Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

The tradition during the time of Jesus was that Hebrew boys after attending Hebrew school having showed promise could go to Advanced Hebrew School to learn to become a Rabbi. If a student did not advance to Rabbinical school they went home to learn their father’s trade: fishing, carpentry, merchandising, and etc. 

Jesus did not end up going to Rabbinical school, “Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him.” (Mark 6:3).  God Incarnate (John 1:1-17, Colossians 2:9, Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1) was not able to go to Seminary and instead was sent home to learn carpentry (Greek Tacton, carpentery and stone masonry) from Joseph. 

What do you think of this? The God of the Universe from who all wisdom and knowledge flows (Colossians 2:2-3) didn’t cut it for seminary and Rabbinical school. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Brilliant! 1

While I am definitely for education, I find it interesting God couldn’t get into university. Perhaps it was because of choice, The Pharisees has some major boxes (literal and figurative) that blocked the message of the Kingdom because they had strayed from words of God to the traditions of men, “For Moses said, 'Honor your father and mother,' and, 'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)--then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother.Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that." (Mark 7:10-13)

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

24 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The tradition during the time of Jesus was that Hebrew boys after attending Hebrew school having showed promise could go to Advanced Hebrew School to learn to become a Rabbi. If a student did not advance to Rabbinical school they went home to learn their father’s trade: fishing, carpentry, merchandising, and etc. 

Jesus did not end up going to Rabbinical school, “Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him.” (Mark 6:3).  God Incarnate (John 1:1-17, Colossians 2:9, Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1) was not able to go to Seminary and instead was sent home to learn carpentry (Greek Tacton, carpentery and stone masonry) from Joseph. 

What do you think of this? The God of the Universe from who all wisdom and knowledge flows (Colossians 2:2-3) didn’t cut it for seminary and Rabbinical school. 

Thoughts? 

Fidei.     after looking at and examining what is coming out of our own thelogical seminaries ,    NO THANKS .    I  will stick with Christ and the BIBLE .  

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

While I am definitely for education, I find it interesting God couldn’t get into university. Perhaps it was because of choice, The Pharisees has some major boxes (literal and figurative) that blocked the message of the Kingdom because they had strayed from words of God to the traditions of men, “For Moses said, 'Honor your father and mother,' and, 'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)--then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother.Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that." (Mark 7:10-13)

Exactly .    so too today .    so too today .    

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Fidei.     after looking at and examining what is coming out of our own thelogical seminaries ,    NO THANKS .    I  will stick with Christ and the BIBLE .  

Interesting parallel you have raised. Did Jesus discourage his disicples from being rabbis (Matthew 23:7-11) because we should never have those titles or positions? Or was it as you have said the rabbis had become corrupt by greed (many of Pharisees and Sadduccess had bought their positions from Rome) and they were teaching laws contrary to God’s law and teaching and so Jesus wanted to keep His disciples from corruption? 

And are we seeing something similar  in today’s seminaries and with pastors (not all but many)? 

Great food for though Frienduff. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Interesting parallel you have raised. Did Jesus discourage his disicples from being rabbis (Matthew 23:7-11) because we should never have those titles or positions? Or was it as you have said the rabbis had become corrupt by greed (many of Pharisees and Sadduccess had bought their positions from Rome) and they were teaching laws contrary to God’s law and teaching and so Jesus wanted to keep His disciples from corruption? 

And are we seeing something similar  in today’s seminaries and with pastors (not all but many)? 

Great food for though Frienduff. 

Its the latter my friend .   its the latter .     corruption has taken hold .  WE should desire to learn truth ,  but its so sad when even as a babe ,   by grace I seen the simple

that they could no longer see and have made the simple walk , very confusing and very sinful too I might add.    I mean we got problems .

ITS the corruption .    Their are to be pastors , deacons and so on , and they should be well bible learned .    THE THING IS ,   what is getting taught is corruption now and corrupted .

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Its the latter my friend .   its the latter .     corruption has taken hold .  WE should desire to learn truth ,  but its so sad when even as a babe ,   by grace I seen the simple

that they could no longer see and have made the simple walk , very confusing and very sinful too I might add.    I mean we got problems .

ITS the corruption .    Their are to be pastors , deacons and so on , and they should be well bible learned .    THE THING IS ,   what is getting taught is corruption now and corrupted .

Indeed, when I attended seminary I had to confront all kinds of non-Scriptural teaching and by the end of it I was thinking “does the Bible in this Bible college mean anything to these people?” I left seminary convicted of the corruptions and not wanting to be associated with their erroneous teachings. 

Much like Jesus our Lord, I have had to go outside the seminary and Rabbinical school to preach and teach the Kingdom, the Gospel, and simple and pure devotion to Christ (2 Corinthians 11:2).    

• This is Worthy 3

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Love the title to the thread. Maybe Mary and Joseph couldn’t afford the elite schooling? Who knows at what age past 12 (Jesus), Joseph passed away?

At age TWELVE JESUS KNEW MORE than those rabbies ever did .    THEY was the ones marveling at his wisdom .    JESUS really IS the WORD OF GOD and GOD really IS HIS WORD .

cant fool GOD and what can a man even know LEST GOD reveal it .    Now , you throw those hands up yowm and holler out a praise to the LORD . 

a very clear thought just popped in my head .      Can you even imagine having been their in the time of JESUS , hearing Him

and if one looked into HIS EYES ,    THE EYES OF GOD would be looking right back at you .     FOLKS need to learn some respect FOR GOD .

Try and ponder that for a bit .      I love this saying too .     He came to die on a piece of wood , YET had MADE THE HILL on which it stood .   I think folks don't really KNOW WHO JESUS IS .

Man my soul is on fire yet again .   EVERY TIME by grace JESUS gets pointed too , its like the REIGNS of my own heart just get REJOICED by the LORD .

Perhaps now some will understand my BEEEEF with this all inclusive dung getting sold to the churches .     We best have nothing to do with it and rather expose it .

NOW ,  I got some a wonderful request for all hear today .    Throw those hands up and PRAISE THE LORD , and REJOICE IN THE LORD and FEEEEEEEED on that bible ONLY .