• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Can we stick to scrips and not try and get us to see good things about that whore of rome .     Fiedi ,    we ought have no unity with her at all.

Big mama is hungry now , hungrier than ever .  and lets face it ,  most churches protestant or not , they been so prepared with sorry doctrines for years

they have been made ready for her unity message .    Lets not have a thing to do with pointing anyone in that direction .   Ecumuncalism ,   no Bueno .

The churchs who follow Christ already have unity in Christ and that is all we need .    The entire system was wrong from its birth .

But why even look backwards ,   LOOK at her today ,  she is so much worse , reaching out with unity messages that the churches have long been made ready for .

Folks don't know folks .    I can come on calling myself anything I wanted , but really have a separate agenda.  I DONT of course and that is evil .  But many folks do it .

WE in the days and times where ecumenical all inclusive unity ,  ITS JUST going to take captive all now ,   all not in the lambs book of life anyway .

Lets not promote any pope .   not a one .    Lets just bring biblical doctrines .    

You are able to read, appreciate, and walk in Solae Scriptura because Catholics bled and died on the sea coasts and solid ground for your freedom at Lepanto, Rhodes, Malta, and Hasburg Wars. If it weren’t for the Roman Church, we all would be rubble and dhimis under Islamic rule. 

Is it promoting a pope, if he says something true are we to ignore it? I choose to take the good from Church History,  “but test all things. Hold fast to what is good.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21). Certainly Scripture is God breathed and comes from the Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21) and is what we should test and measure every doctrine by (1 John 4:1-3), but when a Christian of a denomination, Catholic or Protestant says something true, I acknowledge it and accept it. I believe like Pope Gregory said “make a selection of the customs from all churches that are beneficial.” 

Here’s other Catholics who says something true,

“The teaching of Christ is more excellent than all the advice of the saints, and he who has His spirit will find in it a hidden manna. Now, there are many who hear the Gospel often but care little for it because they have not the spirit of Christ. Yet whoever wishes to understand fully the words of Christ must try to pattern his whole life on them.” (Thomas A Kempis, The Imitation of Christ, Book I, Chapter One). 

“Our hearts are restless, until they can find rest in you.” Augustine of Hippo (354–430), in Confessions.)

Now listen well, for what I have to say contains the doctrine of important truths. Because for his own good, he would not let his will be curbed, the man who knew no birth, damming himself, dammed all his progeny, therefore, the human race lay sick below within their error for long centuries, until the Word of God chose to descend: there, moved by His unselfish Love alone, He took unto Himself, in His own Being, that nature which had wandered from its maker. Now listen to my reasoning, once joined with its First Cause, this nature was (as it had been when first created) pure and good; but by itself alone, by its own act, having abandoned truth, and the true life, out of God's holy garden it was chased. Then, if the Crucifixion can be judged as punishment of that nature assumed, no penalty could bite with greater justice, just as none could be judged as more unjust, considering the Person who endured it with whom 
that other nature was combined. Thus, one event produced different effects; God and the Jews both pleased by this one death for which earth shook and Haven opened wide. Now it should not be difficult for you to understand the concept of just vengeance being avenged in time by just decree. You say: I clearly understand your words, but why God did not choose some other way for our redemption still remains unclear. The reason. brother, for that choice lies buried from all men's eyes until their inner sight has grown to ripeness in the warmth of love, nevertheless, sicne men have always aimed their arrows at this mark they rarely strike, I shall explain why this choice is bvest. Divine goodness, which from itself rejects all envy, sparkles so, that It reveals the eternal beauties burning in Itself. That which derives directly from His Being from then on is eternal, for His sewal, once it is stamped, can never be effaced. That which derives directly from His Being is wholly free, not subject to the law of secondary things. Created thus, it most resembles Him, most pleases Him; the Sacred Flame which lights all of creation burns brightest in what is most like Himself. These are the gifts with which humanity was privileged, and if it fails in one of these, it must fall from its noble state. Sin is the only power that takes away man's freedom and his likeness to True Good, and makes him shine less brightly in Its light; nor can he win back his lost dignity unless the void left by tha sin be filled by just amends paid for illicit joy. Your nature, when it sinned once and for all in its first root, was exiled from these honors, as it was dispossessed of Paradise; nor could mankind recover what was lost, as you will see if you think carefully, except by crossing one of these two fords: either that God, simply through clemency, should give remission, or that man himself, to pay his debt of folly, should atone. Now fix your eyes on the infinity of the Eternal Counsel; listen well, as well as you are able, to my words. Given his limits, man could never make amends, never in his humility could man, obedient too late, descend as far as once, in disobedience, he tried to climb, and this is why mankind alone could not make his amends to God. Thus, it remained for God, in His own ways (his ways, I mean, in one of them or both) to bring man back to his integrity. But since the deed gratifies more the doer, the more it manifests the innate goodness of the good heart from which it springs--so, then, that Everlasting Goodness which has set its imprint on the world was pleased to use all of its means to raise you up once more. Between the final night and the first day no act so lofty, so magnificent was there, or shall there be, by either way, for God, Who gave Himself, gave even more so that mankind might raise itself again, than if He simply had annulled the debt; and any other means would have been less than Justice, if God's only Son had not humbled Himself to take on mortal flesh" (Paradise, Canto 7, The Portable Dante, pg 429-432).

