• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Hmmmm. If eternity is on the other side, I rhink I’d be figuring out how to mount up with eagles wings. Amen? 

Here is what Jesus said to the flabberghasted religious man who was trusting in a one time prayer to save him. 

“I never knew you. Depart from me, all ye who work iniquity.” Look, if this guy was casting out demons, and doing all sorts of “Christian type stuff”, I would strongly suspect the man had said the sinner’s prayer, and was counting on that fact when he entered judgment, he had no guilty conscience. He was confident, which made the Lord’s response all the more shocking.

Are we willing to risk our entire eternity becausecwe are teusting in a teaching popular on our churches that flies in the face of scripture? We are told the following:

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they ahall see God. 

Without holiness, no man shall see rhe Lord.

Let all who name rhe name of the Lord depart from iniquity.

If we sin willfully after having received the knowledge of the teuth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins but a fearful looking for of judgment. 

The grace of God teaches us rhat denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we are to live soberly, righteously and justly in this present age

I can list a dozen more easily. Are we going to flat out  ignore God’s words of warning to us, all because we think we have attained a higher understanding of grace? Paul said “I strive, according to His strivings in me.”  

Sanctification is not ‘optional equipment’. It reveals a desrire in our hearts to follow close after the Lord, because we have come to KNOW Him and long to please Him. He will do the work, bit it will be IN, in our new nature, but it will come only when we finally cry out as wretched men, imprisoned by sin and self, looking for a deliverer to kill our old one. .

I will mince no words. This mentality is one to run from, without a minute to spare. The path multitudes are currently walking on may have slid by in times past, due to their ignorance. I do not know. But the standard of holiness unto the Lord is again being lifted high in these final days,  and we all would do well to heed it.  It is truly hard to comprehend, in the light of even the five verses above, how anyone in their right mind would risk hearing those dreaded words that many will hear. If fear is what it takes to awaken some, then let fear begin.

The  blatant twisting of the grace and mercy of God into lasciviousness, a sin license so to speak, is truly unfathomable. If one cannot walk holy, or defeat sin, look, I get it! But if that is the case, should we not then give God no rest until He ahows us how?? 

But to just say “It’s impossible, so I am not going to sweat it” is the result of believing a lie spawned in hell. If repentance is not found and these men and women walking in blindness caused by unbelief continue to place comfidence in a one time prayer, with no desire to walk pleasing to Him all the way until judgment, weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth will replaced their confidence in satan’s master con job. 

I am prayig for all who have swallowed this lie.

Gideon

1 john 1:8

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Hmmmm. If eternity is on the other side, I rhink I’d be figuring out how to mount up with eagles wings. Amen? 

Yes. Those "eagle's wings" would be Jesus death and resurrection. I'm relying on his sacrifice and his faith, for mine is insufficient. And I can focus on following him the best I know how without fear of him saying, "sorry, you just were not good enough."

• Praise God! 1

Guest shiloh357
28 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Here is what Jesus said to the flabberghasted religious man who was trusting in a one time prayer to save him. 

“I never knew you. Depart from me, all ye who work iniquity.” Look, if this guy was casting out demons, and doing all sorts of “Christian type stuff”, I would strongly suspect the man had said the sinner’s prayer, and was counting on that fact when he entered judgment, he had no guilty conscience. He was confident, which made the Lord’s response all the more shocking.

That was referring to those who trusted in works and appealed to their works, not to a "one time prayer."  You are in the habit of misrepresenting verses and ripping them from their immediate context to support a works-based system of salvation.

The point of that passage was about having a righteousness that exceeded the works-based system of the Pharisees and Sadducees who thought their works would save them in eternity.

Are we willing to risk our entire eternity becausecwe are teusting in a teaching popular on our churches that flies in the face of scripture? We are told the following:

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they ahall see God. 

Without holiness, no man shall see rhe Lord.

Let all who name rhe name of the Lord depart from iniquity.

If we sin willfully after having received the knowledge of the teuth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins but a fearful looking for of judgment. 

The grace of God teaches us rhat denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we are to live soberly, righteously and justly in this present age

Not one of those verses you cherry-picked have anything to do with a Christian losing salvation.

