thereaperman

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

yesterday i nearly had a car crash, which spookd me becuase the night before i had been talking with my friend saying that i could die in a car crash 2morrow. latley ive been filled with the fear of god, everything is broken, myself included, it seems to me that theres nothing i can do to control any of my situations and im only damaging the people i love unintentionally. it feels like im failing to do anything good at all. yesterday instead of enjoying the trees and sunshine and birds singing i broke down and called to the sky to help me, i know god hears our prayers and answers them in unexcpected ways, but i just have no clue what to do to get back on level terms with him, and stop me feeling like im loosing my mind. another self indulgent post, but im lost.....does anyone else feel like this from time to time?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Reaperman, I am glad you are safe from the near crash. It sounds like you are broken in spirit. When this happens, all you can do is give yourself over to the Lord. His will be done. To get back with Him, pray, fellowship with other believers, pray some more, read the bible.

Is there a pastor you can talk to? That might do you some good. Get some one on one guidance from a pastor. The Lord welcomes us back as prodigal sons when we stray. Repent, submit to the Lord. Trust Him 100%.

I pray you have peace in Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

thereaperman,

I know that feeling. For years I had struggled with depression. I was born again, I believed in Christ as the savior, studied diligently in the scripture and was active in my church. Unfortunately this only compounded my feelings of depression for in the scriptures I read that I was to be content with such things as I had. How could I, if I was going to call myself a child of God, be depressed then? I felt confused, angry, lost (not spiritually, but in life).

At my wife's request I saw three different doctors. All of them suggested I try medication. The thought repulsed me. Again I thought, if I am commanded to be content does it really count if I have to drug myself to be so? I refused all three doctors. The depression got worse. I remember two straight weeks where I would come home from work and go straight to bed for the night. It was damaging my family and my walk with God.

Then I started reading Job. Now I do not in any way mean to compare my troubles to his. He wins that contest hands down. But it was at the end of the book that God lifted from me a great burden and gave me a peace that passes any understanding of my own. I suggest you read it (Chapters 38-42). I was reminded that my God is so much bigger than any of the troubles I have. I was reminded that He is in total control of everything. I was humbled because like you I had "shouted at the sky", asking why this or that was. Who was I to demand any answer from God?

It is now, after God taught me this that I was able to release my cares to Him and walk in a fuller trust. My problems did not vanish but my fear has slowly and surely been weakening day by day. My prayer life changed dramatically too. It was the most wonderful blessing (next to salvation itself) that my Father has ever given me.

In Christ,

Eric

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Reaperman: "There has no temptation befallen you, but that which is common to man....." Yep! Everybody experiences that. St. Francis called it 'the dark night of the soul.'

The purpose of these times is for your spiritual growth, and God will bring you through.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear reaperman,

Have you forgotten our conversation?

:blink:

In His Love,

Suzanne