• Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I wish I was single again...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am single again. (widowed)

I miss being married.

Guest Jules

This was an interesting topic to read. I haven't been with anyone since I've been a Christian over ten years ago. Life as a Christian is so totally different than what I knew so it's almost like growing up all over again the way I should have to begin with. Reading your posts, it's so interesting to see the different views. Especially from the men. I wasn't sure what to believe about if there were men out there that would want a real relationship without pushing for sex. I've sort of been afraid to try again even though I get lonely as being single because I really want to do it right in the eyes of God if I meet a guy who I may build a relationship with. Of course I'm not doing anything to go out and meet them either but I do wonder about these things. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being truthful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

Believe me when I say this, just make sure if and when you do get married, the person truly is a Christian and not a "wolf in sheep's clothing." If you get any indication whatsoever that this person is going to be trouble, take a BIG step back and rethink what is happening. Don't let your emotions override or drown out what God is trying to tell you. Look before you leap.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

i think you've missed the point! Dating as western society potrays isn't that good , but that does not exclude looking for a mate!

The whole point of criticizing dating is to open up alternatives. if you don't pursue the alternatives then you are not serious about finding a mate!

kissing and sex is not God's way is the point. Thus if you are interested in someone, be their friend! After your friendship develops then you could be ready to marry.

So the first step is to find someone you are interested in to be just a friend and then do friend things....together with other friends. go to the zoo, shopping, sport, museum, church activities etc.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/30/1975

Especially from the men.  I wasn't sure what to believe about if there were men out there that would want a real relationship without pushing for sex. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen. Now that I am 30, it's so difficult to find a "good one" that isn't already attached or has such great insurmountable emotional baggage. I just keep believeing that when it's time, God will provide :blink: