• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I Know  your message was not about ecumunicalism

THIS is on the second page .     just to let you know I did say that .   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

5 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Fiedi I said above that this post was not about ecumunicalism .     but look at the things you said .  you said we owe ROME for even crucifying JESUS .

NO WE OWE GOD . not rome , not evil . WE OWE GOD .    Just think about some of the things you are saying .  

We Owe Jesus our God and yes Rome has no power over Him, “

Do you refuse to speak to me?” Pilate said. “Don’t you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?”11 Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.” (John 19:10-11). 

And yet Someons has to crucify the Lord of Glory to make propitiation for our sins and that was Rome. Rome participated in God’s plan, just as Mary did by giving birth to the Christ. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well,   enough said on the subject .   Don't want to hog the whole thread .  BUT PLEASE consider some of the things I said .   

Here is some helpful input: I would work on your argument. It made me want to become Roman Catholic, meaning my response to your delivery and information was not intrigue but a human response of “don’t press the red button,” and then I wanna press the red button. 

That and I am dissolutions with many Protestants who act more like Lucifer and persecutory, or in least selfish, While Catholics I know will give you the shirt off their back, “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:37-40)

This is how I put it, Protestants have right theology, doxology, and grace correct but they tend to be weak on fruit and Holy Living and loving one another as Jesus said (John 13:34-35) while Catholics have some flawed theology (redeematrix), doxology, and grace but they have fruit and love one another.  

Wouldnt it be great if Catholics totally embraced Grace (Acts 15:4-11) and Scripture and we embraced their regeneration and care for others?

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Yowm said:

1. Peter had not been baptized with the Holy Spirit when he denied Christ...But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Act 1:8)

2. I am Catholic, just not the oxymoronic Roman kind, as I am part of the universal body of called out born again believers...something Rome has a hard time grasping. 

3. We are here because of God and God alone.

Interesting point about Peter not being baptized in the Spirit. 

I am Catholic in that respect to, as in the Universal Body of Christ. I even believe there are Roman Catholics in that body too. 

True, but does God not use men? He called Abraham. He raised up Moses. He crowned David. He choose Peter, and John and the apostles to carrying out His work in a partnership and intimate relationship with Him the Lord Trinity. 

I simply add He used Catholics to save all of Christendom, both Catholic and Protestant. It was a partnership, the Catholics partnered with the Lord to route the Ottoman threat. God did miracles in battles like Malta and Hasburg Wars; but there were men being obedient in the miracle. Just as Peter had II lay hands on man to be healed, but God did the healing (Acts 3:6). 

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Christendom isn't about religious wars. Did He also use 'Catholics' to persecute Jews and other Christians, today to draw people into a false visible ecumenicism that in no way resembles the 1st-3rd Century Church.. I hold them up in no honor and in no way am indebted to the Institution called the Roman Catholic Church. Are you doing soft recruiting?

I have already mentioned the dark side of Rome: Fourth Crusade, Spanish Inquisition, St. Bartholowmew Day Massacre, Burning reformers, Burning Translators, Bloody Mary (Mary I of England), and etc. 

However we Protestants have a dark history too: The Salem Witch Trials, Hawaiian Missions/land grab, English Civil War (Oliver Cromwell, God Wills It For Protestants), Huguenot Rebellion/Thirty Year’s War, Torture Chambers of Elizabeth I of England, Puritans, and beyond. 

Christendom is every Christian who confesss and believes Christ Jesus as Lord and Son of God (Romans 10:9-10, 1 John 4:15), that includes Catholics, Protestants, Pentecostals, Baptists, Evangelicals, and more. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.30
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Here is some helpful input: I would work on your argument. It made me want to become Roman Catholic, meaning my response to your delivery and information was not intrigue but a human response of “don’t press the red button,” and then I wanna press the red button. 

That and I am dissolutions with many Protestants who act more like Lucifer and persecutory, or in least selfish, While Catholics I know will give you the shirt off their back, “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:37-40)

This is how I put it, Protestants have right theology, doxology, and grace correct but they tend to be weak on fruit and Holy Living and loving one another as Jesus said (John 13:34-35) while Catholics have some flawed theology (redeematrix), doxology, and grace but they have fruit and love one another.  

Wouldnt it be great if Catholics totally embraced Grace (Acts 15:4-11) and Scripture and we embraced their regeneration and care for others?

Their are lots of folks that will give you the shirts off their back and turn around and still serve satan .    

Their are lots of friendly folks that will not correct anything and people love this .   people these days love those types . 

They hate the ones who correct .   We got a messed up go spell getting preached these days and WHILE it is super heavy on doing good works

and it is super heavey on saying things like love your neighbor ,   its evil as can be in many ways .

Do we ever wonder why JESUS will say to many ,   I never knew you .

Ghandi would have given the shirt off his back , but he was lost .    Lots of churches have become instutions of doing good works , but yet STILL DENY GOD BIG TIME .

THIS is what we got to look out for .    Lord did we not do many , MANY GOOD WORKS in YOUR NAME , and yet HE STILL says , I NEVER KNEW YOU , YOU WHO WORKED INQUITY.

And if anything , I notice that most , but not all,but most who say this judge not , or whatever ,  they the  ones doing all the JUDGING of the ones who simply are correcting .

I think most folks have forgotten something .   WHILE is it is very true we should love our neighbor as ourself

ONE THING stands above ALL that .      HE who loves mother , father , brother , son , daughter or anyone MORE THAN ME is not worthy of me .

IF we don't LOVE JESUS above all things ,    well the rest is just an artificial superficial not beneficial in any way .  

