Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

This seems to have become an iron sharpening iron thread.   I see good points on both sides.  Yes, we have already been given all that we need to live holy and Godly in this present world now, and that needs to be preached and taught with all seriousness.  However I can’t help but reflect that this has never prevented the Lord from sending revivals before, in His wisdom.  I do not know if what Gideon was shown is a revival as such, or actually the consummation at the end of this age..…it sounds to me like the latter if it was world-wide.

But at the same time we need to be aware that an evil spirit is coming too, and his false “revival” will be very deceptive, and we can’t afford to under-estimate the strength of it:

2Th 2:9

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders

How we need to be cleaving to the Lord and seeking to follow Him with all sincerity, love and obedience.  Love the truth more than ourselves…love the light, because repentance prepares the way for the Lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

This seems to have become an iron sharpening iron thread.   I see good points on both sides.  Yes, we have already been given all that we need to live holy and Godly in this present world now, and that needs to be preached and taught with all seriousness.  However I can’t help but reflect that this has never prevented the Lord from sending revivals before, in His wisdom.  I do not know if what Gideon was shown is a revival as such, or actually the consummation at the end of this age..…it sounds to me like the latter if it was world-wide.

But at the same time we need to be aware that an evil spirit is coming too, and his false “revival” will be very deceptive, and we can’t afford to under-estimate the strength of it:

2Th 2:9

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders

How we need to be cleaving to the Lord and seeking to follow Him with all sincerity, love and obedience.  Love the truth more than ourselves…love the light, because repentance prepares the way for the Lord.

This a very fair and balanced view of things. As to what I have been sharingas to our ability to gain the victory over our flesh, , it would seem unlikely that when I share that we can actually step out in faith and believe the promises of our Lord that because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross, we are enabled to finally firmly say no to the devil every time we are tempted, I have a difficult time believing that such a stand would be backed by the enemy. Am I missing something? 

As to the awakening of which I speak, if it comes to pass, praise the Lord for it. If it does not and simply helps saints now struggling with sin  to walk in victory, again, I will praise the Lord. May His will be done either way. 

Let is remember that just because the Bible talks about a great falling away but does not clearly mention the same for the huge church awakening as I have shared, it does not mean it is not true. Remember that the Pharisees dismissed the claim that Jesus could be the messiah, for no prophet was ever mentioned to come from Nazareth. They simply could not see the bigger picture. 

As to the awakening itself, that is the exact term used in the parable of the 10 virgins, and it is an event right before the bridegroom returns. We are told that  ALL the virgins slept, both.the virgins with oil and the virgins without. It also says that their lamps were, at the time they were being awakened, unlit. Correct? 

To me, at least, this indicates that the true church, the sheep, the elect of God, are  found sleeping just like the tares. Secondly, it indicates that there  was something the elect will do upon  awakening. They will light their lamps that were previously unlit. What does this mean? What explanation can we give as to our sleeping, our awakening, and our lighting of our lamps? 

Lest we forget, the very mindset of Laodecia was that they felt they had everything they needed and were quite content with their level of spirituality. They were blind to the truth of how far they were from what God wanted for them. Yes, there was correction, but it was only because the Lord loved them. We all seem to be in agreement that the spiritual health of the church at present, especially in the west, is weak indeed. Are all these tares? Or, are some of them sleeping saints? We need them to awaken and burn brightly, just as they need us to do so. We must guard against being content that we have our house in order, if the entire church is still sickly. We cannot say “I have no need of them.” We NEED each other to all walk in the light as He is in the light, amen? 

Again, thank you for the balance you have shown.

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

From what I have gleaned from scriptures. Persecution causes the Body of Christ to grow. Not only in  numbers,  but also in holiness. So if it’s true we are in the last days I suspect a out pouring of persecution. Which in turn would cause the Body of Christ to press into Him more. Which in turn would cause Him to be formed to a larger degree in His Body. Which in turn would cause a increase in holiness. So it would seem to me any way you cut it, that increase in Christ is what’s on the horizon. Which in turn might be a example of the scripture playing out. “He must increase and I must decrease” (My thoughts.)

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

I believe you will see the true children of God draw closer to the Lord, but I don't know about a huge increase in the number of saints.  In addition to that, you are talking about people turning from sin on their own as a result of fear, because they will know their only hope is God.  That has nothing to do with the message in the OP.  Fear will make people turn away from sin and cling to Christ.

It does seem that when Christians are rattled to there core they seem to cry out to Christ more. Thought the OP was about Christ being formed in His body in a deeper and more intense manner. Just thought I chime in. Don’t mean to take the OP off subject. Apologies. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

41 minutes ago, Butero said:

There is nothing to apologize for.  You are right in what you said, but the OP is about Gideon's belief there will be this great supernatural event that will take place where everyone will suddenly understand who they are in Christ and be freed from sin's bondages.  What you are describing is people turning to God because of fear of what is taking place.  I actually agree with you that what you are thinking is likely to happen.  

I think people are misunderstanding what Gideon is trying to say. I hear him, and all he’s saying is; He believes (as I do) we are in the end times. And because of that, certain things have to happen for (all) scriptures to be fulfilled. And one of those is, the Bride making herself ready. And since walking in a victorious Christian life, is the one and only way for this to happen. And because this revelation of what it means to be “dead in Christ and alive onto God” is the one and only way God has given to mankind to over come the world the flesh and the devil. So it naturally follows that this revelation would have to be manifested in the Body of Christ as a whole. That, in a nut shell, is what I think he’s trying to say. Gideon if you read this and that’s not correct please speak up, as I know you will. But I’m pretty confident I’m on point. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me