turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

I just wrote this one today...It is my second poem I have posted pleading with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I ask you to please pray about this matter. Also, pray for the safety of the many Trick-or-Treaters today.

Halloween- A Poem For The Church

Today is the day that they call Halloween
When laughter at evil so often is seen.
They say it's 'just fun' and it's only pretend,
But the ways of this world will corrupt in the end.

"Come out from among them. Be separate to Me."
These words of the Lord tell us how it should be.
But selfish desires can get cloaked in a lie

when deluded by sins we soon choose to deny.

We are called to be holy and be set apart.
We are called to be different and be pure in heart.
So when Satan is honored, touch not what's unclean.
Beware of his homage they call Halloween.

A thought to ponder on:
I was thinking about the root word in Halloween being hallowed.
The dictionary lists the following synonyms for hallowed: 
blessed, consecrated, devoted, divine, holy, sacred, saintly, set apart

I realize the literal meaning of Halloween is the day prior to the Catholic All Saints Day.
But is that word hallowed even fitting of this day that has origins of lifting up Satan?
(And :(sadly, it still does. Very important day on the calendar for the occult.) 

Instead, this word hallowed (blessed) belongs to our holy God, who is alone worthy of our praise.
"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:9-10

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

But folks will say ,  WE HONORING GOD on this day

To which we say ,  HOW ON EARTH is christanizing EVIL , HONORING TO GOD .

Let he or she who has eyes and ears , both see and hear .

What timothy died rebuking

the church now christanizes .

In no way , in no manner , in no similitude , should the church play dress up .

Timothy would have rebuked all churches that participate in any way on this day .     He died rebuking the celebration of a pagan festival

LET Not NOW , not turn around and try and christanize a pagan festival .    ITS A outright attack against GOD to water down or play on this day .

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, turtletwo said:

I just wrote this one today...It is my second poem I have posted pleading with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I ask you to please pray about this matter. Also, pray for the safety of the many Trick-or-Treaters today.

A thought to ponder on:

I realize the literal meaning of Halloween is the day prior to the Catholic All Saints Day.
But is that word hallowed even fitting of this day that has origins of lifting up Satan?
(And :(sadly, it still does. Very important day on the calendar for the occult.) 

Instead, this word hallowed (blessed) belongs to our holy God, who is alone worthy of our praise.
"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:9-10

This is an AMAZING poem and full of biblical truth to say the least! Indeed, friendship with this world is enmity with God (James 4:4) -- and we are commanded by God to be "holy" (Grk. hagiazo) and "separate" before our God. Even the word "church" (Grk. ekklesia; [ek] - "out of" [kaleo] - "called out") demands as children of God, we are not to partake in, or associate with anything that has the appearance of evil (Rom. 12:2; 1 Cor. 15:33; Eph. 5:11; 1 Thess. 5:22; et al.).  And frienduffthaylorde, I respect your unwavering stance on such pagan festivities as Halloween. I think it takes a lot of spiritual maturity to come to that point; because the more we grow spiritually in truth . . . the more cognizant and spiritually discerning we become with regards to the deceptive plans of our enemy; the devil and his minions (2 Cor. 2:11; 11:14; Eph. 4:27; 6:11; 2 Tim. 2:26; 1 Pet. 5:8; 1 Jn. 4:1; cf. Rev. 12:9). 

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

• This is Worthy 1

5 minutes ago, *Pumpkin* said:

the more cognizant and spiritually discerning we become with regards to the deceptive plans of our enemy; the devil and his minions (2 Cor. 2:11; 11:14; Eph. 4:27; 6:11; 2 Tim. 2:26; 1 Pet. 5:8; 1 Jn. 4:1; cf. Rev. 12:9). 

Thanks for your heartfelt, impassioned reply and for posting these excellent scriptures!

• Loved it! 2

3 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

You know, @frienduff thaylorde ... most don't even claim to honor God while they celebrate halloween.  They just do it because they want to and think it's fun... not even considering whether it honors God or not.  That's what's sad... 

That's sad, but true.

I agree that few give God's feelings a thought. Too swept up in their own fun. Then they fool themselves that it's okay.

As expressed in the lines below about how we can easily deceive ourselves to justify our selfishness/sin.

1 hour ago, turtletwo said:

However, there are some churches that put forth what they call an alternative to the devil's costumes by dressing their kids up as Bible characters and holding a party in the church. This was going on before I even heard of the more recent trunk-or-treat idea.

In that sense, I guess they think they are letting their kids celebrate in a way that causes them to think upon God instead. However, it's still an acknowledgement that Oct 31st was celebrating darkness to begin with...following the same concepts such as costumes/candy.

So maybe that is what frienduff meant?? Don't know.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

20 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

Another great poem - praise God!!  You put it so well... thank you again and may the Lord bless you in your ministry of exhortations! hearts-love-1.png.c2a0e4b588ba3c030e23fb161f7b58fc.png 

:)I appreciate your encouraging words.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

55 minutes ago, Yowm said:

:pumpkin:

@Yowm Hmm. Didn't know which reaction to put...funny (cuz it is) :laugh:, thumbs up:thumbsup: (isn't that a bit like an amen sometimes? Or at least like an 'I agree?') or a 'loved it'... In the end, I chose the last.

But sometimes I wish we could react with several, since they almost all  fit in some cases. lol.

Ever feel that way? I'm notorious for indecision. 

P.S. Wanted to tell you that a couple posts down from my original post you read, I finally was able to add about the theses (the Oct 31st part ) in my thread about the Reformation.

Took me a long time because I was trying to 'clean up an oops.' Never did figure it out. The evidence is still there. (tucking turtle tail in embarrassment :red_smile:) lol 

Anyhow, hope you get a chance to read the rest I posted sometime. 

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

That's sad, but true.

I agree that few give God's feelings a thought. Too swept up in their own fun. Then they fool themselves that it's okay.

As expressed in the lines below about how we can easily deceive ourselves to justify our selfishness/sin.

However, there are some churches that put forth what they call an alternative to the devil's costumes by dressing their kids up as Bible characters and holding a party in the church. This was going on before I even heard of the more recent trunk-or-treat idea.

In that sense, I guess they think they are letting their kids celebrate in a way that causes them to think upon God instead. However, it's still an acknowledgement that Oct 31st was celebrating darkness to begin with...following the same concepts such as costumes/candy.

So maybe that is what frienduff meant?? Don't know.

I am not saying it is a good thing that churches do that, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt as to motive.  I think many do it simply to keep children safe from those who would put harmful things in their candy.  It is possible some children may have been spared from harm because of those church events.  There are so many parents that will continue to send their children out trick or treating in spite of the danger.  

2 hours ago, turtletwo said:

A thought to ponder on:

Very well written and a good message too.  Keep writing.  

1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:

True... and thankfully, @frienduff thaylorde knows me well enough, lol ... I have seen the huge "fall festivals" and you know... there was one youth group I heard that did a hayride and no one dressed up as anything, but they went around playing Christian music and then they'd get out and do a dance skit in the street. :)  I might could go for something like that... nothing at all wrong with being a light! :)  But participation in the way of costumes and buying the candy, trick-or-treating, bobbing for apples, decorating jack-o-lanterns, etc ....  is conforming.  

I am undecided on this because having candy for the kids may save their lives.  They are so accustomed to trick or treating.  It would be better if the parents just stopped participating in Halloween, but what about all those who will not?  Is it really so bad to give out candy, so long as they don't have to say trick or treat?  I am really on the fence on this.   

By the way, what exactly is the symbolism about bobbing for apples?  I just thought it was something some folks did for fun at parties.  I have never given it any thought.