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Their are lots of folks that will give you the shirts off their back and turn around and still serve satan .    

Their are lots of friendly folks that will not correct anything and people love this .   people these days love those types . 

They hate the ones who correct .   We got a messed up go spell getting preached these days and WHILE it is super heavy on doing good works

and it is super heavey on saying things like love your neighbor ,   its evil as can be in many ways .

Do we ever wonder why JESUS will say to many ,   I never knew you .

Ghandi would have given the shirt off his back , but he was lost .    Lots of churches have become instutions of doing good works , but yet STILL DENY GOD BIG TIME .

THIS is what we got to look out for .    Lord did we not do many , MANY GOOD WORKS in YOUR NAME , and yet HE STILL says , I NEVER KNEW YOU , YOU WHO WORKED INQUITY.

And if anything , I notice that most , but not all,but most who say this judge not , or whatever ,  they the  ones doing all the JUDGING of the ones who simply are correcting .

I think most folks have forgotten something .   WHILE is it is very true we should love our neighbor as ourself

ONE THING stands above ALL that .      HE who loves mother , father , brother , son , daughter or anyone MORE THAN ME is not worthy of me .

IF we don't LOVE JESUS above all things ,    well the rest is just an artificial superficial not beneficial in any way .  

You took my words out of context. I specifically said few Christians who would give you their shirt of their back because they don’t love one another (John 13:34-35). You can use words all you want but if you have not love you are nothing (1 Corinthians 13:2) and it is written that our every word will be judged by God (Matthew 12:36). 

26 minutes ago, Yowm said:

That may be professing Christendom, but I am going with those who have been regenerated by God's Spirit and have received a new nature thru the new birth.

We've already covered your effort at moral equivalence, but you are comparing one Church group that picks up the sword against another.

I stand by this ...

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
(Joh 18:36)

I am not using moral equivalence, “Moral equivalence is a term used in political debate, usually to deny that a moral comparison can be made of two sides in a conflict, or in the actions or tactics of two sides.” On the contrary I am comparing the morals of Catholics and Protestants of both doing bad things.

Actually Jesus said pick up a sword, “Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered. He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.” (Luke22:35-36 ) and Jesus is coming back to make war on the unbelievers, “Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war. 12 His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself. 13 He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress. 16 On his robe at his thigh[e] was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords.” (Revelation 19:11-16), “gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath. The grapes were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed from the winepress in a stream about 180 miles long and as high as a horse's bridle.” (Revelation 15:19-20), and, “Then the Lordwill go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle.On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. ” (Zachariah 14:3-4 ). This pacifistic Christ does not exist. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

Back to Pope Gregory, since this thread has been majorly derailed. 

teach the Church of the English, which is still young in the faith, whatever you have been able to learn with profit from various churches.” (Gregory to S. Augustine). How Pauline this is, for Paul loves the Churches of Greece, Rome, and Jude’s; and He even said, “There is one body, but it has many parts. But all its many parts make up one body. It is the same with Christ. 13 We were all baptized by one Holy Spirit. And so we are formed into one body. It didn’t matter whether we were Jews or Gentiles, slaves or free people. We were all given the same Spirit to drink. 14 So the body is not made up of just one part. It has many parts. Suppose the foot says, “I am not a hand. So I don’t belong to the body.” By saying this, it cannot stop being part of the body. 16 And suppose the ear says, “I am not an eye. So I don’t belong to the body.” By saying this, it cannot stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, how could it hear? If the whole body were an ear, how could it smell? 18 God has placed each part in the body just as he wanted it to be. 19 If all the parts were the same, how could there be a body? 20 As it is, there are many parts. But there is only one body. 

The eye can’t say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 In fact, it is just the opposite. The parts of the body that seem to be weaker are the ones we can’t do without. 23 The parts that we think are less important we treat with special honor. The private parts aren’t shown. But they are treated with special care. 24 The parts that can be shown don’t need special care. But God has put together all the parts of the body. And he has given more honor to the parts that didn’t have any. 25 In that way, the parts of the body will not take sides. All of them will take care of one another. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it. If one part is honored, every part shares in its joy.

27 You are the body of Christ. Each one of you is a part of it.” (1 Corinthians 12:12-27)

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Loved it! 1

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes the Lord will fight. Where in Acts or the Epistles do you see the Apostles taking up the sword to fight?

Again...

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
(Joh 18:36)

Go join Rome's army if you wish.

That verse (John 18:36) pertains to Jesus’ first coming, He was dying for the sins of the world (context). He is coming back and bringing that kingdom to earth (Revelation 21:4-9, Revelation 21:1-53), and it is foretold there will be different groups st His Return, “After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb,” (Revelation 7:), “And the beast was allowed to wage war against God’s holy people and to conquer them. And he was given authority to rule over every tribe and people and language and nation,” (Revelation 13:7), “This means that God’s holy people must endure persecution patiently, obeying his commands and maintaining their faith in Jesus,” (Revelation 14:12), “And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this down: Blessed are those who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, they are blessed indeed, for they will rest from their hard work; for their good deeds follow them,” (Revelation 14:13), “This means that God’s holy people must endure persecution patiently and remain faithful.Anyone with ears to hear
    should listen and understand.
10 Anyone who is destined for prison
    will be taken to prison.
Anyone destined to die by the sword
    will die by the sword,” (Revelation 13:8-10), and “Then I saw thrones, and the people sitting on them had been given the authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony about Jesus and for proclaiming the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his statue, nor accepted his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They all came to life again, and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4)