Realist

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

After reading many of the postings here,  I believe there is absolute danger when the Law is set against Grace. I believe no true interpretation of the scripture can be accurate when the Law of God and Grace are opposing systems in doctrine.

If the later were the case, it would mean that God had taken opposing and contradictory attitudes towards men in these two different ages and would be contrary to the character of God who states “I am the Lord, I change not” in Malachi 3:6.

Instead of opposing systems, I believe that law and grace, as revealed in the Scriptures,  are parts of one harmonious and progressive Godly plan.  Many Christian leaders and world governments have publicly repudiated God’s divine Law and made the great things of God’s Law a strange thing.  In return, God has visited us with a wave of lawlessness in our nations, churches, homes, schools and social lives.

Anything now goes in our lawless generation that is devoid of God’s divine structure. There is nothing to guide the lives and thoughts of the young,  assist the middle aged in raising and supporting a godly family or to comfort the old in the spiritual preparation of leaving this world;  except the Word which contains the Law of God throughout.

Christ said in Luke 24:44:

“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.”

After reading these words of Christ in the verse above,  the question to ask yourself is:  Was there anything written by the prophets or in the psalms that Christ would do away with the law?

The answer, of course, is a resounding NO!   Christ states in Luke 16:17

“It is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.”

God also declared, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them";  Heb 10:16.

Christ said in Matt 5:7 :”I came not to destroy, but to fulfill”;  which is not to dissolve the obligations of the law and to release us from them, but to substantiate the law and make good all that it required.

But what about “nailing it to the cross” as is commonly taught and proclaimed by those who I believe take Paul’s words in Col 2:14 out of context to make their point against obedience?

Actually,  Paul is saying that the curse of sin and death, which is exposed by the law of God, is nailed to the cross by Christ’s sacrifice; along with the Old Testament sacrificial law, as Christ was now the sacrifice for our sins.

Paul in Romans 8:2 states;

“For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.”

Paul also stated in Rom 2:13;

“For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.”

This present dispensation is spoken of as the age of grace, not because grace belongs to it exclusively, but because in it grace has been fully manifested by the death and resurrection of Christ.

When John declared that 'the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ' in John 1:17; he was contrasting law and grace, not as two contrary and irreconcilable systems, but as two related parts of one Godly system.

The law was the shadow, Christ was the substance. The law was the pattern, Christ was the reality. The grace which had been behind the law came to light through Jesus Christ so that it could be realized.

It is a erroneous conclusion that supposes the Old and New Testaments are antagonistic with each other. The Old Testament is also full of Grace and the New Testament is also full of Law.

As a matter of fact, if you thinks about it, grace had been in operation from the beginning. It began in Eden with the first promise of redemption immediately after the fall.  All redemption is from God’s grace; there can be no salvation without it, and even the Law itself proceeds on the basis of grace.

The Law was given to Israel not that they might be redeemed, but because they had been redeemed.

The nation had been brought out of Egypt by the power of God under the blood of the slain lamb, itself the symbol and token of God's grace. The law was added at Sinai as the necessary standard of life for a ransomed people, a people who now belonged to the Lord. It began with a declaration of their redemption; 'I am the Lord thy God who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage' in Ex. 20:2. It rested on the basis of grace, and it embodied the principle that redemption implied a conformity to God's moral order. In other words, the very grace that redeemed Israel carried with it the necessity of revealing the law to Israel. The law was given that they might walk righteously in the relation which they now stood to God their creator as God is holy. The covenant of the law did not supersede the covenant of promise, but set forth the kind of life which those who were redeemed by the covenant of promise were expected to live.

The Law was not a covenant of works in the sense that Israel’s salvation depended upon obedience to it. The devout Israelite was saved by faith in the promise of God, which was now embodied in the tabernacle services. He looked forward through the sacrifices to a salvation which they foreshadowed, and by faith accepted it, as we look back to the Cross and by faith accept the salvation which has been accomplished.

The Old Testament saints and the New Testament saints are both saved in the same way, and that is, by the grace of God through Jesus Christ alone.

Of course the people could not keep the Law. It only brought sin to light and proved that righteousness could not come from their own efforts.

