• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Not me said:

Scripture says;

Philippians 1:21 (NASB)
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Christ was Paul’s everything. Paul’s conscious personal  relationship with Christ had so grown that of a surety Paul could confidently say; 

“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”

That this might be our hearts desire,  that we too could confidently say; 

“For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”

A heart that can truly say this, is a treasure indeed. As believers, as long as we are in the body to strive that this could and would be made true in our life’s. Blessings to all that would have a heart “after all of Him and nothing of us.”

much love in Christ, Not me 

This is divine providence that I came across this thread. That passage dwells in my mind 24/7. I am heartbroken and grieved at this fallen world and its sinful world system. As each day passes by . . . I can see the decline of morality and falsehood being disseminated (e.g., abortion, murder, anarchy, antichrists, false prophets, false teachers, false religions of demons, etc. -- Dan. 12:10; Matt. 24:23-24; 1 Tim. 4:1; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; 2 Thess. 2:9-10; 2 Pet. 3:3-4; 1 Jn. 2:18; et al.). I used to pray to the LORD almost everyday asking Him to please take me home . . . this world is causing me so much grief. But then I realised that I have loved ones that are lost and need to come to the knowledge of the truth concerning the Word of God, and of the Gospel. I also realised that my parents would be so grief-stricken if their son had passed away before they did -- and I would not want that to happen because I love them so deeply. I also realised that me wanting to depart is somewhat "selfish" on my part -- not considering how others would feel if I had passed away into glory before they did. So we have to have the same mindset as Paul did: To live is Christ and to die is gain. To continue to diligently do God's Will here on Earth until the LORD calls us home (cf. Acts 13:36; Eccl. 12:13-14; Jer. 29:11; 32:19; Matt. 28:18-20; Rom. 8:28; Eph. 2:10; 1 Pet. 2:9). When all is said and done . . . we will have a joy so wonderful to describe . . . that no one can take that joy away from us.

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@*Pumpkin*

Blessed are you! I see such a heart after God and truth. Such wisdom and experience in God do I see. May He enlarge Himself in you to such a degree that you would get a most abundant welcome! Blessings to you,  my fellow laborer in Christ. May He fill our hearts with Himself. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2

Thank you so much for understanding about how I feel. It's very difficult to even turn on the TV without having to come across commercials with sexual innuendos in them -- even on the daily news. I just came back from the grocery store and there were so many worldly magazines right in front of the checkout line; and I wished that they would remove them because there are children and young adults who may be influenced by them, and the carnality and sensuality displayed on the cover of such magazines. Just the other day they had BREAKING NEWS: and the "breaking news" was about the super lotto, and who is the "lucky" winner. They also wanted to know the name of the person who had won it. I can't understand what the importance of knowing the name of that person could possibly be. There are people in other parts of the world where children are dying of starvation and almost no one comes to help them. Then the so-called philanthropists give their money to support other "worldly" causes. Oprah is known for her charities, but they never go to starving people who die each day because of malnutrition. The bible says that in the last days, people will be lovers of themselves which lack "natural affection" (Rom. 1:31; 2 Tim, 3:3) and this seems to be the norm in this world. I so look forward to the return of Christ to take His bride home, and away from this sin stained world. So many people die each day without having made peace with God through Jesus Christ; and this brings me to tears knowing that they are in hell. Maranatha!!!

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, *Pumpkin* said:

Thank you so much for understanding about how I feel. It's very difficult to even turn on the TV without having to come across commercials with sexual innuendos in them -- even on the daily news. I just came back from the grocery store and there were so many worldly magazines right in front of the checkout line; and I wished that they would remove them because there are children and young adults who may be influenced by them, and the carnality and sensuality displayed on the cover of such magazines. Just the other day they had BREAKING NEWS: and the "breaking news" was about the super lotto, and who is the "lucky" winner. They also wanted to know the name of the person who had won it. I can't understand what the importance of knowing the name of that person could possibly be. There are people in other parts of the world where children are dying of starvation and almost no one comes to help them. Then the so-called philanthropists give their money to support other "worldly" causes. Oprah is known for her charities, but they never go to starving people who die each day because of malnutrition. The bible says that in the last days, people will be lovers of themselves which lack "natural affection" (Rom. 1:31; 2 Tim, 3:3) and this seems to be the norm in this world. I so look forward to the return of Christ to take His bride home, and away from this sin stained world. So many people die each day without having made peace with God through Jesus Christ; and this brings me to tears knowing that they are in hell. Maranatha!!!

