only praying

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Something I noticed that we Christians can be unconsciously  guilty and must be aware of .Note- I'm not trivializing  the need for  or impact of prayer . but i find  sometimes  we may not realize we  maybe unintentionally pass up on opportunities to help or be there for  people  by  only stepping back to pray  for them 

20180609_211229.jpg

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Pro_17:17  A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Pro_27:9  Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.

Pro_18:24  A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Prayer is sometimes the best thing we can do.  When a person is being attacked by the enemy as in your illustration, and they are without hope, we can't do much but God can.  The person on the phone should have offered more opportunity to listen to his friend, through, had he been more sensitive.  Sometimes a person most needs a friend to talk to.  We can't always be there in person.  

We have had people on worthy who repeatedly say they have survived suicide attempts.  These people also need Christian professional help.  A good many survivors are looking for attention.  The people who are serious about it  will most often do it in such a way that there is absolutely no way a person can survive.  But all thoughts of suicide need to be taken seriously and family and authorities should be informed.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Never a happy tune to sing?

Ya know some pictures are not worth  a single word.

It is painful to see or be surprised by such a guilt trip  "cartoon" when one of the family did hang themself at home in their bedroom while family were home. Family that prayed for and worked with the person that did hang themself anyway, even though they had relationship with God, had a pastor, and a loving family.

I suspect one can encourage prayer and action for others without the guilt trip cartoon images. In fact I suspect it would be more effective than trying to lay on guilt trips.  

I guess ignore is the answer for me, I have had enough of this kind of "stuff"..

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Never a happy tune to sing?

Ya know some pictures are not worth  a single word.

It is painful to see or be surprised by such a guilt trip  "cartoon" when one of the family did hang themself at home in their bedroom while family were home. Family that prayed for and worked with the person that did hang themself anyway, even though they had relationship with God, had a pastor, and a loving family.

I suspect one can encourage prayer and action for others without the guilt trip cartoon images. In fact I suspect it would be more effective than trying to lay on guilt trips.  

I guess ignore is the answer for me, I have had enough of this kind of "stuff"..

Sorry for your loss but  theres no guilt trip here, its an encouragement for us to be there more for others. As you notice the man on the other end has no idea that the other man is going to do whet he did. The point simply is hat as christians some of us need to make a greater effort in reaching out to each other in times of need. The man didnt even bother to ask his friend what the issue or problem was but rather  just said hell pray for him and go. stories have been told of people saved from the brink by someone taking the time to check in on them and listen to them and other complaints of people becoming embittered by their fellow christians not bothering to  show support for them in tough times , just pray.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Something I noticed that we Christians can be unconsciously  guilty and must be aware of .Note- I'm not trivializing  the need for  or impact of prayer . but i find  sometimes  we may not realize we  maybe unintentionally pass up on opportunities to help or be there for  people  by  only stepping back to pray  for them 

Thanks for reminding me cm. I agree.  I need to be more sensitive to those going through troubled times. I have told friends before I would pray for them when ask for prayer, and then forgot. Now I immediately will intercede lest I do forget.  I have found I don't have to try to fix problems all the time, but just give freely my time to listen, and show interest. We are in troubling times. I see many requests here at Worthy for help and advise in the outer court, seeking. Needy topic.

“Every day in the United States, 22 veterans succumb to suicide — losing their personal battle to invisible wounds of war.”, totaling over 8,000 veteran suicides each year — I repeat, 8,000 veteran suicides each year.”               (These are only the reported ones)

Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US for all ages. (CDC)

Every day, approximately 105 Americans die by suicide. (CDC)

There is one death by suicide in the US every 12 minutes. (CDC)

Suicide takes the lives of over 38,000 Americans every year.