WordSword

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,160
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

To further explain concerning the spiritual growth of believers (which are those born again), all are at a certain level of learning to “walk in the Spirit,” and this learning will continue to progress until we’re taken out of the world. God has each on a preplanned course and are growing in accordance with all that He has purposed concerning our “being conformed to the image of His Son” (Rom 8:29).

This “conformation” is complete concerning being sons (children) of God, as Christ is the Son of God, but concerning living according to God’s holiness and pleasure this involves an unceasing progression, and the position each are at concerning this level of maturity is where God has them—for now—which maturity will ever progress.

John Gill: “He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son; having perfect, distinct, special knowledge of them, joined with love to them, he predetermined, or fore-appointed them in his eternal mind, in his everlasting and unchangeable purposes and decrees to this end, conformity to the image of Christ; which is not to be understood of the Spirit of Christ: God's elect indeed are chosen to be holy, and through sanctification of the Spirit.”

12 hours ago, Gideon said:

Two of my favorite posters, so it hurts me to have to disagree a bit with what Mr. Patterson stated in the opening statement. Here is what was stated that I stand in disagreement with:

“Hey, if all things are going to work out just fine, why worry? Enjoy the moment, for God will turn me around in good time, right?”

I hope you do not take this in a spirit of criticism, but rather simply loving  exhortation. 

Blessings to you,

Gideon

Hi G, and appreciate your replies and compliment, and also for the exhortation! We can learn to endure our training (trials) without allowing them to "trouble" (Jhn 14:1, 27) us, and there is a difference between trouble, and merely seeing everything for ourselves as just problems--without allowing them to escalate to troubles. Remember also, Paul eventually learn to “take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake” (2 Cor 12:10--not that many will do this, including myself, but trying).

Blessings Brother!

12 hours ago, Not me said:

Yes, it is our personal relationship with Christ that is of importance. As long as we are both feeding our personal relationship with Christ He will cause increase in His time. Many believers differ on many areas but we are all believers if we have been “born again”. It is this understanding that none of us see things totally clear. We all see as “in a fog”, it is this that is the unifying  factor. Though is is true that some have more light in this area and some in that,  but it’s all for the unity of the faith. Blessings that you see this. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Well put! Thank you, and love you in Christ!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, WordSword said:

Hi G, and appreciate your replies and compliment, and also for the exhortation! We can learn to endure our training (trials) without allowing them to "trouble" (Jhn 14:1, 27) us, and there is a difference between trouble, and merely seeing everything for ourselves as just problems--without allowing them to escalate to troubles. Remember also, Paul eventually learn to “take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake” (2 Cor 12:10--not that many will do this, including myself, but trying).

Blessings Brother!

I fretted a bit last night that my words might be taken as criticism, and that was far from my intent. To those who are looking with diligence to be found in Him,  I would say that your words are very correct. But as e both know, there are many who, despite their longevity as children of God, still remain carnal with little ifany desire to go deeper into the Lord. I was simply worried that such a mindset as you presented could be seen as encouragement that God is going to turn them around when He is good and ready so until then, they can walk without a care in the world. This place is dangerous. That was my only intent. 

Like Notme, I sense your Spiritcis in a great place to be led deeper into the Lord, so just continue to grow as you are. As we trust Him to, He will most definitely see us progress as He desires. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,174
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

A thing is because by The Power of God says so... any other direction other than from God is powered by creature and there is no authority there... Many many have erred from the truth because of missing this simple principle of reality God has set forth! If any have the slightest idea that new birth is attained or kept by the creature is fallen into this error...
What we have been first born into was absence of light to see this from blind eyes imposibble and only through creative Word and written Word do we hear in our blindness and respond to God by calling out to Him 'save me Lord Jesus' … it is here that God responds by His Own Self Promised to any who do and regenerated With His Own Life inserted into the called 'born again'

1 Peter 1:23-25

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
KJV

This the power of God and God within us to empower us for His use toward the Only One Who deserves glory -God... we are for all intensive purposes to become like Jesus through doing The Father's Will in this place and the ability is from that same power that regenerated us The Precious Holy Spirit Who teaches all things of Jesus through The Scriptures... I will in fact have nothing of my first begin but my second begin holding nothing of the first into eternity... fulfilling this while here

1 Peter 2:11-17

11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
KJV
God's speed to us all who are born of God and endeavor for His glory this obedience of life now as aliens ...

Edited by enoob57
  • Loved it! 1

12 hours ago, Gideon said:

I think it is evident from the fact that some will enter heaven with nothing to show, with all their works burnt up, that it is indeed possible for a man to live his life out as a Christian, and find heaven to be his home, but never put down roots deep enough to truly become Godly.

