• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, other one said:

Don't we all have a bit of a past.....   LoL

I wasn't looking for a wife when I first met mine...   I was looking for an ice cream sunday…..    walked into a Dairy Queen and God touched me on the shoulder and quietly said there she is....

You never know when He will send someone your way that will love you like we are supposed to....   anyway don't give up on him, just carry on with life and make the most of it and He will make the things come along as needed...      My son got married quickly and it fell apart....  I doubt he will ever trust anyone with his heart again....

Lol dairy queen. that's nice. it always happens when least expected doesn't it? ) but that's a wonderful story.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

33 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

True but there are some people who have had a desire to marry and never have. it just happens like that. I don't know if ill be married or not I just don't want it to consume my life more than it already has.

That just tells me it wasn't the will of God. and that could be for many reasons.

• Group:  Diamond Member

Just now, Xethea said:

That just tells me it wasn't the will of God. and that could be for many reasons.

That's what I'm saying. Our desires don't matter it just depends if its Gods will that's all

1 minute ago, Figure of eighty said:

That's what I'm saying. Our desires don't matter it just depends if its Gods will that's all

it's good you see it that way. i only wanted to marry if it was God's will, whether i wanted to or not. For God knows if marriage will be better or not for me and that other person for his will in our lives. Some people may want to, but little do they know, most marriages these days ruin peoples wonderful happy lives.

• Brilliant! 1

3 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

A good perspective is to keep in mind what Paul said, when he explained why it is better to NOT marry someone, though he said it isn't sinful to marry. But those who marry wont fully live for God as a single person can.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Xethea said:

it's good you see it that way. i only wanted to marry if it was God's will, whether i wanted to or not. For God knows if marriage will be better or not for me and that other person for his will in our lives. Some people may want to, but little do they know, most marriages these days ruin peoples wonderful happy lives.

This is actually something I'm just discovering..people use the whole if you delight in god he'll give you the desires of youre heart. Not always. It has to be his will..it'll upset a lot of singles ..it upset me but It all depends on Gods will and I'm just trying to learn to surrender desires that may not be what God wants for me.

2 minutes ago, Xethea said:

A good perspective is to keep in mind what Paul said, when he explained why it is better to NOT marry someone, though he said it isn't sinful to marry. But those who marry wont fully live for God as a single person can.

This is true but even single I have issues living for God. I don't have a magnificent relationship wth God like paul did, I don't hear God at every turn..I struggle for guidance, I struggle with everything concerning God. to not hear his voice and have no one either is really lonely and depressing.

Just now, Figure of eighty said:

This is actually something I'm just discovering..people use the whole if you delight in god he'll give you the desires of youre heart. Not always. It has to be his will..it'll upset a lot of singles ..it upset me but It all depends on Gods will and I'm just trying to learn to surrender desires that may not be what God wants for me.

Psalms 37;4 is highly misunderstood, especially by non believers.

It's not that God will give you what you want, it is that God will take your desires, burn them to ashes and replaces them with his desires for you to have that are like his desires. Basically, he want give you what you want, but he will make you want something he wants. He will transform your desires to be godly. That verse really took an impact on my life.

2 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

This is true but even single I have issues living for God. I don't have a magnificent relationship wth God like paul did, I don't hear God at every turn..I struggle for guidance, I struggle with everything concerning God. to not hear his voice and have no one either is really lonely and depressing.

besides being saved, it took me countless hours for years to clearly understand the difference between understanding me and hearing God. I recognize his voice now though as scripture says his people do. You just may need to give it time and seek the Lord for spiritual growth, maybe even find some people to grow with, but overall, depend on the Lord to get you there, not someone else or yourself.

40 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Lol dairy queen. that's nice. it always happens when least expected doesn't it? ) but that's a wonderful story.

if you heard the story of how I was led by God to my wife, you'd know it could not have been a coincidence or a chance, it was the will of God that I was destined to marry her. No offense, but its not like meeting someone at a store, fast food place, being neighbors, etc. But much more like a drama movie of a man and woman, led by God to fight for love to be together.