SisterCess

USING GOD'S NAME IN VAIN

On 11/9/2018 at 9:46 AM, Billiards Ball said:

When you swear an oath by God, when you consider the greatness of God's name, do not do so lightly. Don't overcomplicate things:

1) Make sure you've trusted Jesus, who is perfect, to pay for your imperfection via His cross and resurrection.

2) Receive freedom from Jesus Christ.

Also consider not swearing at all. What was it our Lord said about wise counsel, number of hairs upon the head, or what color they may be.

A promise from the Lord is Eternal. No need for the likes of mankind to place value on one another by appearance of any standard.

For the Faithful are under a single banner.

Amen..

3 hours ago, pinacled said:

Also consider not swearing at all. What was it our Lord said about wise counsel, number of hairs upon the head, or what color they may be.

A promise from the Lord is Eternal. No need for the likes of mankind to place value on one another by appearance of any standard.

For the Faithful are under a single banner.

Amen..

Certainly. I was just giving the context for the 14 centuries of law before Jesus said, "Don't take vows and swear."

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Certainly. I was just giving the context for the 14 centuries of law before Jesus said, "Don't take vows and swear."

Would you like to hear a story?

I wonder if calling Him 'LORD LORD' is using His name 'in vain/to no purpose, if we don't do what He says ? Lk 6v46

looks to me like He expects us to 'obey Him ! or He won't do anything for us. it may have something to do with 'learning to become obedient see Heb 5v8, 9.

it would certainly be necessary for sinners to 'change their ways to get into God's Kingdom.

1 hour ago, Betha said:

I wonder if calling Him 'LORD LORD' is using His name 'in vain/to no purpose, if we don't do what He says ? Lk 6v46

looks to me like He expects us to 'obey Him ! or He won't do anything for us. it may have something to do with 'learning to become obedient see Heb 5v8, 9.

it would certainly be necessary for sinners to 'change their ways to get into God's Kingdom.

I wonder if calling him Lord Lord actually means we are addressing the biblical LORD. 

Rhetorical question of course because if one cannot say Jesus is God; they dont have the indwelling spirit to know . The Holy Spirit teaches all scriptural truths. He directs the straight path.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Sure. Thank you.

My pleasure,

Once upon a place in time two cultures discoveded one another by means of divine providence. Though the two were seperated by appearances their principles were very much alike. In sharing this common bond they became like family to one another and shared a measure of awe together.

As each culture shared in the belief of honorable gifts each individual represented. They chose their leadership with the same measure. 

One culture held a long standing tradition that anyone was given the right to challenge the chosen leader to combat.  A combat of skill with an audience present to witness the full potential of the individual.

Amongst the visiting culture there is woman by name of auraoscean who has been considered a leader whose character resembles a woman from the book of judges. She has a single son who is very much loved by their new family and has been respected even more by them than his own family. After being somewhat adopted by their leadership for his character of humility A tragedy happens to the new family that the son of auraoscean helps to save them from.

During which time a few orphans from the other family are adopted by auraoscean. Then just as tragedy began it ened. At the shock of all peace is restored in the most unsuspected manner by both families.

So, after said peace is retained. Auraoscean is challenged by one of her own kind to combat. 

Suffice to say he is up against a lengend. So much so that each challenger that has lost is measured by the time of the match.

But then a surprise comes after the upstart looses the challenge.

As auraoscean walks over to one of the adopted orphans she kindly gestures them.

"Are you ready"?

The orphan declares with a loud cry.

"I challenge your son"!

In awe the son looks over at the orphan with his smilling heart and eyes. As he then begins to take off all his armor while everyone wonders and murmers. "What is he doing"?

Before the orphan could phathom the response to the challenge.

The son walks over and lays all his armor at the feet of the orphan and says,

"I accept your challenge"

Blessings Always in the Name of the Lord of Host.

Edited by pinacled

There may be a few here reading that have heard stories in tradition about Mosheh and the Egyptian who suffered wrath at the hand of righteous judgment.

I imagine the day mosheh hid the enemy in the sand was quite the reminder to accusers the day Yeshua(Jesus wrote in the sand.

The Lord is known and understood in 4 syllables.

Like the 4 spaces between 5 fingers of wisdom from 7 stars fed with pure oil.

After all 3s and 4s are the way of the King.

The city ole sh'aul spoke of as being from above. She has a name very much woven with loving kindness with the Lords Name.

In Honor a promise is given as bread upon the voice of many waters.

Amen.

Edited by pinacled