Some good points here Gideon! Concerning these "works," I believe they represent doctrine, as related to truth or error, and there is no doubt some believers will come short in possessing true doctrine on various issues, excluding the Gospel of Christ of course, without which one cannot enter into Christianity. Many believers will leave this life at the maturity level of "babes in Christ" concerning their walk and scriptural understanding, but this, for His reason, is in accord with God's purpose (which many things are past finding out in Him). We will all leave this life at varying maturity levels but, enter into eternity equally complete in Christ. 

Not to nit-pick but to make a light note concerning godliness, I believe if you're born again (saved) you're a godly person (i.e. 1 Tim 6:3), regardless the maturity level.

13 hours ago, Gideon said:

To one of the church letters in Revelation, God says that there are a few there who will walk with Him in white for they are worthy. This is not mean to scare any, but simply to make sure we understand that our part in all this is to always be seeking to be led into a life pleasing to God. 

This parallels the concept that not all will be fully matured in doctrine and walk before leaving this life. My understanding concerning the short-comings of those in the Book of Revelation, I believe they were all saved, being the Church of God and Bride of Christ, and the admonitions Jesus gave was to correct them where they were wrong, which I believe was or will be received and practiced. Hence the exhortation in Rev 3:19, "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

It's encouraging to know that all believers are fully matured in their soul and spirit concerning our conformity to Christ's image, but our understanding and levels of maturity in our manner of life (walk) are different between all.

God's blessings to your Family!

4 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

A thing is because by The Power of God says so... any other direction other than from God is powered by creature and there is no authority there... Many many have erred from the truth because of missing this simple principle of reality God has set forth! If any have the slightest idea that new birth is attained or kept by the creature is fallen into this error...
What we have been born into was absence of light to see this from blind eyes imposibble and only through creative Word and written Word do we hear in our blindness and respond to God by calling out to Him 'save me Lord Jesus' … it is here that God responds by His Own Self Promised to any who do and regenerated With His Own Life inserted into the called 'born again'

1 Peter 1:23-25

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
KJV

This the power of God and God within us to empower us for His use toward the Only One Who deserves glory -God... we are for all intensive purposes to become like Jesus through doing The Father's Will in this place and the ability is from that same power that regenerated us The Precious Holy Spirit Who teaches all things of Jesus through The Scriptures... I will in fact have nothing of my first begin but my second begin holding nothing of the first into eternity... fulfilling this while here

1 Peter 2:11-17

11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
KJV
God's speed to us all who are born of God and endeavor for His glory this obedience of life now as aliens ...

Appreciate your reply E57, and God bless!

36 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I fretted a bit last night that my words might be taken as criticism, and that was far from my intent. To those who are looking with diligence to be found in Him,  I would say that your words are very correct. But as e both know, there are many who, despite their longevity as children of God, still remain carnal with little ifany desire to go deeper into the Lord. I was simply worried that such a mindset as you presented could be seen as encouragement that God is going to turn them around when He is good and ready so until then, they can walk without a care in the world. This place is dangerous. That was my only intent. 

Like Notme, I sense your Spiritcis in a great place to be led deeper into the Lord, so just continue to grow as you are. As we trust Him to, He will most definitely see us progress as He desires. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

You can rest that I never saw any of your reply as maliciously intended, and appreciate your and NM's input because of the benefit of multiple opinions in each sharing their beliefs and understanding.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@WordSword

To say God has all believers predestined to a certain level of maturity,  is a road I cannot follow. For God is no respecter of persons. He will do all for any believer, to the degree His power (Christ) works in that believer. It is to the degree a believers heart is after God. It is to that degree can Christ  be formed in the believers heart.  For God is more willing to form Christ in any and all believers,  than the believers are to have Christ formed in them. But God is only limited by each believers desire after Him. This is how my relationship with Christ has made Himself real to me. But if your personal relationship with Christ has taught you differently. You have to maintain walking or living up to the standard you have obtained. For as long as a believer is walking in the integrity of his heart toward God and maintains that integrity. God will make all the corrections He deems are necessary in His time. (If indeed the corrections are necessary.)

1 hour ago, Not me said:

@WordSword

To say God has all believers predestined to a certain level of maturity,  is a road I cannot follow. For God is no respecter of persons. He will do all for any believer, to the degree His power (Christ) works in that believer. It is to the degree a believers heart is after God. It is to that degree can Christ  be formed in the believers heart.  For God is more willing to form Christ in any and all believers,  than the believers are to have Christ formed in them. But God is only limited by each believers desire after Him. This is how my relationship with Christ has made Himself real to me. But if your personal relationship with Christ has taught you differently. You have to maintain walking or living up to the standard you have obtained. For as long as a believer is walking in the integrity of his heart toward God and maintains that integrity. God will make all the corrections He deems are necessary in His time. (If indeed the corrections are necessary.)

My meaning isn't that He desires different levels of understanding to any. It's that whatever level of understanding at which we have presently or later, requires Him giving the understanding, and why receiving this understanding varies between believers is according to what He already knows and purposes.