IGNORED

Get a loan for Christmas expenses

Guest 1sheep

I was listening to a christian radio channel an acquaintance suggestedf I listen to. 

Within the first 20 minutes the radio jockey said" Christmas expenses got you down ? ; so and so can give you a loan and help ease your financial troubles". 

Am I the only one that this bothers? 

This kind of mentality is what man and his distorted wayward greed for STUFF haS done to Christmas! Buy buy buy and if you dont have the money, well just get a loan! 

Nevermind Christ who said

The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.

I have a loan on my home.  Car is paid off.  I also have credit cards which my debt to credit ratio is  out of wonk at this moment because it took ALOT of money to move 2000 miles.

I know sometimes a loan is the only way to " get there" so to speak. But to get a loan solely to fulfill that picture of numerous presents under the tree? No. This is not Jesus way! 

This is bondage to the wiles of wayward self pleasing flesh.

Edited by 1sheep

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

I agree, don't get me wrong, I like to celebrate Jesus birthday, but I hate what Christmas has become. I have been arguing family aginsed exchanging gifts for years; this is the first year it is not happening except among the children. I like to give gifts, but I don't agree with exchanging gifts... the idea of giving with the expectation of receiving from another person with the same price that I spent just feels wrong. I would rather put that money towards a gift basket - and give it to a family who can't afford it. That is truly giving Jesus His birthday gift. "for whatever you have done to the least of these, you have done unto Me"!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The high expectation for presents gets out of hand sometimes. When we got married, suddenly presents doubled. We had to work out limits and still be creative in what we gave. Fortunately that turned out to be simple. We quit the frantic party socialization type stuff, looked for things they would like throughout the year and we have been able to give them all presents they really like within a strict budget. So our holiday season is filled with family activities that we enjoy and bond over, and then do not overeat or overspend. A good time is had by all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

I agree, don't get me wrong, I like to celebrate Jesus birthday, but I hate what Christmas has become. I have been arguing family aginsed exchanging gifts for years; this is the first year it is not happening except among the children. I like to give gifts, but I don't agree with exchanging gifts... the idea of giving with the expectation of receiving from another person with the same price that I spent just feels wrong. I would rather put that money towards a gift basket - and give it to a family who can't afford it. That is truly giving Jesus His birthday gift. "for whatever you have done to the least of these, you have done unto Me"!

When celebrating Christmas how often we hear we celebrating JESUS , His birth .   IF one is truly doing that ,   then how can anything contrary to HIM , be HONORING TO HIM .

When celebrating what is called eastar   folks say , we celebrating his resurrection .     HOW can brining pagan events into this , BE HONORING to JESUS in any way .

If a man wants to honor the LORD on certain days ,  THEN MAKE SURE its the LORD we honor ,  and GOD is not well pleased with being honored with pagan pratices

or covetousness .     Notice I don't attack the days ,  JUST the way ITS DONE .  

If a man wants to remember and honor Him on holidays ,    MAKE SURE that what we do , WOULD REALLY PLEASE the ONE we say we doing HONOR UNTO .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

The high expectation for presents gets out of hand sometimes. When we got married, suddenly presents doubled. We had to work out limits and still be creative in what we gave. Fortunately that turned out to be simple. We quit the frantic party socialization type stuff, looked for things they would like throughout the year and we have been able to give them all presents they really like within a strict budget. So our holiday season is filled with family activities that we enjoy and bond over, and then do not overeat or overspend. A good time is had by all. 

Sister you loved and many are with you no matter what you are going through .   GOD is with us .   You loved sister and many still praying for you .  

I guess the glaring contradiction was that this particular 'christian' radio channel takes on an advertiser that pushes a worldly mindset.

I shouldn't be surprised I guess. Many have that godly appearance these days. The word christian is as watered down as the apostate doctrine that pervades.