IGNORED

how many angels do you think are heaven?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I don't care how many angels are in heaven. What I want to know is, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. :D

Since they are in a different dimension with different physical laws, the answer is.....  all of them.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, other one said:

Since they are in a different dimension with different physical laws, the answer is.....  all of them.

This reminds me of something that just hit me recently: If you could travel at the speed of light, it means that, based on einstein's theory, time does not pass for you when at that speed. It means that, from your perspective, you could go anywhere and everywhere in the universe and the only time you would sense passing would be the time you were accelerating up to light speed. If you could somehow instantly accelerate, it means that, from your perspective, you could be everywhere in the universe at once. Of course, if you travelled 50 light years from point A to point B, and then back to point A, to those at point A, you would have been gone 100 years, though for you, you just left. 

And God is light.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

21 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

This reminds me of something that just hit me recently: If you could travel at the speed of light, it means that, based on einstein's theory, time does not pass for you when at that speed. It means that, from your perspective, you could go anywhere and everywhere in the universe and the only time you would sense passing would be the time you were accelerating up to light speed. If you could somehow instantly accelerate, it means that, from your perspective, you could be everywhere in the universe at once. Of course, if you travelled 50 light years from point A to point B, and then back to point A, to those at point A, you would have been gone 100 years, though for you, you just left. 

And God is light.

In our dimension,.    If there is any truth to string physics you can hi in two places at the same time or be somewhere at two different times...  by the time you react the 10th or 11th dimension you can exist any or all places all times....   if so could take a bit of majic out of a lot of things

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

36 minutes ago, other one said:

In our dimension,.    If there is any truth to string physics you can hi in two places at the same time or be somewhere at two different times...  by the time you react the 10th or 11th dimension you can exist any or all places all times....   if so could take a bit of majic out of a lot of things

Well, if we could use it, it could take the "magic" out of it. But I really just think that men of old used "magic" to explain stuff they didn't understand. Now we just talk about knowledge that hasn't been discovered yet.

This is an hypothesis that, if true. explains something that God already knows, but only causes us to apply different words to how things work. Kinda like what we know about the sun and stars and planets that we didn't know a couple thousand years ago. Or DNA. 

It's knowledge, and it helps us explain how our universe works, but I don't think modern Christians think anything God does is "magic". Rather, he created our physical laws and he can use them to do all sorts of stuff in ways that, given enough time, we'd be able to figure out.  

I think a better word for some things would be not "magic", but "miracles". Like when my wife was healed due to prayer. It violated our physical laws, as we know them. But we don't know everything. :)