Not me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

“Teacher”, said the Student, “I have tried what you suggested, I have tried over and over. Prayed about it with tears even and it doesn’t seem to work. I am convinced of the Scriptural accuracy of the teaching. I have memorized all the appropriate verses. But when I apply them. There’s no strength or power in them. They are like dead words. I find myself giving into my fallen nature again and again.”

The Teacher responded “Blessed are you that you have given yourself totally and completely to this doctrine. For it is most true and the only way given onto man that He might overcome the old man and his deeds. Your problem is not that you don’t intellectually know this truth, for you most certainly do. But the problem is it’s only a thought in your mind. As information stored in a book. It has all of your mind and that’s a good and proper thing. For it must be there first. But for the teaching to produce it’s fruit it must be moved from the mind to the Spirit. For only the Spirit can correctly discern and apply the teaching. 

The student interrupted the Teacher. “but Teacher how can I get the information from my head to my heart.”

The teacher smiled, and said, “this hunger you have after the things of God, if you keep this hunger alive and well feed, is the first forming of Christ in you. It will in time teach you all you need to know. For the Spirit that has been made to dwell in you is more willing to teach you than you are to learn. Only at any and all cost keep this hunger after God as your most important possession. For it is certainly Gods gift to you. By it He is drawing you to Himself.”

After hearing this the Students heart was refreshed, purposing to give Himself even more diligently to his personal relationship with Christ. For He saw with a new clarity that this relationship, with  Christ, was Christ being formed in him. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Did the adulterous woman ever say , BUT LORD I cant stop sinning , WHEN HE SAID GO and SIN NO MORE .

WE NEED to TEACH like the Apostels did .   REBUKE when one errs , set the pattern up THEY DID .  

This sounds almost like a combo of a confuscious meets jesus type   .     IF one sins,  CORRECT ASAP.  IF WE HAVE THE SPIRIT the body is dead because of sin . Time to graven it up a bit .

I never heard paul and them JUST preach the same stuff over and over when it came to error .  THEY ALSO PUT A HOLY FEAR of GOD into hearts .

This is the part I no seeing .    We cant change the pattern the early church set up .   IT WORKS ,   warn a soul ,  OH they WILL CRY OUT and GOD WLL HEAR and send them all

the aide they need to OVERCOME any temptation .   but keep teaching like this ,   NOPE it aint gonna happen.   GET back to the early church pattern

IT WORKS ,  it worked on me .    some save with fear others with compassion.   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Did the adulterous woman ever say , BUT LORD I cant stop sinning , WHEN HE SAID GO and SIN NO MORE .

WE NEED to TEACH like the Apostels did .   REBUKE when one errs , set the pattern up THEY DID .  

This sounds almost like a combo of a confuscious meets jesus type   .     IF one sins,  CORRECT ASAP.  IF WE HAVE THE SPIRIT the body is dead because of sin . Time to graven it up a bit .

I never heard paul and them JUST preach the same stuff over and over when it came to error .  THEY ALSO PUT A HOLY FEAR of GOD into hearts .

This is the part I no seeing .    We cant change the pattern the early church set up .   IT WORKS ,   warn a soul ,  OH they WILL CRY OUT and GOD WLL HEAR and send them all

the aide they need to OVERCOME any temptation .   but keep teaching like this ,   NOPE it aint gonna happen.   GET back to the early church pattern

IT WORKS ,  it worked on me .    some save with fear others with compassion.   

Blessed are you for your hunger after God. May He be enlarged in your innermost being. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Without new birth the capacity for the Spiritual things is just not there
ye must be born again!

• Praise God! 2

11 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Without new birth the capacity for the Spiritual things is just not there
ye must be born again!

Lets repeat that one more time .  YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN .  

• Praise God! 1

And now a simple word .    When some of us preach on HOLINESS , RIGHTEOUS LIVING ,   go and sin no more .    WE HAVE LONG < LONG known

this is ONLY POSSIBLE if ONE IS BORN AGAIN .   and if one does err,  he or she must be corrected and corrected asap and in the pattern JESUS TAUGHT

and the APOSTELS FOLLOWED and Taught .    Because a man is serious and warns about the dangers of falling ,    does not make him not born again .