Sanctification is not ‘optional equipment’. It reveals a desrire in our hearts to follow close after the Lord, because we have come to KNOW Him and long to please Him. He will do the work, bit it will be IN, in our new nature, but it will come only when we finally cry out as wretched men, imprisoned by sin and self, looking for a deliverer to kill our old one. .

Sanctification is a work of the Holy Spirit on the heart of a believer to conform him or her into image of Christ.   It has no bearing on salvation.   It is not an add-on to being saved.  It is about living and growing in holiness.  

But the standard of holiness unto the Lord is again being lifted high in these final days,  and we all would do well to heed it.  It is truly hard to comprehend, in the light of even the five verses above, how anyone in their right mind would risk hearing those dreaded words that many will hear. If fear is what it takes to awaken some, then let fear begin.

The irony is that you are promoting the same works-based system of salvation that those who heard those dreaded words were trusting in.   The holiness that God demands, He also provides.   Everything required for salvation is given to us by the Lord.   Salvation is HIS work.  It is not us in cooperation with God.   Salvation is Jesus + 0.

The  blatant twisting of the grace and mercy of God into lasciviousness, a sin license so to speak, is truly unfathomable. If one cannot walk holy, or defeat sin, look, I get it! But if that is the case, should we not then give God no rest until He ahows us how?? 

Who is twisting anything into lasciviousness?  or  a license to sin?

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Some people need to make up their mind.

If the Gospel is what Christ has done for us, then to include sanctification in the Gospel is equivalent to saying Jesus does our sanctification as well and there is no cooperation needed on our part. If that is the case, why did Paul write so extensively on the Christian walk?

Brother, do you not see.? Of course there is cooperation on our part. But our old nature cannot... will not... accept being yoked to Christ, to do His bidding, not ours. If we are to walk with Christ, we must come to the point of agreeing with Him for two cannot walk... or plow..... together, unless they be agreed. And He is the lead ox. 

Samctification only can truly begin  when we cast off our old nature by faith and put on our new one, a nature that want to plow with Him. We cannot escape Romans 7 in our old natures.

They that are in the flesh cannot please Him.

Nothing profits but a new nature.

When we finally simply accept these as truth, no matter what it does to our theology, we will find ourselves in the desperately glorious place where our only hope is to believe. 

But as long as we try to seperate out the two, justifcation and sanctification, where one can be justified but with no desire at all to be totally His, set apart. For His use, we put ourselves at great risk. Our mentality has led us to the point where sanctification is not even in our top ten subjects of interest as Christians.

Why? Because we feel it is a lost cause to look into it. Our reasoning? We think there is nothing we can do anyway, so heck, why worry about it? When was the last time any of us heard a message from our pastor warning us that without holiness, no man shall see rhe Lord? See what I mean? 

We have escaped Egypt, but have been wandering in circles for what seems like forever, always learning, never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. We have a form of godliness, but deny the power of it. We think we have need of nothing and are totally blind to our desperately precarious state. 

We say we believe the Bible? We have simply cherry picked the parts we like, acting like we have the truth and no one is going to convince us otherwise. “We do not need anything, we have the blood of Jesus.” But you know what, when the dark clouds move in, and they are coming, and the shaking begins, and it will, if our foundation is not Jesus ALONE,  with Him ruling and reigning over us, we will crumble and fall, no matter how much we say we love the Lord now. This is not a possibilty, but a surety. 

I am praying that this fate is not for even  one soul reading these words. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

What do you think is the 2nd half of the Gospel? I don't believe it exists.

That is in a manner of speaking, to help our understanding.  There is only one gospel, but most are not aware of all that it encompasses, the fullness of it.  It is not taught or preached in it's entirety, and unbelief has a role in blinding us to it.  What is mostly taught is just the imputed part....what has been imputed to us.....we kind of believe it in theory but don't really believe or understand that we also can and need to apprehend the imputed promises of the gospel in actuality in our real life now.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That was referring to those who trusted in works and appealed to their works, not to a "one time prayer."  You are in the habit of misrepresenting verses and ripping them from their immediate context to support a works-based system of salvation.

The point of that passage was about having a righteousness that exceeded the works-based system of the Pharisees and Sadducees who thought their works would save them in eternity.

