• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Yowm said:

No. It is evident that the church was to hand him over to satan for the destruction of the flesh that the spirit may be saved IN THE DAY OF THE LORD. That is what is evident.

Just now, Yowm said:

No. It is evident that the church was to hand him over to satan for the destruction of the flesh that the spirit may be saved IN THE DAY OF THE LORD. That is what is evident.

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

And what of those I asked about today? Those who once walked with God and have fallen into deep sin, and with no desire at all to return to the fold.... what do you tell them? Are they still Heaven bound? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Butero said:

I believe he would have gone to hell if he didn't repent.  Still, the Bible says he repented so all is well.

He was saved when he believed the Gospel or Paul is a liar.....that would make Jesus a liar because He is the one that told Paul to tell us that if we simply believed His Gospel,we would be saved.Adding to the Gospel like claiming that in reality that which “ actually” saves is believing the Gospel PLUS getting in that last second of  life repentance is putting oneself on VERY dangerous ground.God help those who preach it.

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Speculation. I am speaking of what actually happened and was spoken under Divine inspiration.

I want your thought on the matter. If a former Christian who fell away and became a child molester came to  you and asked if you believed he was still saved, what would your answer be? 

54 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well look at that .     Look at the summation of this .     Even if the one continues in darkness of sin ,   HEY if he believes , HE is still saved .

Sum it up .   this is what OSAS has done .    this is what I have worried about for so long .   they teaching you absolutely cannot fall away .     I tried to tell us this was the sum of that mindset and where it leads .    PAUL said let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity and this mindset says , YOU CANT lose salvation no matter what ya do .   I was a waiting for this response .    

You say you were waiting for this response?   I am happy to oblige. Faith plus nothing.

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

He was saved when he believed the Gospel or Paul is a liar.....that would make Jesus a liar because He is the one that told Paul to tell us that if we simply believed His Gospel,we would be saved.Adding to the Gospel like claiming that in reality that which “ actually” saves is believing the Gospel PLUS getting in that last second of  life repentance is putting oneself on VERY dangerous ground.God help those who preach it.

Was it not Paul who also said that if we did not continue in His goodness, we also would be cut off? That is in Romans 11 by the way.  Did he not say that he kept his body under, lest, after preaching to other, He himself might become a cast away? One cannot build a doctrine from a few scriptures that support their  agenda. We have to take ALL the word of God as our guide.

Blessings,

Gids

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 minutes ago, Butero said:

The doctrine that claims the man in Corinth was turned over to the devil in order to cause him to die early so he can be saved is adding to salvation by faith alone.  It is saying grace would run out at some point, so he had to die early to be saved.  Satan gets part of the credit.  Anyone teaching that has much to worry about.

In addition, those who teach it takes faith plus doctrinal purity to be saved are adding to the gospel.  They are claiming that unless you believe in unconditional eternal security in addition to believing Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and that he came in the flesh, you cannot be saved.  Those who preach this have much to worry about.  They are on dangerous ground.  

As you know butero they teach that in error .    the supposed man they say DIED,    HE DID NOT he LIVED and repented .     THAT is what I have been trying to also say this whole time .

HE DID NOT DIE .  

11 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You say you were waiting for this response?   I am happy to oblige. Faith plus nothing.

BUT FAITH PLUS SIN  DONT SAVE ANYONE .   so as you said FIATH IN JESUS is all it takes , BUT IF OUR FAITH , OUR TRUST is in HIM , WE FOLLOW and OBEY HIM

to the end ,  not middle way , not most of the way.  TO THE LAST BREATH .    

19 minutes ago, Butero said:

The doctrine that claims the man in Corinth was turned over to the devil in order to cause him to die early so he can be saved is adding to salvation by faith alone.  It is saying grace would run out at some point, so he had to die early to be saved.  Satan gets part of the credit.  Anyone teaching that has much to worry about.

In addition, those who teach it takes faith plus doctrinal purity to be saved are adding to the gospel.  They are claiming that unless you believe in unconditional eternal security in addition to believing Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and that he came in the flesh, you cannot be saved.  Those who preach this have much to worry about.  They are on dangerous ground.  

Here is a simple way to see it .    Peter was saying OBEY CHRIST FOR IT IS HE IN YOU THAT IS WORKING that which is well pleasing in HIS SIGHT .

But what does the first part say ,   DOES it say WORK out you rewards with fear and trembling ,  OR DOES IT SAY SALVATION .

