify their thought life? What technique do we use to die to self so that we can love God with ALL of our hearts? I await your thoughts, no matter which camp you currently reside in. 

These verses come to mind:

From new moon to new moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, declares the LORD.  Isaiah 66:21-23

And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.  Zechariah 14:16

"Give attention to me, my people, and give ear to me, my nation; for a law will go out from me, and I will set my justice for a light to the peoples.

My righteousness draws near, my salvation has gone out, and my arms will judge the peoples; the coastlands hope for me, and for my arm they wait.

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look at the earth beneath; for the heavens vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment, and they who dwell in it will die in like manner; but my salvation will be forever, and my righteousness will never be dismayed.

"Listen to me, you who know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear not the reproach of man, nor be dismayed at their revilings.

For the moth will eat them up like a garment, and the worm will eat them like wool; but my righteousness will be forever, and my salvation to all generations."   Isaiah 51:4-8

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

This is my conclusion remarks to this thread. As I live in my redeemed state and roam this world, I am thankful that I can go about living knowing that my sins are forgiven and also a price was paid for it at the cross.  The new life  came with instructions on how to walk upright and go in the straight and narrow pathways.  I see that I cannot avoid every temptation that comes hurtling at me, as I put up that shield that blocks the fiery darts.  When my heart convicts me of things that is not in line with what is taught in the word, then I know the knees must bend to the one who forgives.  

What I pray earnestly for, is  that my faith does not subside, but indeed is increased as I see it as the pinnacle of my salvation and without it , I would be totally lost.  Be assured, a believer faith would be tested, and I can only speak of my walk, that it can be excruciating as Abraham called to give up his only son.   Only a couple weeks ago, I thought  I would be no more here on this earth and I praise God for his mercy.  

Without faith it is impossible to please God.  

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

35 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Yes,

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Should we neglect the other truths put forth in Scripture, just to hold on to one, such as...

-the imputed righteousness of Christ?

-our being not only filled but also sealed with the Holy Spirit?

-our being seated even now in heavenly places?

-the fact that we now have eternal life and have passed through judgment?

-our privilege of access to the throne of grace through the blood of Jesus?

...and so many others. 

Absolutely not, no one has ever suggested that in the slightest. All that has been said is something that no man can teach you. It has to be seen inwardly. It is something that the Holy Spirit Himself has to open up in the life of a believer. All that is being brought forth is the truth that it is real and exists. And to encourage other believers to realize it exists and than to go to God themselves and ask and see for themselves the truth and reality of it. Just go to God yourself and ask. That’s all that being asked of you. But in the end it’s only those that find and feel the utter depravity of themselves, that will see the necessity of it in their innnermost being. When they are brought to that point, they will than cry out to God like Paul did,  when he cried out”oh wretched man that I am who will deliver me from the body of this death”, than they will see that a deeper relationship with Christ exists,  and than the scripture that says “I have been crucified with Christ it is no longer I that live, but Christ that live in me”  takes on a whole deeper meaning and becomes real in the life of the believer and becomes they're life, as they hunger and thirst after a deeper relationship with Christ. All that’s being said is, that this deeper relationship exists, and to encourage others to seek for it themselves. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I know God. And he knows me. Praise his high name.

Blessed is this “knowing”.  Just keep this “knowing” growing and as scripture says “you will need no man to teach you anything , for the Spirit Himself teaches you all things”

6 hours ago, warrior12 said:

This is my conclusion remarks to this thread. As I live in my redeemed state and roam this world, I am thankful that I can go about living knowing that my sins are forgiven and also a price was paid for it at the cross.  The new life  came with instructions on how to walk upright and go in the straight and narrow pathways.  I see that I cannot avoid every temptation that comes hurtling at me, as I put up that shield that blocks the fiery darts.  When my heart convicts me of things that is not in line with what is taught in the word, then I know the knees must bend to the one who forgives.  

What I pray earnestly for, is  that my faith does not subside, but indeed is increased as I see it as the pinnacle of my salvation and without it , I would be totally lost.  Be assured, a believer faith would be tested, and I can only speak of my walk, that it can be excruciating as Abraham giving up his son.   Only a couple weeks ago, I though  I would be no more here on this earth and I praise God for his mercy.  

You are being innerward directed and you are on your course. Not sure you want encouragement from me but to point one to Christ is always a good thing. 

4 hours ago, Not me said:

You are being innerward directed and you are on your course. Not sure you want encouragement from me but to point one to Christ is always a good thing. 

