• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

Because there is only joy, love, peace and harmony in Heaven and no more pain, tears, suffering nor grief, then if I am the only Christian in my whole entire family of six...will I not be sad, sorrowful and even heart-broken in heaven for the loss of my family members who did not make it? Or will God remove them from my memory?  What happens - does anybody know?  

Thanks!

Edited by LivingbyFaith
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Isaiah 25:8
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Revelation 22:3
And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Isaiah 25:8
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

Isaiah 30:19
For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.

Isaiah 35:10
And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Isaiah 60:20
Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

We each have the choice. My family too are atheists. I have tried but no luck. Each of us, family or no, has our path. 

My eternal destiny is with Jesus, not family and friends of this earth. No human can fulfill me as God does. So sad but a fact. We choose. Yiur family must decide for themselves.  

6 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

We each have the choice. My family too are atheists. I have tried but no luck. Each of us, family or no, has our path. 

My eternal destiny is with Jesus, not family and friends of this earth. No human can fulfill me as God does. So sad but a fact. We choose. Yiur family must decide for themselves.  

Yes, I understand the scripture "If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison--your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own ... Luke 14:26

Over these past 10 years, I have lost my husband, my father, my two eldest sisters, my closest friend (not by death, just separation) - all that I have left is my 19 year old son and I'm not so sure about his salvation either?  I understand that a saint must sometimes "walk alone", but I put all my trust in Jesus Christ and Him only, it still saddens me though, when I think about it.  Maybe I need to stop thinking along them lines and just set my mind on what's good, noble, pure and holy...to just focus on Jesus!

Thanks for your reply.
  • Praying! 2

You don't need to literally hate anyone or lose family over it. That is against Jesus teachings. Love God and love your fellow man. Set the example but follow Him not this world. Then others are more likely to do so too. 

9 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

You don't need to literally hate anyone or lose family over it. That is against Jesus teachings. Love God and love your fellow man. Set the example but follow Him not this world. Then others are more likely to do so too. 

I didn't say I literally hated them.  My story is a long story, great sufferings were endured and there is nothing but forgiveness on my part.  Separation was their choice.  No matter how much love we offer people, we can still be hated.

MATTHEW 10:22

21Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rise against their parents and have them put to death. 22You will be hated by everyone on account of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. 23When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next. Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.…

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

Because there is only joy, love, peace and harmony in Heaven and no more pain, tears, suffering nor grief, then if I am the only Christian in my whole entire family of six...will I not be sad, sorrowful and even heart-broken in heaven for the loss of my family members who did not make it? Or will God remove them from my memory?  What happens - does anybody know?  

Thanks!

Here is the answer , LBF. A whole different reality.

Isa 65:17
(17)  For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Here is the answer , LBF. A whole different reality.

Isa 65:17
(17)  For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

So, I was correct, yeah?

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 minutes ago, LivingbyFaith said:

So, I was correct, yeah?

Absolutely. We won't grieve for this life. We will be glorified and partaking in God's perfection.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, LivingbyFaith said:

Yes, I understand the scripture "If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison--your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own ... Luke 14:26

Over these past 10 years, I have lost my husband, my father, my two eldest sisters, my closest friend (not by death, just separation) - all that I have left is my 19 year old son and I'm not so sure about his salvation either?  I understand that a saint must sometimes "walk alone", but I put all my trust in Jesus Christ and Him only, it still saddens me though, when I think about it.  Maybe I need to stop thinking along them lines and just set my mind on what's good, noble, pure and holy...to just focus on Jesus!

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, start focusing on the Lord and the good things in life.

Also, you never know....your loved ones might eventually come to know Jesus, too!  Keep that hope within you.   With God all things are possible....many people have experienced this happening, even when their loved one was an atheist!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1