IFthat were the case ,   GOODNIGHT what about ALL them apostels who warned like no other warned .   AND I KNOW they were born again .

• This is Worthy 1

I got TWO words for those high and mighty scholars who invented techniques to go AROUND what was written .

READY .

YOU FALSE .    And this lamb wont follow men like that .    IF men have to twist certain parts of the bible to fit the pattern of THIER OWN BELIEF , THEIR OWN TEACHING ,

they in upmost grave danger .

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

I got TWO words for those high and mighty scholars who invented techniques to go AROUND what was written .

READY .

YOU FALSE .    And this lamb wont follow men like that .    IF men have to twist certain parts of the bible to fit the pattern of THIER OWN BELIEF , THEIR OWN TEACHING ,

they in upmost grave danger .

And what most don't realize is this .   I notice the high and mighty scholars who brought THIER version of the greek into churches and teach THIER version

of what THEY say the hermuantics means .    IT SURE AGREES with concepts that we cant fall away .    This is not new

look at how many have done this before .   Jehovas,   their GREEK sure did omit certain parts ,  Mormons ,  prosperity gospel

and talk about the mark of the beast ,  I think we have at least three different versions of greek and EACH version SUPPORTS the PRE CONCIEVED belief of its TEACHER .

YEAH ,   we really DO NEED TO START OVER IN THE BIBLE FOR OURSELVES , READ IT , FOLLOW CHRIST , seek ask and knock and things become clearer in time .

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Not me said:

“Teacher”, said the Student, “I have tried what you suggested, I have tried over and over. Prayed about it with tears even and it doesn’t seem to work. I am convinced of the Scriptural accuracy of the teaching. I have memorized all the appropriate verses. But when I apply them. There’s no strength or power in them. They are like dead words. I find myself giving into my fallen nature again and again.”

The Teacher responded “Blessed are you that you have given yourself totally and completely to this doctrine. For it is most true and the only way given onto man that He might overcome the old man and his deeds. Your problem is not that you don’t intellectually know this truth, for you most certainly do. But the problem is it’s only a thought in your mind. As information stored in a book. It has all of your mind and that’s a good and proper thing. For it must be there first. But for the teaching to produce it’s fruit it must be moved from the mind to the Spirit. For only the Spirit can correctly discern and apply the teaching. 

The student interrupted the Teacher. “but Teacher how can I get the information from my head to my heart.”

The teacher smiled, and said, “this hunger you have after the things of God, if you keep this hunger alive and well feed, is the first forming of Christ in you. It will in time teach you all you need to know. For the Spirit that has been made to dwell in you is more willing to teach you than you are to learn. Only at any and all cost keep this hunger after God as your most important possession. For it is certainly Gods gift to you. By it He is drawing you to Himself.”

After hearing this the Students heart was refreshed, purposing to give Himself even more diligently to his personal relationship with Christ. For He saw with a new clarity that this relationship, with  Christ, was Christ being formed in him. 

Not me.....with respect I just want to point out that I think we need to be careful about preaching "relationship with Christ" as being the arbiter of truth and untruth......it is just far too subjective to be reliable and allows too much leeway for the flesh.  One person's relationship with Christ can teach him one thing, and another's relationship with Christ can teach another person something completely opposite.  It happens all the time.   Shouldn't rather the Word of God be the firm ground that we stand on, believe, and entrust our eternal souls to?  This is why we are told to test the spirits....against what?  Against the Word.  And it is in obeying the Word that we follow Jesus and receive the things of the kingdom.  People all over Christendom are having relationships with all kinds of Christs, except the real one.  I would even say this is adding to the word of God, because scripture doesn't teach it that way, and I do pray that you will re-consider your thinking on that line.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Not me said:

Blessed are you for your hunger after God. May He be enlarged in your innermost being. 

hoo boy, sorry, but if there were a "roll the eyes" option I would have to choose it here.  It sounds like a flower-child of the sixties smoking something they shouldn't.  ;)  I am not trying to be rude, but hoping to make a point, in love.

• Thumbs Up 1