• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Do you know Gideon face to face or just online?

23 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I believe I already said that reckoning yourself dead to sin, the flesh, the world and the law but alive to Christ is a start... not denying it is real.

Your tone sounds a bit condescending, no worry, God has His ways of humbling our pride. 

I’m sorry you feel that way. No harm was intended, only an increase in Christ. 

My spirit bares witness with the truths that Gideon has been trying to bring forth. But he is not the only one. Can you not sense the life or the lack of life in your fellow believer?  Watchman Nee writes that this is a common thing between believers, that they should be able to tell the spiritual condition of their brothers. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

26 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

All of rom 6 is basic christan teachings. What is wrong is it is inplied that is the way we are saved or justified. We are justified by the blood of jesus. And he also inplies most christians dont aply rom 6 to there life. In the churchs i attended they taught rom 6 and all its truth. Charles Stanley wrote a book on it i read 30 years ago. But being victorioes over sin does not earn us salvation.

Brother, if any thing I have said has made you believe that defeating sin earns our salvation, forgive me, for that is not my point at all. My point is that the victory of which I speak is our birthright and Satan is blinding us to that fact. 

As to whether or not Christians apply Romans 6 to their lives, let me ask a question. We all get tempted at times, amen? Temptatation is not sin. Yielding to it is. So, what if, when Satan shoots one of his flaming arrows at us, tempting us with our Achilles heel sin, and we actually met him with our shield of faith up that the old us actually is dead and we are now new creatures and WILL take the way of escape God has clearly promised, would our lives not be radically different? What prevents us from doing so? Not one thing. 

I have no doubt people read Romans 6 and understand it with their heads, but the question is, is the truth God presents us with, that we are dead and our lives are hid with Christ in God,  met with a heart of faith?  Do we believe it to be true in general, theoretically, or, have we set our face like a flint to not let go of this truth, for it is how we will find real victory. Have we made it OUR truth, right now, today? For when we do, it is a game changer. 

What causes us not to truly believe such a wondrous thing? In my case, part of my problem was that I still had some confidence in my goodness, my resolve, my strength. I had not come to the end, where I truly wanted to walk in victory but realized that I simply had NO ability to do so. It is when we come to the place that we  ONLY believe that the last tumbler in the lock opens and we actually find we can believe that Christ must do EVERYTHING for us. Justification is by faith..... and so is our sanctification. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Gideon said:

My visittion eleven years ago was beyond supernatural. It was no vision. He did not speak to my mind. He appeared n front of me, and He spoke to me audibly. I did not see anything but intense, blinding golden light. I was on my face sobbing. And what He showed me has transformed me totally and continues to do so till this very day

Thank you for your testimony .   This is all between you and the Lord as to the truth of it as obviously no one was there. You do know that there are and have been false prophets that have done great harm to people in the past as in the likes of Jim Jones .  Many do not believe in revelation of such that you have described and it will be up to the reader to make his call as to believing you or not.  

These are your words and as you well know, we all have to give an account for what we say and do here as believers.  So there is not much I can say to your testimony besides that.

I think also, all that you have said about holiness is in the word and believers has to have life application towards their sanctification, whom the Lord assures us that he will help us with the Holy spirit whom he has given to each believer.  When I got saved, some things disappeared immediately and I find myself in a war with supernatural beings who wants me back to the old way.  It continues till today.    

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

10 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Thank you for your testimony .   This is all between you and the Lord as to the truth of it as obviously no one was there. You do know that there are and have been false prophets that have done great harm to people in the past as in the likes of Jim Jones .  Many do not believe in revelation of such that you have described and it will be up to the reader to make his call as to believing you or not.  

These are your words and as you well know, we all have to give an account for what we say and do here as believers.  So there is not much I can say to your testimony besides that.

I think also, all that you have said about holiness is in the word and believers has to have life application towards their sanctification, whom the Lord assures us that he will help us with the Holy spirit whom he has given to each believer.  When I got saved, some things disappeared immediately and I find myself in a war with supernatural beings who wants me back to the old way.  It continues till today.    