It has been often said, and said truly, "The New is in the Old contained and the Old is by the New explained"

The Bible and the law as a whole, are not merely for the children of Israel while only certain parts of it are just for the Gentile believers. The Bible is a written revelation from God for the whole congregation of believers, Jew and Gentile alike are one in Messiah!

I  think the easy believism teachings popular today lead people into dangerous conclusions about spiritual rest and enduring   " But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Matt 24:13

Edited by Realist
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  932
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,323
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Introduction From W. A. Criswell's writing, "The Scarlet Thread Of Redemption"

The Bible is a book of redemption. It is that or nothing at all. It is not a book of history, science, anthropology, or cosmogony. It is a book of salvation and deliverance for lost mankind.

The idea in the word "redemption" is twofold: it refers to a deliverance, a ransom. We are redeemed from the penalty of sin and from the power of Satan and evil by the price Jesus paid on the cross for us; and we are redeemed to a new freedom from sin, to a new relationship to God, and a new life of love by the appropriation of the atonement for our sins.

The whole  of the Bible whether the Old Testament or the New Testament, looks to the mighty redemptive atonement of Christ. His blood sacrifice is the ransom paid for our deliverance. He took our sinful nature upon  Himself in order that  He might satisfy the demands of the Law.  His sacrifice is accepted as the payment for the payment for the debt the sinner man owes to God, and His death is acepted as the full payment for man's deliverance.

Our Lord's redemptive work for us is threefold: (1) It is closely associated with forgiveness since we receive forgiveness through through the redemptive price of Christ's death. (2)  It involves justification since the deliverance establishes us in a restored position of favor before God. (3) It promises final deliverance from the power of sin at the coming of the Lord. The story of this redemption is "The Scarlet Thread Through The Bible."

The full presentation is available within the Criswell Study Bible and also online in various formats and discussions.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/12/2018 at 3:37 PM, Realist said:

I  think the easy believism teachings popular today lead people into dangerous conclusions about spiritual rest and enduring   " But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Matt 24:13

You would do well to study Romans 4:8.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,676
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The whole purpose of the law was to reveal the death... that heart that sins and can do no other... sin can only be dealt with as God has dealt with it in the whole council of God! It The Magnificence of The Word of God 'Jesus The Christ'... anyone bringing law for justification in His Presence shall have His Light of Life shine upon their own in eternal damnation. How does imperfection put on perfection? It can't... you must be born again!  

4 hours ago, Behold said:

You would do well to study Romans 4:8.

What makes you think I haven't ?

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

anyone bringing law for justification in His Presence shall have His Light of Life shine upon their own in eternal damnation

Is that what you think my post was about?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,691
  • Content Per Day:  2.40

Thank you for the time you took to post. 

I am not testing you with the following question. 

But it made the disciples frustrated, when Jesus told them that " if your righteousness does not surpass that of the Farishes, you cannot enter in the Kingdom of God. 

For clarity I am not quoting the words of the Lord God of the Jews, who said many things for the Jews only, and he did not speak in the name of JESUS CHRIST, 

But in his own name. 

Some times he spoke what Christ will do, and about the Christ, that I understand. 

These were the words of Jesus while on earth. 

Those words made the disciples say; then who will be saved!!!

From amongst the Jews, and the Galileans of course.

That will exclude all Gentiles. 

Why Jesus made that statement, what was the message in this statement? Please 

Sorry all,  My replies with quotes are freezing my browser  and my last reply to Yowm here was just erased.  It seems I can't get a proper post out.  I don't have time to look into it today.  Take care.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

5 hours ago, Realist said:

What makes you think I haven't ?

Because you wrote this, and your context is : how to stay SAVED.

""""""""I  think the easy believism teachings popular today lead people into dangerous conclusions about spiritual rest and enduring   " But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Matt 24:13"""""

So, THIS that you wrote is removing Grace from God's Atonement,  and substituting self effort ("enduring") to try to prove that if you dont, then you are not going to heaven.  And people who teach this are Galatians 1:8., of which I am not.

Let me say this to you in the spirit of sincerity,.....  let Grace be Grace, and let the Law be the opposite, regarding how, when, why, and WHO, saved you.

Always remember that as soon as you start to attribute yourself with the capacity to keep your own eternal life, ( by enduring) (works) you have then removed the credit Do, the one who IS the Savior.

