hardest people to witness to

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

i once read this quite in a book called the death  of a guru.  In it  the former Hindu guru turned Christian pastor  indicated that the hardest people  tovreach with the gospel are the long time  church attending individuals  ie people who go to church all that life  but never actually  get saved.

what what you think 

20180531_101141.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

I would nominate the “ Jesus saves B U T crowd”....... yeah,sure, we all know Jesus saves but after that you gotta ( insert your favorite work here—- keep the commandments,repent of sins the Blood dies not cover,etc)

Perhaps no problem for you....it’s a problem for Paul and Jesus.....it’s called adding to the Gospel and any addition to the Paul’s Gospel will cause the one that promotes it to be accursed.I pray newbies do not fall for a false gospel that “ sounds good” because human pride thinks it just HAS to do something to contribute to what Jesus accomplished at the cross.It is an insult to the Blood.It tramples it underfoot as worthless.Faith plus nothing.

Those that add to Paul’s Gospel are accursed.....if you are not doing this by saying that one must repent from all willful sins before you die, just who IS adding to the Gospel.....please provide an example of what you consider adding to the gospel so we can let viewers decide....let me go on record here as saying I believe that if we believe that Jesus died for our sins (ALL sins,no mention of whether willful or not) and believe that God raised Him from the dead on the third day we will be saved.Nothing else necessary.Nothing.

12 minutes ago, Yowm said:

They know that if they keep following Jesus, they will follow him straight into heaven.  It is only when you leave the sheep fold you risk losing your salvation.  

We follow Jesus by following Paul.....Jesus said to do this and Paul recorded it......we follow Paul by believing his Gospel.....he said we are saved by believing it.....end of story.....unless you want to be accursed and add to this story.....we will be judged by this Gospel.....Paul said so...it is hidden from those that perish.....important stuff, that Gospel......I am happy to be one that does not pervert it.....they have fallen from grace... Christ is of no effect for those who mess with His Gospel.....I wonder if any posters here are guilty of that?..... I am the true “ chief of sinners” as Paul never got to meet me when he wrote that “ he” was—— but I don’t pervert the Gospel..... I simply believe it......unless Paul is a liar, I am saved..... I bet my life Paul dies not lie or leave out something that is crucial when he gives the formula for salvation.To not say “ oh yeah,I forgot to add that in addition to what I just told you, make sure you do not die with sins that the Blood was inadequate to cover”. It pains me to even type it— “inadequate Blood”..... wow......that is the true trampling of Christ’s Blood underfoot.Poorly taught Believers need to wake up.

18 minutes ago, Butero said:

It is not adding to anything when it is in the Bible, and what is in dispute is an interpretation.  Even George's commentary understood Hebrews to be saying a real Christian can lose salvation if they become apostates.  They are not adding to anything either.  The only way you can add to the Bible is to actually write in text that isn't there.  We are speaking of how you interpret the existing text.  

I am am not talking about adding to the  Bible.....that would be abhorrent..... I am talking specifically about adding to the Gospel thAt Paul warns is not to be added to......please do not try to skirt the issue at hand....it is clear that I do not add to it.....show me how you do not add to it with your “ lucky, fortunate-timing repentance.” Once again , let’s let the viewers decide.

Time for Harley ride.... back later

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

2 hours ago, Butero said:

Except for that instance where you added to what Jesus said about those he never knew, I don't know of any other instances where you added to the gospel, but you did there.  You penciled an explanation into the text that doesn't exist except in your mind.  .

As far as adding to the gospel, I made it clear this is a matter of interpretation.  I added nothing that wasn't already there.  It is there in Hebrews.  It is there in James.  It is there is 30 plus scriptures Cletus posted.  I haven't added to anything.  If I go by your definition of adding to the gospel, it is people that use extra-Biblical arguments based on church history and culture that are adding to the gospel.   I am taking the Bible as written.  We had someone adding to the Bible by claiming the vines were sucker vines that were cut off.  That is adding to the gospel, if we are using your argument, that person would be accursed.  

Yes, let all of the nice viewers out in TV land decide who if anyone is adding to the gospel.  :cool:

Except for that instance where you added to what Jesus said about those he never knew

as they say...” that dog won’t hunt” I know it must be killing you to try to defend something that has to be obvious to anybody that has “ eyes to see” . Trying to turn the tables on somebody can be a great way to make a point or even to win a debate.....thing is though , you have to have ammunition.You are still skirting the issue—— for the purposes of this debate, I don’t care if I added to the Ten Commandments—- I am talking about adding specifically to Paul’s Gospel thAt he warned not to be added to.Fact is you add to it and can’t get out of it.You say Gospel plus a last second, squeezed in repentance of all sins not covered by the blood.Dont compare your false  gospel with the simple STAND ALONE Gospel that Jesus promises will save.Gonna be a sad day for those who claim His Gospel  could not stand on its own for salvation.Tell Jesus and Paul about the inadequate blood that does not cover ALL sins.A heavenly audience will be straining to keep a straight face.

please feel free to repost whatever it was I said that you got wrong.I will be happy to straighten you out when you misunderstand things I post here.Viewers please note I am hard-core OSAS and Paul’s Gospel saves— plus nothing.Anythig trotted out that appears to violate my basic beliefs is something that has been misunderstood.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

3 hours ago, Butero said:

Many false prophets think they are saved.  Those that falsely accuse the true brethren of being accursed for not accepting false doctrine in my opinion are likely not saved.

I constantly and consistently preach Paul’s Gospel and that only for salvation.Are you claiming that is “ false gospel” You can see my doctrine in the Bible (1cor15:1-4).Where do I see “ Christ’s Blood does not cover any will ful sins that have not been repented of”. Share it with an on-looking world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

i once read this quite in a book called the death  of a guru.  In it  the former Hindu guru turned Christian pastor  indicated that the hardest people  tovreach with the gospel are the long time  church attending individuals  ie people who go to church all that life  but never actually  get saved.

what what you think

Lets see, ah, what were we.....Oh yeah!  The Hardest people to witness to......

It's been my experience,    'Ya gotta get em lost, before ya can get em saved'

• This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, Gary Lee said:

Lets see, ah, what were we.....Oh yeah!  The Hardest people to witness to......

It's been my experience,    'Ya gotta get em lost, before ya can get em saved'

Exactly! Who on Earth turns to a Savior to save them unless they see that they are hopelessly lost and can’t save themselves.I think skeptics and new Believers should read the sermon on the mound and the first two chapters of Romans . If they can make it through that and not see the they are sinners that must have a Savior , they might be  beyond hope.