I see real wisdom in your response. Thank you for sharing. Isn’t it great to have a personal relationship with Christ? 

much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

I appreciate your words. A lot of wisdom there. I realize there is no way any can know if my description of my visitation is accurate or not. And certainly I do not want any to believe my words simply because I said “God told me...”. 

The question we must first ask ourselves is.... is it scriptural? Does the Bible  promise is victory over the world, the flesh and the devil? Are we promised that God will actually cause us to will and to do of His good pleasure? And if it does, and we are not walking in it, nor seeing other brothers and sisters testify that it is possible, then questions should be asked as to why? God’s promises are ye and amen, and if it comes down to believing what we see as common, or what God clearly promises, may our answer always be “Let God be true and every man a liar.”

The next thing a reader must do is ask themselves, “Is this something I need?” If sin is constantly tripping us up, or we admit a lack of spiritual fruit in our lives, even after years of following the Lord, or if we are tired of empty prayer lives where God seems strangely distant, then a hungry heart, longing to please the Lord but not knowing how, will hopefully give ear to the words themselves. 

The last thing needed is the answer to the question “How do I enter into the rest that remains for the people of God?” We have great instructions as to how to get saved, but the church as a whole has come to believe that defeating sin and walking in holiness is simply our “goal” and not really possible because of our  fallen nature. If this is the case, then the promises of God are hollow ones, and we know that is not the case. 

I am confidant that  if someone asks the Holy Spirit to lead them into all truth, walking in all the a Lord has for them,  and to protect them from error that could hurt them, I am convinced that they will be greatly rewarded. Why? The truth sets people free. 

I fully understand the hesitance here. False prophets will arise and lead many astray.  But this is just satan’s Way of muddying the waters so that when God breathed truth comes forth that will help God’s children walk in the fullness of their inheritance, it will be met with doubt and resistance, rather than with Berean nobility that seeks out the truth as to whether  “these things be so”. That is all I can ask for.

Blessongs, 

Gideon 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Not me said:

As for if Gideon is a prophet or not, as he says, he has no knowledge of that, nor do I. But I can tell you what I see and know and believe to be true. As Scripture says "I believe therefore I speak"

This is a forum for believers to express their faith and  testimony .   The world reads and listens, and so is the Lord of heaven.   Every man actions and accounts are recorded and the books would be opened on that day.   What else can I say, except that believers has to pray for discernment, test the spirits and know on whom their [ believer ]foundation is built on, I pray it is the solid rock.  

We have to remember on  that day, there will be no one to hold your hand and speak for you.  We also know of the many doctrines that men claim that they have given revelation from the Lord, as in Joseph Smith and such.  How one decides to live his life of faith and belief is on his personal walk and spiritual journey that is before him.  One has to be in the word and like the Psalmist said in Psalm 1, meditate on the word night and day.    

Many have fallen to men with charismatic charm, who can speak eloquently and capture the audience of  men.  So much care and wisdom has to be applied even to the most learned men as satan is the master craftsman.   All doctrines and statements must be scrutinized and tested as to the word. If it does not match up, then it has to be discarded.

I have stated many times on this forum, that I have been in many battles with spiritual entities. It is a difficult thing to explain in writing and as I use the analogy, it is like describing a dream to someone. You know exactly what the dream is and have all the details, now try telling that to someone else.  So I don't except my entrusted sibling who is a believer. She tries to understand, but as I have come to  the conclusion,  that these things are for my walk and I have no revelation from the Lord as to what it is all about, except for what scripture says about spiritual warfare. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

59 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, if any thing I have said has made you believe that defeating sin earns our salvation, forgive me, for that is not my point at all. My point is that the victory of which I speak is our birthright and Satan is blinding us to that fact. 

As to whether or not Christians apply Romans 6 to their lives, let me ask a question. We all get tempted at times, amen? Temptatation is not sin. Yielding to it is. So, what if, when Satan shoots one of his flaming arrows at us, tempting us with our Achilles heel sin, and we actually met him with our shield of faith up that the old us actually is dead and we are now new creatures and WILL take the way of escape God has clearly promised, would our lives not be radically different? What prevents us from doing so? Not one thing. 

