IGNORED

Can You Lose Salvation? (Once Saved, Always Saved?)

angels4u

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/17/1958

2 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Christ admitted that He lost Judas. All Judas had to do was repent, instead he committed suicide.

Is it not written that he was a lier and thief from the beginning? Will either inherit the kingdom?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, S.C.1 said:

Is it not written that he was a lier and thief from the beginning? Will either inherit the kingdom?

Scriptures teach that Judas was a genuine disciple or follower of Christ who fell from his apostleship and lost his salvation through his sin. To teach otherwise is to simply misrepresent or misunderstand the Scriptures. Jesus Himself said that the Father gave Judas to Him but that He had lost him (John 17:12). Judas chose to be a disciple (Luke 9:23; 14:27), then Jesus chose him to be an apostle (Luke 6:13; John 6:70), but then Judas fell from his apostleship by his choice to transgress (Acts 1:25). Judas lost both his salvation and apostleship through sin. The Holy Spirit through Luke records that Judas "By Transgression Fell" (Acts 1:15-25).

Judas not only had a moral fall but sin caused it. He was not always a "devil" and a "thief." He became both after he had been saved for some time. His weakness was the love of money and this caused his fall, "This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein." (John 12:6), "And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money." (Luke 22:5). He had seen Christ escape many times and he no doubt thought the Lord would escape again and he would be the richer. it was not until the end of Christs ministry that Judas began to pilfer and to grow cold in his love of Christ. At the last supper he became united with the devil. He broke with Christ and sought opportunity to betray Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

44 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Scriptures teach that Judas was a genuine disciple or follower of Christ who fell from his apostleship and lost his salvation through his sin. To teach otherwise is to simply misrepresent or misunderstand the Scriptures. Jesus Himself said that the Father gave Judas to Him but that He had lost him (John 17:12). Judas chose to be a disciple (Luke 9:23; 14:27), then Jesus chose him to be an apostle (Luke 6:13; John 6:70), but then Judas fell from his apostleship by his choice to transgress (Acts 1:25). Judas lost both his salvation and apostleship through sin. The Holy Spirit through Luke records that Judas "By Transgression Fell" (Acts 1:15-25).

Judas not only had a moral fall but sin caused it. He was not always a "devil" and a "thief." He became both after he had been saved for some time. His weakness was the love of money and this caused his fall, "This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein." (John 12:6), "And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money." (Luke 22:5). He had seen Christ escape many times and he no doubt thought the Lord would escape again and he would be the richer. it was not until the end of Christs ministry that Judas began to pilfer and to grow cold in his love of Christ. At the last supper he became united with the devil. He broke with Christ and sought opportunity to betray Him.

If Judas was born again he would not have betrayed Jesus. Those born of God cannot sin according to john in 1 john. So he never believe in the lord.

4 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

If Judas was born again he would not have betrayed Jesus. Those born of God cannot sin according to john in 1 john. So he never believe in the lord.

Saved free will agents can fall back into sin.  Judas decided to backslide from faithful devotion to Jesus. Judas began to steal money from the group (John 12:6) and he even came to betray the Lord (Mk. 14:10).

Jesus knew from the very beginning of Judas’ plot that he would betray Him (Jn. 6:64).

But the Bible says that Judas was, at one point, a trusted friend of Jesus (Ps. 41:9; John 13:18).

This explains why Judas kept the money (John 13:29).

If Jesus trusted Judas as a friend, Judas must have been trust worthy at that time. Betrayal implies, presupposes, or takes for granted former loyalty, friendship, or trust. If Judas was not formerly a loyal and trust friend of Jesus, he could not have betrayed Him. If Judas was not a loyal and trusted friend, who was a genuine follower of Him, He would not have chosen Him to preach the gospel, heal the sick, or cast out devils in the first place. Judas became a devil (John 6:70), but he was not always a devil, for Jesus asked, “How can Satan cast out Satan?” (Mark 3:23).

Judas had the Holy Spirit and power like the other apostles and was a successful preacher and healer like them (Matt.10:1-20; mark 6:7-13)
He had his name written in Heaven, as proved by Acts 1:20 with Ps. 69:25-29. he fell from his apostleship by Transgression (Acts 1:25).