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

You are able to read, appreciate, and walk in Solae Scriptura because Catholics bled and died on the sea coasts and solid ground for your freedom at Lepanto, Rhodes, Malta, and Hasburg Wars. If it weren’t for the Roman Church, we all would be rubble and dhimis under Islamic rule. 

Is it promoting a pope, if he says something true are we to ignore it? I choose to take the good from Church History,  “but test all things. Hold fast to what is good.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21). Certainly Scripture is God breathed and comes from the Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21) and is what we should test and measure every doctrine by (1 John 4:1-3), but when a Christian of a denomination, Catholic or Protestant says something true, I acknowledge it and accept it. I believe like Pope Gregory said “make a selection of the customs from all churches that are beneficial.” 

Here’s other Catholics who says something true,

“The teaching of Christ is more excellent than all the advice of the saints, and he who has His spirit will find in it a hidden manna. Now, there are many who hear the Gospel often but care little for it because they have not the spirit of Christ. Yet whoever wishes to understand fully the words of Christ must try to pattern his whole life on them.” (Thomas A Kempis, The Imitation of Christ, Book I, Chapter One). 

“Our hearts are restless, until they can find rest in you.” Augustine of Hippo (354–430), in Confessions.)

Now listen well, for what I have to say contains the doctrine of important truths. Because for his own good, he would not let his will be curbed, the man who knew no birth, damming himself, dammed all his progeny, therefore, the human race lay sick below within their error for long centuries, until the Word of God chose to descend: there, moved by His unselfish Love alone, He took unto Himself, in His own Being, that nature which had wandered from its maker. Now listen to my reasoning, once joined with its First Cause, this nature was (as it had been when first created) pure and good; but by itself alone, by its own act, having abandoned truth, and the true life, out of God's holy garden it was chased. Then, if the Crucifixion can be judged as punishment of that nature assumed, no penalty could bite with greater justice, just as none could be judged as more unjust, considering the Person who endured it with whom 
that other nature was combined. Thus, one event produced different effects; God and the Jews both pleased by this one death for which earth shook and Haven opened wide. Now it should not be difficult for you to understand the concept of just vengeance being avenged in time by just decree. You say: I clearly understand your words, but why God did not choose some other way for our redemption still remains unclear. The reason. brother, for that choice lies buried from all men's eyes until their inner sight has grown to ripeness in the warmth of love, nevertheless, sicne men have always aimed their arrows at this mark they rarely strike, I shall explain why this choice is bvest. Divine goodness, which from itself rejects all envy, sparkles so, that It reveals the eternal beauties burning in Itself. That which derives directly from His Being from then on is eternal, for His sewal, once it is stamped, can never be effaced. That which derives directly from His Being is wholly free, not subject to the law of secondary things. Created thus, it most resembles Him, most pleases Him; the Sacred Flame which lights all of creation burns brightest in what is most like Himself. These are the gifts with which humanity was privileged, and if it fails in one of these, it must fall from its noble state. Sin is the only power that takes away man's freedom and his likeness to True Good, and makes him shine less brightly in Its light; nor can he win back his lost dignity unless the void left by tha sin be filled by just amends paid for illicit joy. Your nature, when it sinned once and for all in its first root, was exiled from these honors, as it was dispossessed of Paradise; nor could mankind recover what was lost, as you will see if you think carefully, except by crossing one of these two fords: either that God, simply through clemency, should give remission, or that man himself, to pay his debt of folly, should atone. Now fix your eyes on the infinity of the Eternal Counsel; listen well, as well as you are able, to my words. Given his limits, man could never make amends, never in his humility could man, obedient too late, descend as far as once, in disobedience, he tried to climb, and this is why mankind alone could not make his amends to God. Thus, it remained for God, in His own ways (his ways, I mean, in one of them or both) to bring man back to his integrity. But since the deed gratifies more the doer, the more it manifests the innate goodness of the good heart from which it springs--so, then, that Everlasting Goodness which has set its imprint on the world was pleased to use all of its means to raise you up once more. Between the final night and the first day no act so lofty, so magnificent was there, or shall there be, by either way, for God, Who gave Himself, gave even more so that mankind might raise itself again, than if He simply had annulled the debt; and any other means would have been less than Justice, if God's only Son had not humbled Himself to take on mortal flesh" (Paradise, Canto 7, The Portable Dante, pg 429-432).