I have no doubt people read Romans 6 and understand it with their heads, but the question is, is the truth God presents us with, that we are dead and our lives are hid with Christ in God,  met with a heart of faith?  Do we believe it to be true in general, theoretically, or, have we set our face like a flint to not let go of this truth, for it is how we will find real victory. Have we made it OUR truth, right now, today? For when we do, it is a game changer. 

What causes us not to truly believe such a wondrous thing? In my case, part of my problem was that I still had some confidence in my goodness, my resolve, my strength. I had not come to the end, where I truly wanted to walk in victory but realized that I simply had NO ability to do so. It is when we come to the place that we  ONLY believe that the last tumbler in the lock opens and we actually find we can believe that Christ must do EVERYTHING for us. Justification is by faith..... and so is our sanctification. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Satan is not blinding christians . He blinds the world lest they believe in the gospel. If we are born again we are no longer blind. But must put the armour of God on

• This is Worthy 1

10 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Satan is not blinding christians . He blinds the world lest they believe in the gospel. If we are born again we are no longer blind. But must put the armour of God on

Jesus spoke to Christians in the church of Laodecia, telling them this:

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:14-19 

we are not to be ignorant of Satan’s devices. Sin can harden our hearts to the point that we cannot believe truth, even when staring at it. Each must decide if what is being shared is true, but as to whether a Christian can be blinded to the truth, scripture plainly teaches it is indeed a possibility. 

Blessings,

Gideon

13 minutes ago, Davida said:

So you did not answer Yowm's question.  Do you know Gideon face to face or just online? 

I will be glad to answer that. We have never had the pleasure of meeting, nor even of talking by phone. He came to his understanding through God’s dealing with Him, previous to our even seeing one another on the Forum setting. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

13 minutes ago, Davida said:

Can you explain what you mean by "getting into the promised land? "

I will be glad to. I want to say that what happened in the Old Testament was often a shadow or type of what is true for us today. The brazen serpent is a good example of this. In the same way, the whole story of the exodus from Egypt is a picture of what we are now experiencing. 

The Israelites left the bondage in Egypt just as we left death and got saved by the blood of the lamb. They had to cross the wilderness and the journey should have been about three weeks. But when they arrived at the border and sent in spies to see what they were facing, their unbelief that God could actually give them the land when it seemed impossible to their minds drove them back into the wilderness, where they wandered for forty years. Why forty years? Because that is how long it took for all the unbelief to die out. 

In the wilderness, although children of God, the Jews chaffed and never experienced rest. They were constantly on the move, and although blessed by God with water from rocks, with clothes that never wore out, with manna from Heaven to feed them, they longed for the leeks and onions of Egypt. 

In the same way, we too are children of God, but unbelief keeps us from our and of promise, where victory is assured, where every step we take will be our possession. Thus, many have looked  for things of the old life to fill them.  because we are not finding true joy and fulfillment in our Christianity as it is now understood.

The promised land for the Jews was their inheritance. And in the same way, our inheritance, our birthright is to find abiding in Christ not as an impossibility but as a sureness! And in these last days, God is awakening us to what we have assumed is impossible, a walk where we can stare down Satan every time without caving, where when we pray, God immediately answers “Here I am!”

And just as Israel finally abandoned their unbelief and went in and possessed the land that was rightfully theirs, so too we will do exactly the same. Up til now, we have often traded our birthright for a mess of pottage, simply because we have not thought that  being kept by the power of God through faith was  even possible. But all that is about to change. 

Who can enter the rest that remains for the people of God. He that ceases from his own works, even as God did from His. When we finally understand that it is not our job but God’s to make us holy and to change us into His likeness, everything changes. Blessed is the man who understands that we must look away from our efforts for they will avail nothing. And when we finally cry out for new natures that ACT new, God will not disappoint. After all, He is the God who cannot lie! 

Blessings, 

Gideon