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

Yes, as the Spirit of Christ in us, gives us eyes to see. We see the total depravity of the world system of things. How it uses this and that desire to control the unregenerated man. It is the New Creation in us (all believers) that is growing. It will in its time change all things that need to be changed in us.(as long as we keep pressing in)  As we come to know who and what “self” is (ourselfs) we see that all people’s fallen humanity is the same. Fallen nature is fallen nature. Once we come to know ourselfs and our fallen nature. We see that is the situation and position of all humanity, and  our hearts go out in love and hope torwards them. For we see that it is the “death of self” a giving up of one’s life and turning to God that is the one way of salvation that is necessary for all of humanity. This salvation we have in Christ is a death to the old and a birth of the new. Blessings as we present ourselfs to God that He may in His time bring increase. That we may come to  understand the “mystery of Christ in us, the hope of glory.” 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

15 hours ago, *Pumpkin* said:

Thank you so much for understanding about how I feel.

:amen:Please count me in on sharing those same convictions of things that turn your stomach. I had to get rid of my television earlier this year (due to the onslaught of evil programming and yes, those disgusting commercials.)

The Lord has driven home a couple excellent verses I'd like to share with you all that have been guidelines for me over the years:

"Abstain from all appearance of evil." 1 Thess 5:22

"I will set no wicked thing before my eyes." (That includes a TV set) Psalm 101:3  

I call these 2 faithful verses my 'trusty two.' They have helped me a lot.

They're short and to the point, so the Lord brings them to mind when I am determining whether to do something or not.

I also ask the question 'What would Jesus do?'

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, Not me and turtletwo. I will keep those in my heart at all times. I love you guys!

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, *Pumpkin* said:

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

That is a good thing you brought up Oprahs name .      Cause it gives me a chance to Show us all something , we already know , But its always good to  be reminded .

Oprah has given more money to the poor , built more places and done much for orphans ,  Heck in a day she has probably given more money than I ever have to the poor .

YET for all the good works she does ,   SHE CLAIMS MANY PATHS TO GOD .

SHE denies JESUS as the ONLY WAY .     Yet this poor man who can barley give , has little money ,    WILL REJOICE ON HIS DAY ,  CAUSE I KNOW JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY

and the ONLY REASON this thing is saved .       THAT Needs to sink in real deep .   cause a lot of ministirs are big on helping the poor ,  YET they blending in now

Under this inclusive umbrella . AND the gospel that saves has been replaced for a good works gospel for unity and world peace .  THEY AINT gonna make it on that road .

That road leads only to the beast and death .    We better armour up more than ever and proclaim more than ever , THE ONLY ONE WHO SAVES IS JESUS

and if one denies HIM , HE WLL DENY THEM . NOT a good work one will be remembered that orpah did ,  LEST SHE REPENT of that lie before its too late for her .     And we cannot be taken in with this big untiy inclusive move .    IF the righteous turns from his righteousness .................IT BODES NO GOOD .

WE cannot turn FROM CHRIST , we cannot let muslims feel saved , or buddits , or unrepentant ones who walk in darkness yet even claim Christ .

We must get fed up good on the bible .    WE must begin praying more for one another and that utterance be given that we may proclaim CHRIST to all .

Cause whether this is believed or not ,   WE ARE IN THE LAST OF DAYS ,   and a nasty delusion has been dumped onto many who have not repented

but have loved pleasure in unrighteousness and its spreading like a cancer .

Something else occurred some time back .     What happens when a person no longer desires ANY part of GOD in their conscious .

HE delivers them over to a reprobate mind .      ONLY we seeing a romans one level reprobation being DUMPED ON THE WHOLE WORLD .

Has been.     And it happened in my own generation , I SEEN the FLIP big TIME .    Now today we got everyone praising all sorts of evil

folks don't even know what sex they are , AND ITS PRAISED .    same sex marriage , ANd ITS PRAISED .

A romans one level reprobation , has been dumped WORLD WIDE ,  cause they did not want GOD in their conscious and how it moved fast .

I aint but forty six years old .      IT MOVED FAST and inquity has sky rocketed .     CLING TO JESUS ,  and no matter how harsh it gets against us

WE GOT HOPE FOR WE HAVE CHRIST .   TO LIVE IS CHRIST , if they kill us ,  TO DIE IS ONLY GAIN ANYWAY.     PRAISE OUR LORD EVERYONE .

PRAISE HIS NAME and do all to POINT TO CHRIST .     

Edited by frienduff thaylorde