Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

To visit any in need and be a help is true religion. We all know that from the book of james. Religion is supposed to be our life with the things of God. Things like worship and prayer and hymns.  Maybe fasting . So to tie these things with true religion of visiting the helpless and the hurting and the sick or the hungry. Those things should be preparing us to show God's love. To strengthen us for the good work. Fasting can teach us to feel for the hungry in there need. Praying for others will help us to love them more because the holy Spirit prays with us without words. We are fill with love from the holy spirit. God works in us to do of his good will. So my point is we need so much the things of our religion. But christ is the real substance of our religion.  Our religion is a person. He is our focus. You visit me he said when I was sick. When did we see you sick. When you visited the least of my brothers and sisters. What a beautiful surprise.  We are visiting the Lord himself.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,939
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

To visit any in need and be a help is true religion. We all know that from the book of james. Religion is supposed to be our life with the things of God. Things like worship and prayer and hymns.  Maybe fasting . So to tie these things with true religion of visiting the helpless and the hurting and the sick or the hungry. Those things should be preparing us to show God's love. To strengthen us for the good work. Fasting can teach us to feel for the hungry in there need. Praying for others will help us to love them more because the holy Spirit prays with us without words. We are fill with love from the holy spirit. God works in us to do of his good will. So my point is we need so much the things of our religion. But christ is the real substance of our religion.  Our religion is a person. He is our focus. You visit me he said when I was sick. When did we see you sick. When you visited the least of my brothers and sisters. What a beautiful surprise.  We are visiting the Lord himself.

Well said, Wayne222, As you may know the word pure in Greek is katharos, meaning clean, clear, and pure, from which the word catharsis (meaning purgation) is derived, and this ties in with being undefiled and unspotted.  

Jas 1:26-27
(26)  If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridles not his tongue, but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
(27)  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Thanks Wayne, good topic.  I wanted to give you and Michael "likes" but I'm all out! ?

Sometimes just little things we do for others can show Christian love...helping an older person without a car to get some groceries, maybe chatting a little with someone who seems lonely, showing kindness (we never know which person might need a kind word), etc.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

9 hours ago, Debp said:

Thanks Wayne, good topic.  I wanted to give you and Michael "likes" but I'm all out! ?

Sometimes just little things we do for others can show Christian love...helping an older person without a car to get some groceries, maybe chatting a little with someone who seems lonely, showing kindness (we never know which person might need a kind word), etc.

It's worth it !

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

This is a good post, is it spoken to the believers? 

As I type I remember the reference above that James was adressing believers. 

Can I be or someone , maybe without truth religion and false religion, or any religion at all for that matter and hope that he is accepted by Jesus Christ. 

Do you thing that is possible? 

You have to believe in the son of God. To be accepted by God. I think if one never heard the gospel and never heard about Jesus there faith in God would account as righteousness. I mean they were showing there trust in God by there life. But I leave that to God. I was writing this to those that believe. We are called to be salt of the earth. Blessings to you.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

You have to believe in the son of God. To be accepted by God. I think if one never heard the gospel and never heard about Jesus there faith in God would account as righteousness. I mean they were showing there trust in God by there life. But I leave that to God. I was writing this to those that believe. We are called to be salt of the earth. Blessings to you.

Hello brother Wayne222, 

Those people who have never heard the Gospel, 

First I would like to asked if you are referring to those  who lived after the resuraction. 

Ok then those were Idolaters, they had their own idol God who created the Sun and another Idol God for the moon, and so on, they were ignorant of the one God. 

And even if they were not ignorant of the one God, they were worshiping the Idols. 

So to some it up,.you are suggesting that Idolaters were justified and recieved the ETERNAL LIFE of Jesus CHRIST, and they were made co-heirs of Heaven together with Jesus and the other redeemed believers of Jesus CHRIST ,

with them just being idolaters and with good works, and with good morality.???

Edited by Your closest friendnt

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello brother Wayne222, 

Those people who have never heard the Gospel, 

First I would like to asked if you are referring to those  who lived after the resuraction. 

Ok then those were Idolaters, they had their own idol God who created the Sun and another Idol God for the moon, and so on, they were ignorant of the one God. 

And even if they were not ignorant of the one God, they were worshiping the Idols. 

So to some it up,.you are suggesting that Idolaters were justified and recieved the ETERNAL LIFE of Jesus CHRIST, and they were made co-heirs of Heaven together with Jesus and the other Iredeemed believers of Jesus CHRIST ,

with them just being idolaters and with good works, and with good morality.???

No I was not brother. In the case of idol worship it takes no faith.  You have to believe in the God of Israel.