• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

I believe I told Gideon, " I believe Jesus and Paul clearly state otherwise."

May I ask you a question? Ok, lol, two questions.

1) Even if a latter  day awakening is not plainly stated, does that mean we should discount it even as a possibility? The Pharisees did not believe Jesus was the Messiah or even a prophet simply because no prophet was ever predicted to come from Nazareth in scripture. They let their understanding of things influence what they believed was possible. 

2) Are we to rest content convinced that the whole world has heard the real gospel.... AND.... seen it in action in us? If revival can happen in China, why not India.... or Russia... or Japan? Are we so confident that all the elect have now been gathered and that we have completed our task and are ready to be raptured away from this mess? Really?

To me, one of the prime indicators that we are indeed infected with rhe spirit of Laocedia is that we simply have no heart for the lost. We just want to lump them all together as evil and assume rhat since they have not become Christians yet, that they are hell bound. 

I suspect there are folks like me here who have children who are not saved. I will pray for their salvation and rhat thry awaken to the truth of Jesus as long as there is breath in my body. Some here have spouses, or parents, of best friends or co-workers  who are presently lost and who need Jesus. Shall we just give up when we are given clear promises of God answering our prayers if we are walking righteously, pray fervently and continue instant in prayer, refusing to give up? Shall we not intercede on their behalf, standing in the gap for them,  beseeching our God to lead them to Jesus, no matter the cost? 

Brother, I respect you, and love you as a beother in rhe Lord, , but I fear you have been swayed  by satan’s plan to muddy the waters as to a final great awakening. Yes, there indeed is a counterfeit, but to toss out the idea of a much needed end time awakening so that His  house will be full is selfish and short sighted. 

Do you remember the Samaritan woman who sought the Lord to heal her daughter and Jesus answered  that He was sent to the children of Israel only and it was not right to take food rhstcwas forcrhem and to give it to dogs? Imagine how that could have affected her faith. What she was asking for was going directly against the stated plan of God! Yet how did she answer Him? “Yea, Lord, but even the dogs get to eat the crumbs that fall from the table.” 

Was Jesus offended at her refual to take no for an answer from the Son of God? Or rather, was He pleased by her level of faith that He had not seen in all of Israel? Was He not blessed by her refusal to take no for an answer? We both know the answer. Did she get what she came for? You bet!

Now, here we sit at the end of the age and we both know we have not been displaying Jesus to the lost as His pwople. Oh, we might give correct doctrinal truths, but brother, it is the anointing, and that alone, which breaks the yoke of bondage, and if we ourselves are not walking in the free indeed Christ clearly promised us,  why do we think rhey can get free rhemslves? If we are still full of self, sin and worldliness and content with our going-thru-the-motions Christianity, thinking that should suffice for the lost around the world to make a wise choice, then we are wrong.... very wrong.  

Should we not be found crying out to our God to change us, free us, use us in any way possible to save even one soul from an eternity without God? How can our hearts be so callous as to not care? Is this not clear evidence that the awakening needs to start with US? Is that the heart of God? 

Listen, God has told me in no uncertain terms about this awakening of which I speak. I believe rhe scriptures back it up, but each must decide for rhemselves.  But let’s say I am simply in error, and no awakening is on the books for us in these last days. What do you think would happen if thousands of His heaven bound children would fall on rheir faces and tell the Lord:

”Dear Father, even if an awakening is not promised, all it would take is crumbs from your table to awaken both us and the multitude. Even if it means we have to wait here a bit longer, I truly want everyone to see the truth of who you are.... in me and in your true church? Please Lord, hear my cry and awaken all who need awakening and if I am among them, no matter the cost, awaken me as well.”

I know rhis muqch. It would please our God to no end, seeing the heart of His display His own mercy and seeing fairh arise that would make the apostles themselves beam with pride and approval. I beg yuo, dear brother, do not let what you think what you believe is supposed to happen blind you to what you know deep in your heart NEEDS to happen. 

Blessings,

Gideon

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

35 minutes ago, Yowm said:

They had many promises from the OT revealing that He was the Messiah, it was not even in the realm of 'possibility' whereas a  latter day awakening seems to have more verses going against it than for it. At least I couldn't dogmatically proclaim it to be such.

That's 5 questions total. I know you already have your convictions about these but just want to test me. I'm honored.

Revival can happen, anytime, anywhere anyhow...

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
(Rev 14:6-7)

...it's 'possible. All the world will hear the Gospel after the rapture if not before...

but we are to give out the word, it is God's job to open eyes to their sinfulness and ears and hearts to its truths.

With your 'Really?' comment, it seems you are assuming that strawman of your making is what I believe. Nope.

If you would please, could you share specific verses that testify that a latter day awakening can NOT occur? Thanks.

Do you want one to happen?

Thanks,

Gids