See, this is the stinking elephant in the room regarding everyone who is tripping over Grace and the "free gift of Righteousness"  trying to prove that believers can "lose it".... See,  They dont ever seem to realize that the only way you can lose your salvation, is to take it from the one who Saved you, and try to do it yourself. (which is impossible of course)..but  Glory to Hallelujah dont they give it their best shot.

And this is why 100% of the OSNAS crowd always rant about "sinning willfully" and "enduring to the end", and "holding onto your faith"....and THAT is because all of them are obsessed with self effort to make it into heaven, which, low and behold, is exactly what FAITH IN CHRIST IS NOT..

You've probably not realized it, but everyone who opposes OSAS is : Galatians 1:8.,....  as everyone who is mad to oppose the fact that the same God who Saved you, is the same God in the Flesh who keeps you saved .... These OSNAS have literally denied the Blood Atonement's power to REDEEM

So, when exactly does a believer actually come to the full revelation that they are saved and kept saved for all eternity by Christ alone.>?  =. The very second they realize that they can't lose their salvation.

Until then, they'll keep trying to keep themselves saved, which is exactly NOT trusting in Christ by Faith for Salvation and Eternal Life.

Philippians 1:6

B

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,691
  • Content Per Day:  2.40

4 hours ago, Behold said:

Because you wrote this, and your context is : how to stay SAVED.

""""""""I  think the easy believism teachings popular today lead people into dangerous conclusions about spiritual rest and enduring   " But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Matt 24:13"""""

So, THIS that you wrote is removing Grace from God's Atonement,  and substituting self effort ("enduring") to try to prove that if you dont, then you are not going to heaven.  And people who teach this are Galatians 1:8., of which I am not.

Let me say this to you in the spirit of sincerity,.....  let Grace be Grace, and let the Law be the opposite, regarding how, when, why, and WHO, saved you.

Always remember that as soon as you start to attribute yourself with the capacity to keep your own eternal life, ( by enduring) (works) you have then removed the credit Do, the one who IS the Savior.

See, this is the stinking elephant in the room regarding everyone who is tripping over Grace and the "free gift of Righteousness"  trying to prove that believers can "lose it".... See,  They dont ever seem to realize that the only way you can lose your salvation, is to take it from the one who Saved you, and try to do it yourself. (which is impossible of course)..but  Glory to Hallelujah dont they give it their best shot.

And this is why 100% of the OSNAS crowd always rant about "sinning willfully" and "enduring to the end", and "holding onto your faith"....and THAT is because all of them are obsessed with self effort to make it into heaven, which, low and behold, is exactly what FAITH IN CHRIST IS NOT..

You've probably not realized it, but everyone who opposes OSAS is : Galatians 1:8.,....  as everyone who is mad to oppose the fact that the same God who Saved you, is the same God in the Flesh who keeps you saved .... These OSNAS have literally denied the Blood Atonement's power to REDEEM

So, when exactly does a believer actually come to the full revelation that they are saved and kept saved for all eternity by Christ alone.>?  =. The very second they realize that they can't lose their salvation.

Until then, they'll keep trying to keep themselves saved, which is exactly NOT trusting in Christ by Faith for Salvation and Eternal Life.

Philippians 1:6

B

Your message is well taken, 

Have you ever walk in the path of trying to earn what Jesus has allready earn for us, 

Have you ever struggled whether you are good for Heaven or not. 

Have you been tormented by visions that Jesus may tell you depart from me, I never knew you. 

Has the enemy ever wisper to you, or shout to you from the pulpit, that why bother to believe in Jesus CHRIST, if you will never be good enouph, or worthy to enter Heaven. 

Has you ever strugle, in deciding who is your everlasting Father. 

Did anyone tried to convince you that Abraham is your Father and to desired Abraham's blessings , instand of JESUS CHRIST blessings our everlasting Father, Issaiah 9: unto us a child will be born, his name is our everlasting Father. 

Or from the beginning you felt that you needed  Jesus extra robe of righteousness, did you have this joy in your heart all the time. 

Do you enter in his courts with praice and thanksgiving, did you say this is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. 

Thank you 

God bless 

Edited by Your closest friendnt