• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  793
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Dan_79 said:

Ok. If a physical disability is not to be regarded as a generational curse (or a blessing) how does it still come to directly effect a single generation?

Physical and mental conditions and disabilities are clearly on the increase (autistic spectrum, adhd, aspergers etc) whether caused by diet or pharmacuetical drugs I don't claim to know but increasing they are (as a population grows so does the availability of disease it is carrying become amplified)

Does scripture have an answer as to why this is?

Look at John 9:1-3

Jesus warns us that although sin can result in sickness or disability, we can't argue in the reverse direction and say that sickness/disability are always the result of sin.

I don't think Scripture does answer your question except to say that these things happen to the human race on a grand scale because sin entered the world through Adam, and we can't control them.

There are many examples of diseases affecting one generation and then disappearing. Some of these may be due to infections that sweep through a population and then die out once everyone has either died or become immune. Genetic disorders affect multiple generations (even if generations are sometimes 'skipped').

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

47 minutes ago, Deborah_ said:

Look at John 9:1-3

Jesus warns us that although sin can result in sickness or disability, we can't argue in the reverse direction and say that sickness/disability are always the result of sin.

I don't think Scripture does answer your question except to say that these things happen to the human race on a grand scale because sin entered the world through Adam, and we can't control them.

The Bible gives us the foundational key to physical and mental health.

That key is simply this: “My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity . . .

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones”

Proverbs 3:1-2, 8.

Jesus referred to the Prostitutes and tax collectors as a form of sickness as it spreads so does the sickness...

All actions that carry punishments (cause and effect).

The physical sickness has a root cause.

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  793
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

The Bible gives us the foundational key to physical and mental health.

That key is simply this: “My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity . . .

This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones”

Proverbs 3:1-2, 8.

And yet people who live wise and godly lives still get sick, while some wicked people live long and prosper. 

Proverbs are generalities, not rules; there are always exceptions. You just cannot say that sin=sickness

33 minutes ago, Deborah_ said:

And yet people who live wise and godly lives still get sick, while some wicked people live long and prosper. 

Proverbs are generalities, not rules; there are always exceptions. You just cannot say that sin=sickness

Hence the OP.

Why God would bless evil and punish good works is inconsistent to the whole book of the bible and would encourage lawlessness. 

If God hated Esau but blessed Jacob (ISRAEL)

If its said evil people can fool us into thinking they are Godly (mans poorer judgment) then Godly people can be fooled or led a-stray to do wicked (mans poorer judgement) can only be percieved by man in the present generation he lives to experience.

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 hours ago, Yowm said:

One thing it DOESN'T mean, which a movement 20-25 years ago tried attaching to it, was a thing called 'generational curses' even amongst Christians. That concept is refuted here...

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
(Gal 3:13)

So, whatever curse due to a certain iniquity is being referred to, it no longer applies. (IMHO)

I believe generational curses still apply .    ITS JUST if a person becomes a believer they are redeemed from that curse of the law .

Meaning if in three generations my family were not redeemed by Christ and they had a certain curse on them,   YET me being led to Christ

would be free from that curse NOW .    I see curses in families still today .   BUT not on beleivers I don't .     Sure we still get sick and suffer

but that is not the generational curses Spoken of in the bible .  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

All suffering can be used to draw one Closer to God .   we had mutes , we had people with infirmities all over in JESUS day

AND JESUS used these words ,    WHOM satan has bound .     All sickness is the cause of the effect of adams disobedience .  

Sickness, suffering   its also used on people ,   like say    JOB.    Was Job not called righteous .    YET within JOB their was something that needed to be burned out .

We find this out in much later chapters .     Whatever is simply allowed to come against the believer GOD will work to their good .

This is not to say we cannot also be healed of it .  WE CAN .   And you are correct about saying some of the most vile and wicked people can live the longest lives

be the richest folk and see very little to no adversity .    While the children of GOD suffer ,  suffer adversity , persecution ,  on the run , in hiding

OH,  but if ONE has ENTERED into the tabernacle by way OF CHRIST ,  they see the end of what becomes of both sides .    

And their is no envy for the wicked , their life , their monies , and their is no DESPISING the CHASTISMENT we receive OFTHE LORD either .

ITS JUST ALL HOPE IN THE LORD with all affections above .    OH YES ,  SISTER , OH YES ,   no matter what comes against us ,  WE have all hope for our hope IS N THE LORD .

Make a mute man sing , a lame man dance and the blind man see.    THEIR SIMPLY IS NO HOPE in anything ,  BUT GOD .     SO SING that all day sister .  YOU SING IT .

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That's why I ended the post with IMHO, and no, Jesus did not teach about generational curses. As I said, He took the  curse due to sin...

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
(Gal 3:13).

If you are asking, did Jesus teach Gal 3:13? Yes, He taught it to His disciples, Paul didn't make it up out of thin air.

Yes its ok, people automatically think I am trying to catch them out, when really I just want to learn why people believe what they do by making them think about why.

So if Paul did not make it up out of thin air who or what was guiding him to preach what he did?

What did Paul have to say about the blood curse in Mathew 27:24-25 

Im still at this point confused as to what the term Jew actually means in these scriptures.

Rev warns there are jews who say they are jews but are not (but do lie).

This is important for chronology of the books are Jesus before Paul who is before John.

Hence I ask for clarity on this term or word.

Until I know...at best it reads..

Paul a Jew (?) writes a letter about himself having recieving revelation from Jesus from his own admission only (no witness testimony of the event from at least 2 or 3 people) written to Jews(?) that in substance is at variance with other disciples (after slating them)  and with Jesus?

Jesus showed me that even some of his closest couldnt be trusted!

Edited by Dan_79

20 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Let me ask you this. Do you believe Paul's writings are as much inspired as John's, Peter's, Matthew's etc.?

This is what I am trying to find out. The truth would be good.

On 29/04/2018 at 6:48 PM, Yowm said:

Paul, an apostle—not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead—
(Gal 1:1)
For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel. For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.
(Gal 1:11-12)
But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone;
(Gal 1:15-16)
For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread,
(1Co 11:23)
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
(1Co 15:3)
And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.
(2Pe 3:15-16)

Let me ask you this. Do you believe Paul's writings are as much inspired as John's, Peter's, Matthew's etc.?

As unbelieving Jews they called that curse upon themselves.  Paul says when any turn to Christ that curse is lifted as it was lifted in Paul's case (being a Jew).

Paul is writing about himself and writing to jews to be witnesses to this revelation he says he had from Jesus.

He had access to the early church scripture before his revelation also, he spent his earlier years persecuting those who called upon Christ and probably had confessions...

But Paul did not confess all in his letters...

If you cannot sincerely distinguish between Israel and Jewry you will fall into the same trap I did.

I read a "wordsworth" dictionary today, 1994 re-print of a 1988 copyright.

I looked up the word "Jew" and it confirmed the same...

Namely the term Jew is "either/or" adherent of the religion of Judaism or an Israelite. 

LOL

A minor issue to some...

But this is another trick...

John did not fall for it but put a warning in his works...when he wrote Revelations. 

Also if you read what the Jew (an adherent of the religion called judaism) tells you about himself you get another clue regarding Johns prophetic warning:

These are who are known and identified as International
Jewry today; they themselves state that "Modern Jewry is
Edom." There is Edom [Esau is called Edom in Genesis 36:8.
And Edom is in 'Modern Jewry' Jewish Encyclopedia, 1925
edition, Vol. 5, p. 41.

Edited by Dan_79