IGNORED

Is it nessasary to go to a priest for confession?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

To any Catholic reading this thread:
If you had need of something and I sent you to a place where they did not have that... how would that remedy your need?
Sin is an affront to God Himself... it is with God alone we violate relationship with Him by sinning... it is telling God that we do not love Him...
Gen 2:17
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
KJV
John 14:21
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
KJV

Now satan has by usurping from his placement by God to the effort of being god and this is with subtly using superior abilities to deceive... that is what your priests are doing whether known to themselves or not they are pawns of lucifer in his effort to be god...

There is only One High Priest God, Himself, in The Person of The Son to Whom we go to for (new being of Life)
John 3:3-5
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
KJV

and to Him we follow through His Word to be known by Him as His possession both now and forever...

Heb 4:15-16
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
KJV

Whoever goes into the confession box never makes it to the throne of grace!!! And the priest that is in there 'IS NOT' Jesus
1 Tim 2:5-6
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
KJV

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,326
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

On 6/14/2018 at 12:47 PM, Im0ne0ddC00kie said:

Hi, I fear that I have commited a mortal sin. I really didn’t have the though of “I was committing a mortal sin” while I was doing it, the thought had really came after I did it. Anyway, my question is is it really nessasary to confess what I’ve done to a priest? I can’t drive yet and I really am uncomfortable with telling a priest. I realize I have sinned against God, I prayed to God asking Him for forgiveness. I’m really sorry for what I did and I will not do it again. Is it okay to go straight to God for forgiveness or do I have to go to a priest? I’ve heard if someone does a PERFECT act of contrition they can be forgiven but that is apparently very unusual. Can someone please help? 

EDIT: When posting this like a day ago I forgot to ask a question, I know the conditions of a mortal sin must be done knowingly. but, would it be a mortal sin if you weren’t thinking that it offended God when you did it but afterwards had a thought that mabye that was mortal sin you commited but did NOT know WHY it was mortal? 

I see you added another question.  Again, mortal sins have to do with Catholic teachings.   There are no such things known as mortal sins in the Christian faith....sin is sin.  And we all should confess our sins to the Lord as the Holy Spirit convicts us of something being a sin.  Then we are forgiven and cleansed.  1 John 1:9.

Have you believed on the Lord as your personal Savior?  If so, you should be assured of your forgiveness as the Bible teaches us.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, I fear that I have commited a mortal sin. I really didn’t have the though of “I was committing a mortal sin” while I was doing it, the thought had really came after I did it. Anyway, my question is is it really nessasary to confess what I’ve done to a priest? I can’t drive yet and I really am uncomfortable with telling a priest. I realize I have sinned against God, I prayed to God asking Him for forgiveness. I’m really sorry for what I did and I will not do it again. Is it okay to go straight to God for forgiveness or do I have to go to a priest? I’ve heard if someone does a PERFECT act of contrition they can be forgiven but that is apparently very unusual. Can someone please help? 

EDIT: When posting this like a day ago I forgot to ask a question, I know the conditions of a mortal sin must be done knowingly. but, would it be a mortal sin if you weren’t thinking that it offended God when you did it but afterwards had a thought that mabye that was mortal sin you commited but did NOT know WHY it was mortal? 

I see you added another question.  Again, mortal sins have to do with Catholic teachings.   There are no such things known as mortal sins in the Christian faith....sin is sin.  And we all should confess our sins to the Lord as the Holy Spirit convicts us of something being a sin.  Then we are forgiven and cleansed.  1 John 1:9.

Have you believed on the Lord as your personal Savior?  If so, you should be assured of your forgiveness as the Bible teaches us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

If you are a member of “the Body of Christ” in this present Age of Grace, God has put all of your sins on the Cross......do the same thing with your sins that He does.....leave them there! 

If you are not a member of the Body of Christ, you have bigger problems than confession or mortal sins....believe the Gospel of Paul , given to him by Christ personally (1cor15:1-4) and don’t add to it with the countless perversions like the Catholics have done.That is the way to “fall from grace” and become “accursed”.Get a Bible you can understand and read Romans first to see how to get saved.It should not take you long to see that most catholic teachings are Hogwash.Ive always claimed that if a person reads thBible from one end to the other it is impossible to come out a Catholic.Some people manage to find salvation IN SPITE OF the Catholic Church......the same thing could be said of countless other “ churches”, so please don’t think I am trying to pick on you.You have my sincere prayers.God bless you

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,619
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/14/2018 at 3:47 PM, Im0ne0ddC00kie said:

Hi  to you.

Your inquiry leaves the impression that you are young, that something you have thought or done has you concerned about your own security and your relationship with your creator. You ask the question "need I confess to a priest", and many have said no, especially not a Roman Catholic Priest.

I see a different issue altogether, this "sin" whatever it is has you worried, and that may be a good thing, though it troubles you terribly at this time.

I suggest that there is more that you need to do then just talk to God about it and confess to Him of your sin. God already knows your sin. Your confession  is not for His awareness but for yours! It pleases Him that you confess, but life has it's responsibilities beyond just confession if you are to continue to grow. 

You have need to grow in physical stature and in your spiritual and mental  stature.  This is something you do need help with  hopefully from a parent or from parents, or  close relative. It is part of growing to learn to lean on others close to you to be able to share and"confess"  faults and  sins,- but not in private to a priest. Instead to God a has been stated by others here, but also then facing the consequence of  sin for there is consequence that needs be attended to more than just confession.

Please try to work through the protective guidance of those God has placed on this earth to raise you up, those that love you the very most, seek to be guided by them, most likely parents. But if that is not possible, who might you work through that is very close and has your best interests at heart?  Ask of them ! Ask  for help with your feelings of having commited sin for which you now have regret.

Do not just come to an annoymous message board for guidance from total strangers though each of us may be praying for your best interests. None of us know your situation, including me! None of us know you like the ones you  presently do not want to disappoint that are close to you. Is it not them that God has placed you near and under their guidance, and has given them the privilege and responsibilty to you raise up? I suggest for your consideration that you pray to God and then honor God by honoring those that He has raising you with sharing of your needs and concerns. Unless there is something that is  so wrong in your environment that you  are in physical danger for sharing, but even then find some local resource, people that will help you personally.

I pray that  all the well intentioned guidance and encouragement by strangers including me are helpful to you, may God guide and protect you, may you grow and flourish, and may God bless those that raise you. Honor them especially. Amen.

Edited by Neighbor