• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/28/1980

2 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Yea, I get into hearing those old tunes myself. My old self, anyway. But though my old self pulls my flesh to remember those good/bad old days, my spirit battles to acknowledge my Savior for help, as I am a new creature, and now Christ lives in me, and I have, as a new creature, become alive unto Christ. I am continuing to grow (up) in Christ, and think differently (repent).      (Just my new personality.......default_cool2.gif.3023929d061fdb7e79f8d00ecd7fb2c7.gif..)

1 Corinthians 13:11  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

What helps (for my (new) self, is the old saying I remember......"garbage in, garbage out!"   It's not so cool anymore.

Philippians 4:8  "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

The new "cool" stuff. (for my-self, anyway)  Time's running out, Joe...................     Just saying..

If anything Jesus taught 1 Thing is that is  not all about saving the whole world

But just that one person to change his one individual the the overall effort counts

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, Not me said:

@JustJoe1980

If I said are did everything that offended you, I offer my sincerest apologies. Never meant to cause offense or harm. 

Much love in Christ, Not me    

Let us all remember ONE THING .   THIS will help us all .      JESUS NEVER so we should never APOLOGIZE when we speak truth .

WE got nothing to apologise for , IF ITS TRUTH WE SPOKE .    If we screaming it with hate ,   THEN yeah apologize for the action .

I did not see you screaming nor hating .    So never once apologize IF and WHEN we speak truth .

And let me leave us all with this reminder and example of the PERFECT HOLY ONE CHRIST JESUS .

His desciples came to him and said LORD , did you not realize that this saying OFFENDED THEM .     any guesses on what JESUS said .

DID he say ,  OH DEAR ,  we don't want to do that ,  here , let me go hug them a bit and say it differently .  NOPE .

DId he say , oh dear I offended them ,   go heat a fire and lets make the coffee and we can all sing cumbaya  for world peace and unity .  NO .

HE SAID ,    LET THEM BE ,  they blind leading the blind ,   every plant that MY FATHER has not planted shall be ROOTED UP . 

We need to never apologize for speaking truth .   WE do need to make sure when we speak it , we do it with hope they repent . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Let us all remember ONE THING .   THIS will help us all .      JESUS NEVER so we should never APOLOGIZE when we speak truth .

WE got nothing to apologise for , IF ITS TRUTH WE SPOKE .    If we screaming it with hate ,   THEN yeah apologize for the action .

I did not see you screaming nor hating .    So never once apologize IF and WHEN we speak truth .

And let me leave us all with this reminder and example of the PERFECT HOLY ONE CHRIST JESUS .

His desciples came to him and said LORD , did you not realize that this saying OFFENDED THEM .     any guesses on what JESUS said .

DID he say ,  OH DEAR ,  we don't want to do that ,  here , let me go hug them a bit and say it differently .  NOPE .

DId he say , oh dear I offended them ,   go heat a fire and lets make the coffee and we can all sing cumbaya  for world peace and unity .  NO .

HE SAID ,    LET THEM BE ,  they blind leading the blind ,   every plant that MY FATHER has not planted shall be ROOTED UP . 

We need to never apologize for speaking truth .   WE do need to make sure when we speak it , we do it with hope they repent . 

Humbling oneself and taking the lowest position can be a way of opening up a pathway and showing love. You never know how your words enter someone’s heart, they can cause harm where not intended. But I agree one should never apologize for speaking the truth. But as scripture says always speak it in love. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

8 hours ago, JustJoe1980 said:

As I look at Society watch the news all I see is people in general

how I can improve in a particular group from stopping the hate

I came up with this idea when I was watching TV a talk show where the lady host  opening likes the same sex....
We all know what the Bible says about it obviously....
But when I see Jesus example 
His ability to be counter ineptitude
When understanding and treating other
That is different from him.

It sounds like you have answered your own question in terms of a " what would Jesus do "  moment  .

How do you perceive Jesus handling the situation of  dealing with sin ,   while at the same time rejecting any " hate"  of the sinner ? 

I think our Savior has given us a spiritual formulary in His precious Word for accomplishing just that .

" Lord , TEACH US ……" --- Luke 11 : 1

Edited by Unfailing Presence
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, JustJoe1980 said:

As I look at Society watch the news all I see is people in general

that bring others down but seriously is becoming a real problem

how I can improve in a particular group from stopping the hate

I feel that the older generation has a hard time with this and that is an issue that we all have to deal with
I guess what I'm trying to say is it a topic some all of you like you avoid
I came up with this idea when I was watching TV a talk show where the lady host  opening likes the same sex
We all know what the Bible says about it obviously
It does it mean that the Bible is going to make it go away we have to deal with it in a positive way as Christians
But when I see Jesus example 
His ability to be counter ineptitude
When understanding and treating other
That is different from him
I would be thankful for any input you may provide or opinions?

I was having an argument with a liberal yesterday about trump saying there were "good people" on both sides in Chancellorsville. 

The interesting thing to note as you read this is that the left claim they are the all inclusive ones and that the right is basically a bunch of haters...

I tried to explain to the guy that I cut the kids in that group slack because they are just kids. They are doing what we all do - make dumb mistakes. I said some of them would leave that group as they aged and got wisdom, while a tiny minority would stay in it for life. His argument was that I was proving I was one of them because I was cutting them slack. I had to explain that I feel the same way about Antifa and BLM members.

But at the end of the day, he said that the members of the group deserved no slack. I'm the old guy and he's the young guy, but he's the one that sees me as a hater and yet he's the one that actually hates. And yes, I mean "HATES". 

I hate sin. And homosexuals, like all of us, are sinners. Where some of them go off the rails is where they refuse to admit that their sin is sin. I would welcome homosexuals into my church, no problem. However, if they are actively practicing, that is different. Same goes for heterosexuals that are sexually active but not married.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  06/28/1980

13 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I was having an argument with a liberal yesterday about trump saying there were "good people" on both sides in Chancellorsville. 

The interesting thing to note as you read this is that the left claim they are the all inclusive ones and that the right is basically a bunch of haters...

I tried to explain to the guy that I cut the kids in that group slack because they are just kids. They are doing what we all do - make dumb mistakes. I said some of them would leave that group as they aged and got wisdom, while a tiny minority would stay in it for life. His argument was that I was proving I was one of them because I was cutting them slack. I had to explain that I feel the same way about Antifa and BLM members.

But at the end of the day, he said that the members of the group deserved no slack. I'm the old guy and he's the young guy, but he's the one that sees me as a hater and yet he's the one that actually hates. And yes, I mean "HATES". 

I hate sin. And homosexuals, like all of us, are sinners. Where some of them go off the rails is where they refuse to admit that their sin is sin. I would welcome homosexuals into my church, no problem. However, if they are actively practicing, that is different. Same goes for heterosexuals that are sexually active but not married.

I used to be homophobic until negative experience as a teen affect me in a positive way I sincerely didn't think I would ever vent to anyone.     Ever