• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

If you eat too much you will become a sluggard. Too much food makes you sleepy and tired. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Big meal in the evening for a good sleep,
bean tacos in the morning
for energy.
Hard days work for the soul.

Work;   the best narcotic!

1Co_3:8  Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
Gal_6:4  But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
Pro_13:4  The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,646
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, naominash said:

This is true. Keep changing jobs, changing career and education paths, and you'll have a whole lot of nothing to show for it. Stay on one path, work at it even when you don't feel like it, and reap the rewards. 

Aha, perhaps, perhaps! But maybe one can be diligent in perseverance without holding on to one career, instead holding to principles diligently in each of them.

My creator has led me to varying careers and has given me life long enough to have I guess six or maybe seven so far. In each I learned more about being diligent, and I learned of God by a careeer change too.  My skills grew from the changes. God used them for His purposes. I have merely been diligent in perseverance learning to wait  for what He will have me to do today, and perhaps tomorrow.  

I think that the gift of the Holy Spirit of "helps" is nourished by the Lord  through His pushing the saint to be blessed with this gift, into learning many diverse skills, as well as  a manner of doing many things, that  a diligent mindset grows out of it and is then put to work for His good purposes. As the skill grows the Lord may move the saint  onto yet another "career", another school, another challenge, all to be a cog placed exactly where needed to help the gears turn. 

God once sent me to Nassau to work on a Christian school ( just a volunteer  part of a few that went to build a couple of classrooms and do some maintenance). There a young child that observed that I did many different tasks, all skills that were restricted as skill sets at his country. He asked me at church that Wednesday night how it was that I knew so many skills and could do them. I was tongue tied trying to understand and respond, for they were just things to me that  we had to do. I stuttered a bit  until his mother told me; " Here we can only do one skill for life. We each start as an apprentice for $40 a month, then we become a journeyman and get $60 amonth. He sees you doing many different trades and is in awe that such a thing exists. I have been telling him about God's love for us and that God has sent Americans here special just to help  him at this school so that he may learn more about God's love for him."  About brought me to tears, here I thought I was just sweating in the miserable heat and the fiberglass insulation, installing air conditioners, putting  down flooring, roofing, and fixing old plumbing, just laboring.  I learned a lot that short trip. All from a little kid and his mom. I had leadership skill trade skill I had a degree in my  trade i even had hospitality industry training, yet God used the bits and pieces I had to learn out of economic necessity along the way to then make a little kid learn a lesson about God's love for him. And it evidently helped his mom show her kid some encouragement in a place of some despair. And boy was that place ever bleak once one got past the tourist straw markets and out the back doors of those shops to the rest of the island. Oh wow what a nasty nightmare it was.

There might be diligence in diversity, I think I have experienced that.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

Mathew 7:14

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,646
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Diligence that brings prosperity is found in tenacity to do what is right in the eyes of our Lord. Our Lord has prospered his own as it suits His good purposes.

Our ancestor Job had prosperity in the flesh and the spirit. He was called the perfect servant by God to Satan. Yet Job suffered such loss as to crush  any man or woman, but he also was diligent in his faith  though he suffered so he thought he would have been better off to never have existed at all. Then he was prospered yet again by God's will.

Today, as many buy into the woe is us, no one can survive well,  all is woe, I am doomed to poverty and that is that, companies that hire people are raising their pay scales, handing out bonuses, expanding their facilities, buying back their stock, investing in the future  today! This is a time of tremendous opportunity for most workers, any in fact that will take on the attitude of I can  do it, and that will scan the horizon being emboldened to go for it. Some will  take the new job or self employment that pays more, telling the companies and showing them too of their value to them. There is much value in the diligence of the saints in Christ Jesus.

The more one prospers, the more one will have to share as God sees fit. Prosper in finances, prosper in knowledge, prosper in faith, and share generously of all with the saints in Christ Jesus at the local bodies of Christ Jesus so that the word the gospel of Jesus may flourish and many may be presented as mature in Christ.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

I receive these 'Daily Devotionals' sent to me from a ministry I'm involved in, and thought this one I received yesterday would fit in here. Timing

Your Assignment in Life
W
hen you know what your God-given assignment in life is, and that God is on your side, you become virtually unstoppable. Will you make mistakes? Sure, but God loves you enough to correct you, redirect you, and get you back on track. “How do I go about discovering my assignment?” you ask. Here are fourteen helpful questions to ask yourself: (1) What desires have been living in me most of my life? (2) What motivates me to work hard and be productive? (3) What keeps me going forward when I’m worn out? (4) What makes me refuse to quit when I meet with resistance? (5) What do I do that doesn’t seem like work? (6) What do I do that brings a positive response and support from people? (7) What am I doing or what’s happening in my life when doors seem to open automatically and effortlessly? (8) What do wise leaders and godly counselors think about my work? (9) What makes me feel good about being who I am? (10) What makes my creative juices flow? (11) What am I willing to sacrifice in order to accomplish it? (12) What am I doing that I’d be proud to offer for God’s approval? (13) What would I do without being paid for it if I could afford to? (14) What would I be willing to withstand Satan on in order to accomplish? Prayerfully consider these fourteen questions, and they will shed light on your God-given assignment in life.

• Thanks 1