IGNORED

Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

ZacharyB

20 hours ago, Betha said:

i was comparing Jonahs obedience with our obedience once we are IN CHRIST which will LEAD TO salvation.

No! Obedience doesnt lead to salvation. You say you dont believe works saves but then you go and say "which WILL LEAD" to salvation.

Obedience is the FRUIT OF SALVATION ! The Lord grants salvation the moment one has come with a humble contrite heart and confesses Romans 10:9-10

The very instance the LORD JUSTIFIES IE SAVES a person; that person is saved without one work! The Lord tells us we know we are his. We are sealed. 

Romans 8: 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” 
16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Which btw; this is a discussion forum. The reason you have many who disagree with you is because you err. This particular subject is more important than anything. You perceive it as arguing perhaps because your spirit is combating the truth? 

It is devastating to me to read what you write. My heart is sad because Im not convinced you understand grace. It appears that you are busy at "earning your salvation".

Christ doesnt need any help from you to justify you! Justification is instantaneous. It isnt a process. None of us deserve to be saved but it is through mercy and grace that is GIVEN AS A FREE GIFT that we are saved. Sanctification is a lifelong process. Perhaps you confuse it with justification? IDK. 

The condition of ones heart is directly correlated from wince our words come. That is why I am concerned for you. Once one adopts a  "earning salvation" mindset; well , there is no more payment to be made. That person is not trusting in Christ but trusting in their works! 

We are merely the pot. The LORD is our potter! We walk in complete trust that Christ will mold us to his will. We obey because we  have already  been saved and certainly not to be saved! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Pastors and Priests are no different than anybody else.If they are members of the Body of Christ they will be severely chastised in the flesh , yet their souls will be saved.Two things get you in that Body of Christ.Believe thAt Jesus died for your sins and believe He rose from the dead.Most people ,including Pastors and Priests, don’t believe the Gospel ,so they may commit terrible sins and make it through life unscathed.God Only chastises His true sons and daughters.

As far as the other guy is concerned, his punishment showed he was a child of God being chastened by his Father.The way you decipher the word “ may” is convoluted in my opinion.This back- siding Christian was later welcomed back to the church— lesson learned. His salvation was never in question.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Pastors and Priests are no different than anybody else.If they are members of the Body of Christ they will be severely chastised in the flesh , yet their souls will be saved.

What about gay or homosexual Christian pastors, bishops, priests and lay members in the Church or Body of Christ.?

Edited by discipler777

7 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So . . . a thief closed the thread?

MATTHEW.16:23 (NKJV) = 23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

20 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

What about gay or homosexual Christian pastors, bishops, priests and lay members in the Church or Body of Christ.?

There is more hope for the gayest Believer than there is for the straightest Perverter of the Gospel——  That would be those who say  “ Jesus saves......BUT.......”

If you are in the Body of Christ you are untouchable as far as Salvation is concerned .

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

There is more hope for the gayest Believer than there is for the straightest Perverter of the Gospel——  That would be those who say  “ Jesus saves......BUT.......”

If you are in the Body of Christ you are untouchable as far as Salvation is concerned .

1CORINTHIANS.6:9-10 = 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

REVELATION.21:8 = 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Your word contradicts the Word of God/Jesus.

Edited by discipler777

5 hours ago, discipler777 said:

1CORINTHIANS.6:9-10 = 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

REVELATION.21:8 = 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Your word contradicts the Word of God/Jesus.

......and these examples are taken out of context or are not addressed to members of the Body of Christ....

Of course, the unrighteous will not see the Kingdom of God, in fact, if you are not PERFECT , you nor any of the rest of us will see it.I believe the Gospel of 1 Cor15:1-4 and therefore God’s perfection is imputed to me.I am as righteous as Jesus in God’s eyes.Isn’t God’s Grace and love amazing?You need to read the next verse.Text out of context is error.Paul tells those he is addressing that they may have been like that in the past but they are now justified because of their faith in Christ.He is talking to Believers who are saved.

The Revelation verses refer to those not in the Body of Christ— the unforgiven.You ever tell a lie? That makes you a liar.I would even venture to say that there is a lie or two you forgot and therefore did not repent of. Moses, David and Paul were murderers and I believe they are in Heaven today .What do you think?How did they get there? Like everybody else—- by Grace through faith.The verse you quote is a warning to unsaved,unbelievers who lack faith in the Blood Of our Savior.

Keep digging and you will find approximately 198 other verses that “ seem” to show that OSAS is invalid .They all are like the verses you quoted —— taken out of context or not being addressed to saved members of the Body of Christ.There are 400 verses that show you OSAS is valid.400 plain verses vs 200 questionable verses in regard to Salvation.Take your pick.

Poor students of the Word, and those that do not “ properly divide” the same will stand ashamed.We have been warned.2Tim2:15

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

......and these examples are taken out of context or are not addressed to members of the Body of Christ....

REVELATION.22:12-17 (NKJV) = Jesus Testifies to the Churches

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The verse you quote is a warning to unsaved,unbelievers who lack faith in the Blood Of our Savior.

Keep digging and you will find approximately 198 other verses that “ seem” to show that OSAS is invalid .They all are like the verses you quoted —— taken out of context or not being addressed to saved members of the Body of Christ.

REVELATION.2:18-29 = The Corrupt Church

18 “And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write,

‘These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: 19 “I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. 20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. 22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

24 “Now to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will put on you no other burden. 25 But hold fast what you have till I come. 26 And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations—

27 ‘He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter’s vessels’—

as I also have received from My Father; 28 and I will give him the morning star.

29 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’