IGNORED

Single at 29?

Guest myrnskie

Guest just becky

I'm forever amazed at how "they" always ask "You're not married?" ... and if you are dating, "When are you getting married?"...then, "Any kids in the near future?" ... then, "Where are the kids going to college?" ..... then "What are they going to be?" .... etc, etc....

I think we should take things as they come and trust that God has the right "plan" for us individually....sometimes, even with prayer, the answer is "no" and sometimes we forget this to be the other answer.

Twenty nine is so 'young' ... truly, it's all in perspective (the perspective of others)....what matters is what YOU think and if you are okay (which you certainly seem to be!!) :emot-highfive:

I think the most important thing is learning to ignore others...maybe they just plainly don't know what other bits of conversation to talk about?? at least you could consider this: you are a the 'talk' and that, in a way, is flattering :emot-highfive:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

The best time to get married is when God tells you to, otherwise it will not be a blessing for either one.

My two cents.

Guest joalmon

Well, this has been my observation as an elementary school teacher: generally the very people asking me when I'm going to get around to getting married are the ones who have talked openly of how frustrated or unhappy they are in their own marriages. Not exactly what I call making a good case...

I think Sam is right on...better to wait than to regret. Relationships and marriage are enough work on their own that throwing haste into the recipe seldom makes for success. I have found that relationships that strike you as "I could take this or leave this" are better off left. Hold out for the person that you simply cannot live without.

Guest lily

I know many people who go searching for wives, or are constantly wondering why they don't have one, and get depressed about it, it's all that's ever on their minds, more then God is on their minds. I think that you have to continue to live for the Lord always, and trust that He knows what He's doing. Don't try to FIND a wife, allow the Lord to BRING you a wife, that way you know that she'll be a good one!

I was always searching for a husband, or someone that would lead to be my husband, there was a lot of pain by doing this, finally one day I had enough and said to myself I'm not going to search no more, whatever happens happens, and that evening, I met my husband. He truly was brought to me by God. Amazing things happen in life when you let the Lord control it instead of trying to control it yourself!

Guest SingofYourLove

I know myrnskie, I'm 26 and single. I've made a vow with God to wait on the "one" he has for me. All these other fake one's can take a back seat. :thumbsup:

But seriously, my family always talks about I should've been married and had kids by now, but the truth is, it's not about my time, but it's on God's time. hey tell me to pray for the "one" that God will send me, but I say that God knows what I need. TAKE THAT!! :o

Guest myrnskie

He-he-he... you are funny but you have a point. I've been doing that to my friends but I guess they enjoy teasing me even more! :) Anyway, I've learned to ride along the fun. :taped:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  797
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  08/18/1989

O, I havn't read any body elses answers, so if I repeat anything that has been said, so be it... :):)

I know I am only 15, but I just want to suggest that you read ''I kissed dating goodbye'', by Joshua Harris...

I am reading it,

and I think you might find answers to a lot of your questions there...!

God bless!

*hugs* :wub:

Guest Bornagain

Hey, am only 23 and am facing that pressure to...already. But people will always find something to tease u about. Even when u get married, they'll tease u about what you did on ur wedding nyt!! Here's my advice: Just let the Lord Write your love story. Dont let the pressure make you run off with the next thing in a skirt, then u find out, it wasnt what you wanted, or even worse, what God wanted for u.

And about your fears after a painful experience, you need to ask God to heal you and give you the ability to trust and love again. Loving is a risk we all have to take at one point...just like life itself. God has not called us to leave in fear or the past, because both hinder our present and future. (ok, I know am slumming mob advice down your throat, but am about to finish). Take comfort in the fact that God knew you and planned for you even before your parents ever met...and he knows your future wife too and he's grooming her to be the perfect beautiful bride for you!!!( U like that, dont you? :) )

Anyhow, God bless u as he brings your beautiful princess your way, in His timing and will. Pray for peace as you wait and dont fear to risk falling in love...the greater the risk, the higher the profits!! Let me know how it goes!!!

LOL, Bornagain

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/30/1975

I just turned 29 and my friends makes my status an issue; as if being single a crime. They said that I should pray for a partner. Yeah, I do pray but it's not my priority yet. Should I? I'm not in any serious relationship and I'm scared to try again after my first love was broken.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes, preach it... I completely understand where you are coming from. It took me many years, many tears and failed surface relationships to really get over that first heartbreak.

I too am 29, and I too am single still! I finally quit bothering, and I happened to run into a christian guy who I have begun to develop a really great friendship with! Is he the right one? Well I don't know that yet! But I too have prayed for a Godly spouse for quite some time now. I believe God will send him along when he is ready, I am ready and the time is right in both our lives.

There are honestly some advantages to being single right now as well. I don't have to answer to anyone, I have more time for friendships and personal enrichment through reading, attending Bible Study, etc than my married counterparts.

Don't look at it like we are cursed or something, look at it as when they do finally come along, God will really bless us with the right person, and a happy future!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I just turned 29 and my friends makes my status an issue; as if being single a crime. They said that I should pray for a partner. Yeah, I do pray but it's not my priority yet. Should I? I'm not in any serious relationship and I'm scared to try again after my first love was broken.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes, preach it... I completely understand where you are coming from. It took me many years, many tears and failed surface relationships to really get over that first heartbreak.

I too am 29, and I too am single still! I finally quit bothering, and I happened to run into a christian guy who I have begun to develop a really great friendship with! Is he the right one? Well I don't know that yet! But I too have prayed for a Godly spouse for quite some time now. I believe God will send him along when he is ready, I am ready and the time is right in both our lives.

There are honestly some advantages to being single right now as well. I don't have to answer to anyone, I have more time for friendships and personal enrichment through reading, attending Bible Study, etc than my married counterparts.

Don't look at it like we are cursed or something, look at it as when they do finally come along, God will really bless us with the right person, and a happy future!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly.