• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/8/2018 at 10:09 PM, Not me said:

I have often thought the same thing. For it was when the truth that “when Christ died I died” was made real to me. My relationship with Christ became solid,  in such a way I could never have imagined before. It was no longer a couple of weeks, maybe even a month or two, before I found myself deep in sin again. Wishing for a way out. Hating myself and both loving my sin at the same time. Knowning I was displeasing to God, yet could find no victory over my chosen sins. In my life it was when the Lord brought me to the place where I was willing to die, rather than sin, that put me in the right position where God could finally reveal what our salvation in Christ consisted of; “when Christ died I died”. Than all the scriptures that speak of me “being crucified with Christ” and “Christ being my Life” came alive. I knew what was meant by them in such a living way. This is the door to walking a victorious Christian life. Where it is no longer a matter of promising God, I will try harder next time. For my next time would be like my last thousands of times. Failure on a grand scale. But to all that find themselves struggling with sin, there is hope like you can only dream of. I can remember telling God if there was just a button I could push that would make me 100% obedient to Him,  I would push it in a heart beat. But I could never find the button. Till in the course of time, which I have come to learn, it was just a matter of me learning the truth of  “that in me dwells no good thing”. It was when this truth,  was learned that victory was just a matter of “reckoning myself dead”. But this learning had to wait till I was convinced in my heart, that death was better than sinning. When that lesson was learned, “reckoning myself dead” became my joy. To never lose fellowship with Him because of choosing to sin. Than I saw that truly of a certainty “I” or “self” was truly my worst enemy. Blessing to all that won’t let go of God, till He blesses them with a victorious Christian life. For that life is most assuredly for you. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

By the Grace of God,I live a life where I understand what true Sabbathing is.....a complete rest and rejection of any and all works to receive or maintain salvation. God has blessed me with peace and joy.I hope this does not come off as bragging.Its just the truth.The worst sinner that ever made a post at this site —- trust me.Before I learned how to practice faith , I was a miserable wretch of a man.I am still a wretch, but no longer miserable.I am happy. It never seemed possible before.I thank God for His amazing grace.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

By the Grace of God,I live a life where I understand what true Sabbathing is.....a complete rest and rejection of any and all works to receive or maintain salvation. God has blessed me with peace and joy.I hope this does not come off as bragging.Its just the truth.The worst sinner that ever made a post at this site —- trust me.Before I learned how to practice faith , I was a miserable wretch of a man.I am still a wretch, but no longer miserable.I am happy. It never seemed possible before.I thank God for His amazing grace.

God is good. He knows how to lead His children.  Entering into the rest of God is a awesome thing. To be freed from the “old man and his deeds” is such a freeing and liberating work of faith. Glad your personal relationship with Christ is a growing one.

That we would all come to know Him in all reality and all truth. Keep pressing in. 

Love and prayers in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 8/3/2018 at 12:26 AM, Gideon said:

Absolutely! When we take our shield of faith and combine the blood of the lamb with our testimony as to who Christ has made us, declaring that sin has no more power over us, often people assume that means we are saying we are perfect. But the absence of the negative does not mean the fullness of the positive. 

When Israel entered the promised land, God told them that He had given them the land and that every step they took would be theirs. But they still had to go in and possess it. And it is taken by believing the promises of God. This is how the divine nature is shared with us,  from glory to glory. 

How important ant it is, however to finally come to hate ones walk in the wilderness. Lots of movement, lots of time passed, no progress. Jesus said that we must count the cost of following Him. But what a rare thing that is today in our modern take on Christianity. 

We we hear a lot of FREE, but counting the cost? Our itching ears cannot bear such a thing! And what is the cost to walking into and taking the land of promise? Hating our old nature..... self. 

Blessings, 

Gids

Amen brother.....yes, we must keep on counting the cost and following Jesus through our wilderness with a perfect heart even as we are being perfected.  It isn't a comfortable journey, it's a pilgrimage, but blessed are those whose hearts are set on pilgrimage, as strangers in this world where our only sense of rest and belonging is with the Lord.  The whole thing with the wilderness, when I look at the Israelites, is that the Lord leads us in such a way as to expose and put His finger on whatever needs to be put to rights in us......it can be a painful process at times, but the Lord is faithful and our trust in Him grows as we learn by experience time and time again, how trustworthy He is.  And we are not to camp out too long in our last victory, but keep on following the cloud/pillar of fire as He leads, because there is always more in us that needs purifying and cleansing, more victories to be won, praise the Lord.  And this is even how His Bride is preparing herself for His return, allowing His work in her, repenting, examining, confessing, etc.

Phl 3:12-15

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.