Please explain what you mean by "innerward directed" ?.     There are lots of advice and situations being presented on this forum and you can participate just like any other with your contribution.  Encouragement to press on with the faith and to stay on the straight and narrow pathways is always welcomed by myself, but hearsay and conjectures  has to be weighted with utmost caution.  Thanks for your thoughts though.

You know. When one offers up prayer , I sure hope they mean what they say and is sure of whom they are calling upon. I point my prayers  to Jesus Christ, whom has said no man can come to the father, but through me [Jesus].  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Not me said:

I see that I cannot avoid every temptation that comes hurtling at me, as I put up that shield that blocks the fiery darts.

For everyone IS tempted by the evil flesh we live in .     But let the story not end their .     FOR we have  a great high priest in the heavens

who was tempted in all points , YET without SIN and HE is able to succor, give aide to overcome it ,   us through every temptation.

That GOD indeed does give us a way out ,   and the way out IS IN THE SON .  That if we heed The SPIRIT we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Let one never teach a sermon that ever once allows one to feel as though the they are a slave to sin, but rather THAT in JESUS CHRIST alone

all things are possible to he or she WHO believes .    The thing today is that while most teach some truth , by admitting that we , our flesh ,  is wicked evil

they stop short and say THUS we cannot overcome its evils,  but a deadly snare this is .    Instead POINT to the ONE who by HIS SPIRIT

by our faith IN HIM , WHO SAID WHO EVER Believes in me shall know the TRUTH and the truth shall make them FREE.

And this too is why its very necessary to be grave against error .    NOW ONWARD into the trenches shall the people go,  having no fear

of man ,  having no give up attitude,   FOR GOD is with those who are HIS and IN HIM, by the SPIRIT through our faith in HIM and HE ALONE

all things are possible to he or she who believes .    FORWARD march .  

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

For everyone IS tempted by the evil flesh we live in .     But let the story not end their .     FOR we have  a great high priest in the heavens

who was tempted in all points , YET without SIN and HE is able to succor, give aide to overcome it ,   us through every temptation.

That GOD indeed does give us a way out ,   and the way out IS IN THE SON .  That if we heed The SPIRIT we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Let one never teach a sermon that ever once allows one to feel as though the they are a slave to sin, but rather THAT in JESUS CHRIST alone

all things are possible to he or she WHO believes .    The thing today is that while most teach some truth , by admitting that we , our flesh ,  is wicked evil

You know what.  You are correct in that it is written in scripture that we have our great high priest to help us to overcome.  Maybe I am not that yet sanctified like others have that I fail at times to overcome some situations. Some can take this to mean or imagine what sins or temptation I am speaking off and  that is up to them.  What I do know though, is that in this world with all that surrounds me, there would be moments that we do err.  If any man says that he never sins, then at the end of the day, he has to go through his entire day and check if every thing he did was exactly right.  Sin is sin, though there may be greater and lesser sin.  

And then also, there is no need when a man pray , to ask for any forgiveness as he has done no wrong.  So the man who is living a holy life would not utter those words then.   Then you see how easily self righteousness can beset one and pride can set in subtly.  The word of God is not to lead a man into erroneous  but to convict and prick us to abide in the way of the word.  Until I actually gained that sinless state then I have to speak the  truth as to my situation on earth here.  To does who have arrived at full maturity and is without sin, all the glory be to him and must thank God for his favor, but he must not forget that he has to always speak the truth too.

How does this  go again.

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Here is a sermon on Sanctification by R.C Sproul

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1122131517590

Edited by warrior12

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Guys, I wanted to try to sum up exactly what I think the problem is. You may embrace it, reject it, or ignore it, it is all up to each one reading these words, and is between you and the Lord. 

I was drawn by the first sentence of Friemduff’s  last post. In it, he said this:

“I see that I cannot avoid every temptation that comes hurtling at me, as I put up that shield that blocks the fiery darts.”

Is this not where most true Christians find themselves? Is this not the classic Romans 7 dilemma? We want to do good. We want to avoid sin. But no matter how we try, some arrows definitely get through.

I think we all believe the Bible is God’s Word, and Paul tells us clearly that we who are His are no more in the flesh and owe it nothing. We are promised that sin shall not have dominion over us, for we have been given shields of faith that will quench all the arrows. ALL.  God promises full and complete victory over the world that tugs at all of us, our flesh that likes on occasion to act up, and the devil who is ultimately behind all of it. 

And if we identify with Frienduff’s statement, rhe  question that first needs to be answered is “Why?”. If those promises are true, and God cannot lie, then what gives? It seems it leaves us with one of two choices. 