You are able to read, appreciate, and walk in Solae Scriptura because  GOD SENT GRACE and GAVE ME true faith .

as I said ,  I owe them not a thing .  and even a broken clock is right twice a day .    I owe her nothing .   I OWE JESUS EVERYTHING .

• Praise God! 1

Just now, Yowm said:

I don't own Rome anything. Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world despite Rome's claim. I owe Rome nothing as I would die rather than convert to Islam.

For someone who don't claim ROME ,    something is becoming quite obvious and fast I might say .

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

We owe the Catholics are existence. God used them to save us from the Crescent

WE owe them nothing but to warn against their system .   For someone who claims to be protestant ,  you were not kidding you are surely about ecumuincalism

mending the bridges and divisions .    but how canwe be one with ERROR .     I don't hold rome nor protestant history against them .   I JUST Don't and wont gather

with false hoods .  THIS big mindset of healing the wound , the wound being division and just finding common ground has sucked the life out of folks .

The thing is , I always hear its similar language EVERYWHERE NOW .    

I don't owe that church squat .   I OWE JESUS ALL .   the only thing I owe is to warn against such wicked systems .   cause as I said ,  SHE is way more

inclusive these days than ever ,   but she is just as deceptive as ever she was .      Folks don't let smiles hugs and warm feelings fool ya .   

Ghandi was one of the most passive , friendly men I ever seen ,    BUT jus as deceived as ever .      LET her not take thee with her eyelids ,  ROME IS HUNGRY and A LIAR

and SHE WILL SIT ON THIS all incluisive religion and SHE KNOWS SHE WILL .    all about power , all about preeminence , but such a word play to make it seem

as if its all about love , all about unity .   LET Her not take thee with her eyelids ,  let her not take thee with her flatteries , let her not take thee with her deceptions .

FOR IN HER IS the blood of many saints and she will ride the poitical beast to power .    She has killed before , she will cause the death of all who resisted her lie

in time to come .   SADLY most will buy the lie .    

It is bad form to tell someone they are something, ecumenical or etc. You don’t know me, only God does. 

I am Protestant, and Solae Scriptura, but I can appreciate Catholic works (writings) as well as Eastern Orthodox writings and beyond. That doesn’t mean I endorse everything they write or believe; like Purgatory, Transubstantiation, Mariology, Saints, Necroprayers, Icons, and etc. 

You can disagree with large amounts of material from any church denomination and still appreciate parts of it. 

I just don’t fit in box. 

2 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

It is bad form to tell someone they are something, ecumenical or etc. You don’t know me, only God does. 

