• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

By effort? No, by faith! 

To be honest, I don't want to get entangled any more in the topic here. I spoke and shared what I believe will listen to the rest of the conversation.  Don't want to get into repetitive answers that just goes on.  I also believe in reasonable dialogue and not to offend as it is never my intention at all.  

Thanks

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

To be honest, I don't want to get entangled any more in the topic here. I spoke and shared what I believe will listen to the rest of the conversation.  Don't want to get into repetitive answers that just goes on.  I also believe in reasonable dialogue and not to offend as it is never my intention at all.  

Thanks

Be blessed

Gideon

23 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I don't recall bringing up anything to do with saving anyone but Noah had only 8 saved through  his preaching over 100 years. Actually I save no one, Jesus saves.

Probably, tribulation tends to bring revival, at least it wakes up the Church.

Amen! I never said that it would not be tribulation that will force us awake, when we will fully understand our deep need to have Him to cause us to follow Him to the end. 

Right now, the vast majority of true believers do not see how God will actually cause us to walk in full obedience. But if we cannot resist temptation now, or take the way of escape He promises to provide us every time we fall into minor temptations, what happens if we are here for the mark of the beast? Will we want Him to cause us to resist sin then? 

We will know that if we reject the mark, we will lose our jobs, oir homes, our ability to buy food for  our family. We will also know that if we take it, we will be receiving all the plagues that will come upon the world. Talk about a valley of decision. Is that a sin that will be forgiven since we are only human?  I simply do not see it in the Bible. Now is the time we need to figure out how God can cause us to obey Him. It will only get darker. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

I believe this thread has run its course. Thank you all for your input. May God lead us all to His truth so that we can walk fully in the freedom He provides.

blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Gideon said:

It means “to be set apart”, or in other words to be fully His. We start out possessing God but it is a completely  different thing where Jecpossesses us. The results will often be confused with the full submission, for the two go hand in hand. Holiness is not perfection. It is fully being possessed by the perfect One. 

There is also a certain aspect of holiness that denotes purity, and freedom from evil’s influence. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

You and I are pretty much in agreement on this. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, Yowm said:

Essentially the same..

so will be the coming of the Son of Man. (Mat 24:37-39)

SHALL IT BE in the day when the Son of man IS REVEALED. (Luke 17:28-30)

Yowm,    I think they believe that THE DAY of the LORD , HIS SECOND COMING is in SPIRIT that it is A BIG REVIVAL

I also think they believe the resurrection to be allegorical , like an awakening tied into this second coming .

I believe they see the being caught up in the air to be with Him as an awakening event.

I believe they see the rapture as an awakening event for the church and a pouring down of an abundance of the Holy Spirit .

If they believe what I just said ,   RUN FOR THE HILLS YOWM ,   I know one who used to teach like this and it gets worse .

RUN YOWM < RUN .  

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

RUN YOWM < RUN .

The guy can't run at this age duff, you gota buy him a jetpack or a horse. :horse:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

The guy can't run at this age duff, you gota buy him a jetpack or a horse. :horse:

Well that lil hoss looks like it can.    Goodness its legs is moving .  

12 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

Yes, verily, and more: there will be days much worse than the days of Noah. In the days of Noah, they eating, and drinking, and there was marriage.  I am referring to the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.  Lets see the great difference. (Luke 17:28-30)    

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; (In Sodom and Gomorrah there was not a normal and legitimate marriage).  

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus SHALL IT BE in the day when the Son of man IS REVEALED.

Are we all ready for this great and wonderful revelation? 

So explain what you believe this to mean.

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Yowm,    I think they believe that THE DAY of the LORD , HIS SECOND COMING is in SPIRIT that it is A BIG REVIVAL

I also think they believe the resurrection to be allegorical , like an awakening tied into this second coming .

I believe they see the being caught up in the air to be with Him as an awakening event.

I believe they see the rapture as an awakening event for the church and a pouring down of an abundance of the Holy Spirit .

If they believe what I just said ,   RUN FOR THE HILLS YOWM ,   I know one who used to teach like this and it gets worse .

RUN YOWM < RUN .  

Brother, I am not saying flat out that you are in error in what you say. However, if we  are not praying earnestly that God wakes both those in the church and those in the world up to the dangers of where they now stand,  we ought to be ashamed. 

We are told that the fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much. We are also told that a double minded man should not think God will answer his prayers at all. 

There is a wide swath of Christians who have been misled into thinking that a little sin, even willful ones, are unavoidable because we are only human. Lest we forget, judgment will begin at the house of God, not in the bars and brothers. The Word of God is clear as to the standard God wants for all His children. 

“Let all who name the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

and 

“Awake to righteousness and sin not.”

If we simply do not know how to walk in this place, let us not hide behind our unbelief and logic. Let us cry out to God to cause us, as He has promised, to will AND to do of His good pleasure. A man who thinks his  positional righteousness is enough so he need not be concerned about actually seeking God’s face to see that righteousness manifested in their daily lives is in deep danger. Many of these are the elect of God who are true sheep but who have wandered into bad pastures following the shepherds over them, trusting that they are men of God. They need to be awakened to the truth, and to the fact God will keep us from evil if we seek Him for it as if our eternity depends on it. Because it does. 

Likewise, many in the world who are currently lost will end up being those in the highways and byways who are broken, lame, and blind. This has not yet happened..... but they will be a large part of the final harvest. Our work is not done. It is just beginning. 

If we have no heart for these lost and/or poorly instructed souls, and simply we are simply content that we have ours secured so ‘come on Lord, take us home’, we do not yet have the mind of Christ on the matter. It may  be time we get alone with God to see where Hos heart is.

Whether or not I am right, or you are right as to a final awakening, I know what the right mindset is. It should see the need for deep intercessory prayer that His Spirit WILL move in a mighty way and rescue as many as possible.  It is to lovingly but fervently urge them to full repentance and full faith. I hope we are in agreement with this.

Blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon