• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

There was a cartoon of the L,W &wardrobe in the late 60s or early 70s that was good. That was the first time I ever heard of it :huh:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

http://www.timechangermovie.com/

I think it was Wayne who directed me to this one. Thanks whoever it was :huh: this was a great movie!!

God Bless,

Dave

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/13/1978

National Treasure= Nicholas Cage= is SOOOO Good!!!!!! I watched it is school for history class lol. It just now came out on DVD. It had nothing bad at all in it. Just plain good treasure huntin.

Yep... I highly recommend National Treasure! Great movie.

National Treasure= Nicholas Cage= is SOOOO Good!!!!!! I watched it is school for history class lol. It just now came out on DVD. It had nothing bad at all in it. Just plain good treasure huntin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try doing a google on the knight's templar

You may be surprised to find it aint as nicey nicey as you think :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You may be surprised to find it aint as nicey nicey as you think :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh... I know that. It is a fairly clean movie... and very entertaining, which is what watching movies is all about. If you wanted, you could rip it to shreds by going into the Masons, the Knights templar, relate it to the Da Vinci Code... and all that garb...

:blink: ...that would be going down a rabbit trail here in this thread though.

:)

Shalom,

Lane

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

http://www.familytv.com/

Check out the above link...it has great values and morals...you can read their statement of why they started this company...I think you'll like what you see...now you do have to purchase these movies...but the prices are good.

I will be doing all my ordering for the family section in the video store I'm going to manage from this company  :blink:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Angel!! Have a great day!! :)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh... I know that. It is a fairly clean movie... and very entertaining, which is what watching movies is all about. If you wanted, you could rip it to shreds by going into the Masons, the Knights templar, relate it to the Da Vinci Code... and all that garb...

Shalom,

Lane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I think we all have different sets of values, meaning that we are all impacted in different ways by things, depending upon our level of sensitivity. So, what might bother me might not bother someone else. Now, I do believe that we need to all keep Christ and his Word as our guide for our value system, but you know some of this falls in that category of "disputable" matters. One man's faith allows him to do one thing, but another man's faith does not allow him to do the same. My husband and I used to be more lenient in our choices of movies, making some allowances for the sake of enjoyment and entertainment, but personally we became convicted that we needed to set a higher standard for ourselves. We have often rented movies and then turned them off and not watched them because we found something in them that was not listed on the jacket. We've even walked out of the theatre a time or two.

One of the ones we walked out on was "Pleasantville." Now, my son and daughter-in-law watched it and they did not see anything wrong with it. But, I felt it was a slap in the face to anything good or Christian or of high morals. If any of you have seen it, did you notice how everyone turned to color when they sinned? Sin was made out as a good thing, and being good was made out as a bad thing. I don't know how the movie ended, because we did not stay. It terribly offended me, because it was mocking good and glorifying bad. To me, it was a slap in the face to God who is the author of all things good and moral and right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shalom,

Lane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I think we all have different sets of values, meaning that we are all impacted in different ways by things, depending upon our level of sensitivity. So, what might bother me might not bother someone else. Now, I do believe that we need to all keep Christ and his Word as our guide for our value system, but you know some of this falls in that category of "disputable" matters. One man's faith allows him to do one thing, but another man's faith does not allow him to do the same. My husband and I used to be more lenient in our choices of movies, making some allowances for the sake of enjoyment and entertainment, but personally we became convicted that we needed to set a higher standard for ourselves. We have often rented movies and then turned them off and not watched them because we found something in them that was not listed on the jacket. We've even walked out of the theatre a time or two.

One of the ones we walked out on was "Pleasantville." Now, my son and daughter-in-law watched it and they did not see anything wrong with it. But, I felt it was a slap in the face to anything good or Christian or of high morals. If any of you have seen it, did you notice how everyone turned to color when they sinned? Sin was made out as a good thing, and being good was made out as a bad thing. I don't know how the movie ended, because we did not stay. It terribly offended me, because it was mocking good and glorifying bad. To me, it was a slap in the face to God who is the author of all things good and moral and right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chalk another one up for Hellywood

Sue,

I'm definitely agreed with you on Pleasantville... we all must remember that most movies come out of Hollywood... where they praise Michael Moore and scorn Mel Gibson... where bad is good and good is evil.

I watch MUCH less TV than I used to watch. If I do watch, I watch Fox News or even more often