IGNORED

How much do you love Jesus?

angels4u

I believe the question borders on the silly. It's a little like "I'm more spiritual that you because I love Jesus more." There are no degrees of Biblical love. Biblical love is not romantic love. Either we love Jesus or we don't. Either we obey Jesus or we don't. We may feel more joy at times in our relationship with Jesus because of circumstances around us and what we believe He is doing in our lives. Biblical love is what you do not what you feel.

Step

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

By Step

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

He Grows A Little Closer

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

Ahhh, how does your post relate to mine?

Everything Beloved

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:3-5

For The Fruit Of The Spirit, Love

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Continues To Grow As We Abide In Jesus

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

If you are trying to answer the question you might try just responding in a normal fashion rather than trying to be some sort of artistic poster. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

If you are trying to answer the question you might try just responding in a normal fashion rather than trying to be some sort of artistic poster. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

He is simply showing from scripture that our love for Christ grows and therefore it is a valid question to ask, How much do you love Jesus? You called the question silly as if your love for Christ has never grown in all your years of walking with him. I know my love for Christ has grown from a spark into a fire and my obedience to him has improved 100 fold. Maybe you started out with a perfect love for God and therefore cannot understand men like us?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  295
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

He is simply showing from scripture that our love for Christ grows and therefore it is a valid question to ask, How much do you love Jesus? You called the question silly as if your love for Christ has never grown in all your years of walking with him. I know my love for Christ has grown from a spark into a fire and my obedience to him has improved 100 fold. Maybe you started out with a perfect love for God and therefore cannot understand men like us?

Thanks for your input. My love for the Lord was anything but perfect in the beginning. I was "saved" in 1949. In the 60's I was doing almost anything but being obedient. At the end of the decade the Lord got my attention and my obedience has improved since then. I can't say for sure that my "love" for Him has grown but my obedience and gratitude certainly has. I realize too that we all respond differently emotionally to our relationship with Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Thanks for your input. My love for the Lord was anything but perfect in the beginning. I was "saved" in 1949. In the 60's I was doing almost anything but being obedient. At the end of the decade the Lord got my attention and my obedience has improved since then. I can't say for sure that my "love" for Him has grown but my obedience and gratitude certainly has. I realize too that we all respond differently emotionally to our relationship with Him.

Right on. It is all in how we use words. Jesus said that if we loved him we would obey him. If our obedience has grown, then I surmise that our love has too. Peace be with you and may the love of God abound in your heart more and more each day.

Right on. It is all in how we use words. Jesus said that if we loved him we would obey him. If our obedience has grown, then I surmise that our love has too. Peace be with you and may the love of God abound in your heart more and more each day.

Amen and vice versa.

Edited by ninhao

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I pray that those in Hollywood who don't know or love God will before it's too late. I know their are some christisn celebs, it just seems like most of Hollywood doesn't., I'll pray for them. Silly question here, but does God love celebrities?

My love for the Lord was anything but perfect in the beginning. I was "saved" in 1949. In the 60's I was doing almost anything but being obedient. At the end of the decade the Lord got my attention and my obedience has improved since then. I can't say for sure that my "love" for Him has grown but my obedience and gratitude certainly has. I realize too that we all respond differently emotionally to our relationship with Him.

lol Brother, I Too Came To Jesus In 1949 And, In 1960 I Joined The US Navy And......

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;

These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.

For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.

They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.

They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wits' end.

Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.

He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.

Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! Psalms 107:23-31

But God Is Gracious And True

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Revelation 3:19

And I Love Him So

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. Deuteronomy 6:4-7

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The bottom line Our Love for Him will be how much

we give back of ourselves for His Use... period....

Sorry to be so blunt about it but the Scripture

Jn 15:13-15

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I

call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I

have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have

made known to you.

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

The most important thing is not how much we love God but how much he loves us. Our love is a weak, pitiful thing compared to the Glory of His eternal Love.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:10

Could we with ink the ocean fill

And were the skies of parchment made

Were every stalk on earth a quill

And every man a scribe by trade

To write the love of God above

Would drain the ocean dry

Nor could the scroll contain the whole

Though stretched from sky to sky

--Isaac Ben Nehoral