Judas was to have his habitation desolate and be blotted out of the book of the living (Ps. 69:25-28 with Acts 1:20), and he was to have another take his place in the Christian ministry and in the kingship over one of the tribes of Israel (Ps. 109:8) These passages were fulfilled in Judas according to Matt. 26:24; John 13:18; Acts 1:16-25.

In Matt. 10 we have the facts recorded that Judas as one of the "twelve disciples" received power over demons, sickness and disease and a call to preach the Gospel. Of the twelve (Including Judas) it is said that Christ gave them power and sent them forth, and commanded them to preach, and to heal the sick.

Christ said to Judas and all the twelve, freely ye have received, freely give . . . . I send you forth as sheep . . . . it shall not be ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you (Matt. 10:1-20).

Its pretty simple to understand, Jesus would not pick sinners, pagans, murderers, to go and preach the gospel. Judas by transgression fell, His bishopric was GIVEN TO ANOTHER!  . . . . . Mitthias 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The deepest anxiety I have is that I won't enter the eternal kingdom of God (new Jerusalem) and God will reject me after death due to my continual sinful nature.  I've repented and was baptized, yet darkness still nags at my mind and I still sin... I'm assuming deliberately as we are all responsible for our actions.

If I can lose my salvation, how will I know before it is too late?

Edited by GiftofGod
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, GiftofGod said:

The deepest anxiety I have is that I won't enter the eternal kingdom of God (new Jerusalem) and God will reject me after death due to my continual sinful nature.  I've repented and was baptized, yet darkness still nags at my mind and I still sin... I'm assuming deliberately as we are all responsible for our actions.

Hi, resist the devil and he will flee from you; James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 

Do what I do, when ever I slip up, I immediately ask God to forgive me, and thank Him for His long suffering mercy and patience with me. Even If I don't think I have sinned, I pray every night asking God to forgive all my sins that I have committed, since I reached the age of reason until this very moment.

Bee's knees Louise y'all. What, don't ya know you're bought with a price? You're not your own? Born again = Bought and Paid For.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,158
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, HAZARD said:

Christ admitted that He lost Judas. All Judas had to do was repent, instead he committed suicide.

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. 

No Jesus did not admit He lost Judas? Judas never was anything but of his own will... 

John 12:4-6

4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him,

5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?

6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
KJV

The Lord knew Judas would never let go of the things of this world to receive Him … an example of God's use of His foreknowledge to complete the fulfillment of His Word.
We know The Lord loved Judas and in everyway showed it to him but Judas would never let go of himself or the things of this world to receive Jesus... as when he saw the betrayal was to be so brutal, to the One Who had loved him perfectly, and  didn't go according to his own will, to whatever end toward his desires, hanged himself for it was his will to execute final judgment upon himself. Judas reveals a person who has only one will that of which is dead of the 1st born self and the necessary repentance to cry out from the death never occurred all the way to the end in death...  

Edited by enoob57
  • Thumbs Up 1

The reason some believe they can lose salvation isn't that they're reasoning spiritually, but carnally. This concept was introduced by the Roman Catholics way back when to control the masses. And now it's only a few who that believe they're secure because of that carnal thinking.

1. Bought with a price, you aren't your own. (You're a pearl purchased by the Lord God. Can you steal yourself out of God's treasury?)

• Matthew 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

2. You can never be plucked out of the Saviors Hands. (I quoted it before: and no man shall pluck them out of my hand!)

• John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

3. There is no precedent where one is adopted, and then unadopted. (If you became a child of God, He wouldn't make you an orphan again! That would put you back in the hands of the devil. And if he's your daddy, you ain't got one...)

• Luke 15:17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! 15:18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, 15:19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. (just a tidbit here! When exactly did this father stop being the prodigal son's dad? Answer: he never stopped!)
  • John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

4. There is no (none) precept whatsoever that would allow a child of God to sin, and sin, and sin. (God would whoop the daylights out of us for doing so.)

• Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. (What need would there be for loving chastisement if salvation could be lost?)
Edited by S.C.1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, GiftofGod said:

You think God Almighty would in any way make a child of his so nervous, they wouldn't have any security that they're His? No way. God doesn't work that way. And I think you know that my friend.

Edited by S.C.1