I am Protestant, and Solae Scriptura, but I can appreciate Catholic works (writings) as well as Eastern Orthodox writings and beyond. That doesn’t mean I endorse everything they write or believe; like Purgatory, Transubstantiation, Mariology, Saints, Necroprayers, Icons, and etc. 

You can disagree with large amounts of material from any church denomination and still appreciate parts of it. 

I just don’t fit in box. 

Fidie ,  you remember when I said WILL you stand with me against the prospierity and all inclusive .

What did you say next .   you said Is this inclusvism ecumuincalism . 

I replied YES

and what did you say ,    YOU were ON THE FENCE about this ,  you see good points and bad ones .

I just said what you said , YOU ON the fence .  TIME TO JUMP OFF that fence , its leading to a place and one , NOBODY wants to be led too, IF THEY KNEW the TRUTH .

FIEDI,   just remember this ,   FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS enter ROME .

Friends don't let friends enter ecumunicalism .

Heck I would not even let my enemies enter either .    

Maybe we should put that on a shirt .  FRIENDS , AMERICANS AND  CITIZENS OF THE WORLD . ,  LEND ME YOUR EARS ,   I come to BURY THE WHORE not to praise HER .

The evil she has done is often interied with her bones ...........

try not to laugh,  I had to memorize that friends romans countrymen speech in the ninth grade .    Changed it for ROME of course .

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I don't own Rome anything. Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world despite Rome's claim. I owe Rome nothing as I would die rather than convert to Islam.

Peter said He was willing to die (John 13:37), but he denied Christ (John 10:18-27). It is easy to declare this, but when you face martyrdom you either behave like Stephen (Acts 7:64 thru 8:3) and 200 Templars before Saladin at the Battle of Hattin who let themselves be killed for Christ or you respond like Peter did and the Japanese Christians who denied out of fear. 

Because of the Catholics we are still here; Worthy Christian Forums would not have exised if the Ottomans had won at Lepanto, Rhodes, Malta, and Hasburg Wars. Our freedom to debate this was bought with Roman blood. 

I will never forget their sacrifice. I may be Protestant, but I am thankful to Catholics who fought and died to stop the Ottomans. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Peter said He was willing to die (John 13:37), but he denied Christ (John 10:18-27). It is easy to declare this, but when you face martyrdom you either behave like Stephen (Acts 7:64 thru 8:3) and 200 Templars before Saladin at the Battle of Hattin who let themselves be killed for Christ or you respond like Peter did and the Japanese Christians who denied out of fear. 

Because of the Catholics we are still here; Worthy Christian Forums would not have exised if the Ottomans had won at Lepanto, Rhodes, Malta, and Hasburg Wars. Our freedom to debate this was bought with Roman blood. 

I will never forget their sacrifice. I may be Protestant, but I am thankful to Catholics who fought and died to stop the Ottomans. 

because that is WHAT JESUS TUAGHT US   , to kill with sword .    RIGHT .   I don't seem to remember STEPEHEN trying to DEFEND HIMSELF .

We owe JESUS EVERYTHING  , I owe Rome nohthing but to warn against her .     and warn against her we must .

Fiedi,  friends don't let friends enter death .   Or as I say at times , interfaith .   SHE is selling a bill of goods , that if anyone has the eyes to see ,  ITS ROTTED FIGS all FOR HER POWER .

16 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

You are able to read, appreciate, and walk in Solae Scriptura because  GOD SENT GRACE and GAVE ME true faith .

as I said ,  I owe them not a thing .  and even a broken clock is right twice a day .    I owe her nothing .   I OWE JESUS EVERYTHING .

Well we disagree. I owe Jesus everything. But I believe He used our Catholic brothers to save our Protestant hides from Ottoman scythes. 

Have you considered we are to offer the Catholics Grace and the Scriptures and they offer us Community (theirs is stinger than our fragmented denominations) and Regeneration? 

I know a Catholic who said this, “I’ve noticed you Protestants are happier and you read the Bible and you seem different in a good way, so I started reading the Bible and it has changed me! I feel it has changed me.” 

• Thumbs Up 1

IT would not have mattered what had happened .  GOD was always in control and we were always going to be able to KNOW THE TRUTH .

we owe ROME nothing , we OWE JESUS ALL.