Not one of those verses you cherry-picked have anything to do with a Christian losing salvation.

Sanctification is a work of the Holy Spirit on the heart of a believer to conform him or her into image of Christ.   It has no bearing on salvation.   It is not an add-on to being saved.  It is about living and growing in holiness.  

The irony is that you are promoting the same works-based system of salvation that those who heard those dreaded words were trusting in.   The holiness that God demands, He also provides.   Everything required for salvation is given to us by the Lord.   Salvation is HIS work.  It is not us in cooperation with God.   Salvation is Jesus + 0.

Who is? Anyone who is not pursuing holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.

Can you honestly tell me that most Christians are actively trying to live holy lives, or at least figure out what the fly in the ointment is that is making it such an impossible place to walk in? To not do so is, in effect, doing just that.

It is declaring “Well, I am saved, and that is the important part. Simce holiness is optional, I am not going to pursue it, or even desire it,  because I cannot make myself holy. God is going to do it over time. Oh, I may sin a little, but at least they are not bad sins, and grace  covers them, right? “

That brother, is the classic definition of turning the grace of God into lasciviousness. The blood of Jesus, shed to FREE US from the power of darkness, is instead limited by our unbelief and lack of desire, to simply forgive us again.... and again... and again, with us having almost ZERO desire to get free indeed. And we think this is what God intended when He sent His Son to die in our place and buy for us new natures that indeed could be transformed by His indwelling us into His image? And in all this, we do not think we may need to be awakened?

Lord, have mercy on us until you awaken us from our callous lack of concern and contentment without godliness of character. 

Gideon

50 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

What most do not see, and cannot until their minds are renewed after putting off the old man and putting on the new, is that this is NOT works based salvation. It is FAITH and faith alone. When we finally are walking in our new man, we discover that we not only want to do His will, but that we CAN do it. Why? Because it is no more us that live, but Christ who lives in us. 

He does it, IN US! Just as He promised, He actually causes us to walk obediently. That is why it is not work as we have been led to believe. As we continue to hold up our shields of faith, trusting that He indeed will cause us both  to will AND TO DO of His good pleasure, to our amazement, He does just that. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

1 john 1:8

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

I have explained this verse time and again. I pray you finally see that 1John was written that we sin not. It would be impossible to both accept this in the way it is understood and at the same time come to the place where we have no more consciousness of sin, as promised in Hebrews. 

This verse is following up the verses immediately preceding it, where John tells us that Jesus came to die for us so that we could be forgiven of our sins. Then he follows with this verse, saying, in effect, “Now if anyone says they have no need for Jesus because they have no sins that need forgiving, they are liars.” 

How do we know this is the case? Just continue reading the other chapters. They contain verses that should terrify us, or at least make us question our understanding, but instead, we go back to our steadfast defenses of Romans 7 and 1John 1:8 in order to hold fast our position that we have need of nothing. 

Our standard is simply non-existant. Say a prayer. Get Heaven. We have made free synonymous with cheap. May God awaken us to our state. The world sees our shallow hypocrisy. We do not. Yet. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

6 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I have explained this verse time and again. I pray you finally see that 1John was written that we sin not. It would be impossible to both accept this in the way it is understood and at the same time come to the place where we have no more consciousness of sin, as promised in Hebrews. 

This verse is following up the verses immediately preceding it, where John tells us that Jesus came to die for us so that we could be forgiven of our sins. Then he follows with this verse, saying, in effect, “Now if anyone says they have no need for Jesus because they have no sins that need forgiving, they are liars.” 

How do we know this is the case? Just continue reading the other chapters. They contain verses that should terrify us, or at least make us question our understanding, but instead, we go back to our steadfast defenses of Romans 7 and 1John 1:8 in order to hold fast our position that we have need of nothing. 

Our standard is simply non-existant. Say a prayer. Get Heaven. We have made free synonymous with cheap. May God awaken us to our state. The world sees our shallow hypocrisy. We do not. Yet. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

I was pulling it out of context intentionally, to make a point. ;)

4 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

4 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Brother, at almost 69, my Spirit is speeding up, praise God, but my brain is slowing down, lol. Can you make it a bit clearer for me? Right now, I am clueless as to how to respond. :)

me