1) There is no doubt that we still live in our fleshly bodies, and will so until we meet the Lord and are given new ones. But coupling that with Paul’s statement above, we have a problem for  we are saying that a part of us is still the old nature. Given that we are told very clearly that it is no more we that live, but Christ who liveth  in us, given that we are told that we are dead and and our life is hid with Christ in God, then if this is our position, we have a real conflict we cannot resolve. Jesus tells us clearly that a good tree cannot bear bad fruit. CANNOT. He never tells us to eliminate the bad fruit. He tells us to make our tree good! So we see that this first option simply cannot be true. We cannot be part old nature and part new nature. The whole premise of the black dog and the whites dog fighting within us must be false. 

2) The second option is simply wonderful once a believer gets a hold of it. We all get tempted. None are exempt. But temptation is not sin, is it? Yielding ourselves to it is. And what  does our God tell us about our times of being tempted? He clearly tells us that He will not let any temptation take us that we cannot get through without caving. And moreover, He promises to make a way of escape so that we will be able to bear it. ... without falling.

So, as children of God who have been clearly told we, right now, today, this very second, possess new natures, and that the old us is dead, gone, out of the picture, and our new natures  love righteousness and hate sin, then only one conclusion is left as to why at times arrows get through to us, causing us to do things we hate.

And what is that one thing? Our shield is simply too small! You see, the walk God has for each one of us is a walk of faith, faith that is ever increasing. When we believe that we really are new creatures and finally realize that there is no traitor inside us, no part of us that wants to rebel against our God, then the only way an arrow gets through is for ONE reason.... unbelief. 

If we slip, we no longer resolve to do better next time. We will not. Many, in fact, most of us, battle the same sins over and over, amen? How many times have we resolved to do better the next time, and yet fail again. Could it be that we are  going about this all wrong? 

Look. These facts are carved in stone for every single child of God. 

We died when Christ died. Our old nature is DEAD. 

We rose again to newness of life when Christ was resurrected. Our new nature is who we are NOW

So if these be true, and we have made our trees good by agreeing with these two truths, then the only remaining explanation as to why arrows still find their mark is that our faith is small and needs to grow. Trying harder will not increase our faith. Reasoning that we are only human and we will never really walk in victory in this life will not increase our faith. So if we find ourselves slipping again to sins we hate, what do we do? We repent, of course, and dust ourselves off. We get up, and what do we do? We again declare the truth as to who we are! We immediately grab our shield of faith and hold it up against Satan, confessing who we are and what God has promised us. 

Satan is not after a Christian just sinning. He is after something much bigger, our faith. When we stand fast as to who we are, it is a game changer. We have finally truly entered our “good fight of faith”. We are in the land of promise, having ceased from our own labors, and there are enemies there who must be driven out. Everything we do is to be by faith. We stand by faith. We abide by faith, we overcome by faith. And so, if ... IF, not WHEN, we slip, we confess our sin, we repent of it, and then we correct the real reason why the arrow found its mark. We confess our lack of faith in His  keeping power and ask Him to increase it! And glory to God, He does just that!

As long as we have fleshly bodies, we will have temptations. But we are told, are we not, that we can count it all joy when we fall into diverse temptations? Why? Because the trying of our faith produces GROWTH of our faith! When we first choose to believe, like toddlers learning to walk, we slip and fall... perhaps often. It changes nothing. We are new creatures! And our  Heavenly Father, like a doting parent, urges us to pick ourselves up and go at it again, because He knows we we walk, and then run and falling will be a distant memory..

And what happens each time we mess up and yet refuse to lower our shields? Our shields of protection grow!. And if we continue this long enough, what is the end result? We become “established in the faith” and find we are unshakeable. Can we sin? As long as we are still in these bodies, yes. But WILL we sin? No. We have come to the point we are kept fully by the power of God through faith!

I pray you do not think I am accusing any here of being second class saints. What Cod has showed me is simply because I was far more needful than any here. My sole goal is to expose satan’s lies that have robbed us of the enjoyment of what is rightfully ours... victory over the world, the flesh and the devil.

When we finally consent to agree with God that we really are new natured children, with no Part dark, even if outwardly we do not look or feel new, to our joy and amazement we will discover that combining OUR testimony with the precious blood of our Savior Jesus Christ immediately changes us from Romans 7 saints to Roman 8 saints, and overcoming, our birthright,  becomes our possession., where NO arrows get through. Glory to God! 

Blessings to all, 

Gideon