GUESS here comes more hermunuetics .        PETER said YOUR SALVATION , not your gifts and rewards you get at the end .   

WE must OBEY JESUS and FOLLOW HIM TO THE END .   OR WE WILL BE TOLD I NEVER KNEW YA .  fact not fiction .    OBEY the SPIRIT , walk after the SPIRIT

And again how many dire warnings did the churches get again .       Not only does peter and paul talk about how one can fall away after believing

CHECK THIS OUT .     GOD tells that church YOU BETTER DO THE WORKS YOU DID AT THE BEGINNING ,    DO IT , RETURN TO THAT FIRST LOVE and DO THE WORKS YOU ONCE DID

OR candle gets put out .   NOW let scripture reveal what that means .     PROVERBS,  and the CANDLE of the WICKED shall be PUT OUT .   YEAH ITS DEAD SEROIUS TIME AGAIN .

27 minutes ago, Butero said:

What some in here are teaching is it took the devil to save this man's soul in the end.  That is ludicrous. 

What really happened to the man in Corinth is he was put out of the church and turned over to Satan because Paul was hoping he would repent as a result of separation and sickness and get saved again and make it to heaven.  That is what happened.  The devil causing the man to die early wouldn't be necessary if he was eternally secure.  

This man was disgracing God’s church and God will only put up with so much.God was as angry with the church as He was with the sinner because they were doing nothing about it and were even proud about it.He was turned over to Satan for punishment and repentance.Had God done nothing, it would be like putting His stamp of approval on it.God would have killed the guy if necessary to show an on- looking church and the world that the Body of Christ is different from the world.God chastises His children,if He doesn’t we are none of His.No mention anywhere that he lost his salvation and was saved again by repentance.He had Gods Curse on Him but he was not lost.

14 minutes ago, Butero said:

The text says he was turned over to Satan for the destruction of his body that his soul may be saved.  Taken as you see it, that would mean it took his body being destroyed by Satan to save his soul.  As I am reading what you just wrote, I agree with much of it.  This was a chastisement, and chastisement is meant to bring a person back to God.  This man came back to the Lord.  The text never says the man was going to heaven if he didn't repent.  

Lets suppose for a moment that you are correct, and the man was still saved.  He could be in the act of passion with the woman he was committing adultery and incest with, die of a massive heart attack, and go to heaven, and hear the words, "well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joys of the Lord."  After all, his sins, past, present and future are all forgiven, right?  At the same time, you go around claiming a person that gets saved the same way you did, lives for Christ till the end, but rejects unconditional eternal security is in danger of hell fire.  That is completely absurd to me.  

I am late for  Harley ride to Moms.....gotta make this fast.....will return to debate later.There are many people that are saved and do not know it. I think your crowd is saved if they believe the Gospel..That is the one and only “ test”.Simply Believe it .If Paul left anything out it would have been beyond cruel.If you believe this you are my brother.....if you don’t believe in eternal security, to me you are giving up your assurance and you will only know a fraction of joy God has for us who totally trust in His finished work. I used to think like your crowd.I have seen both sides and you have not.You guys fail to understand that all the stuff you worry about like continued sinning, disobedience, failure to repent——I am no different than you guys. I am not looking for A license to sin anymore than I am looking for a drano enama. I could choose that but who wants to? Objectively speaking, and not that it matters for salvation,  my performance probably is better than most of the crowd that so dislikes my crowd.A can’t even kill a bug in the house without feeling guilty( I always turn them loose lol) so how much of a sinful life do you really think I lead? We have the same goals for a life pleasing to God....we just go about it differently.You guys obey because you think your salvation depends on it....there has to be a constant anxiety attached to that....little true joy , no true Sabbathing or rest in Him. I obey because God changed me from the inside out and if there is something that I can do or refuse to do that will cost me my salvation I trust God to see that I will not do it.I have staked the Eternal Lives of myself and my family on that.Its called trust.I believe that is what God is looking for.Faith. We give Him that and in return He will give us everything.

The only place we have a serious difference is when some try to do what I sincerely believe is adding to Paul’s Gospel with ANYTHING.Even If it sounds good.Repentance after salvation comes automatically to me since I became a man of faith. It dies not keep me saved....it restores my peace with God.Using it as a must for salvation in my opinion is adding to the Gospel and is dangerous ground.Other than that,you can believe in NOSAS .....God's gonna get us all Home , some just will not enjoy the ride as much as others.God bless